10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You mean stupidity and more unkept promises than anything else?

No wall.
    Mexico isn't paying for the wall.
    No better healthcare. Who knew healthcare would be so hard?
    China isn't a currency manipulator.
    Tariffs aren't helping.
    Tax cuts didn't help a thing.
    Trade wars are not easy to win.
    Hillary isn't investigated.
    Hillary isn't jailed.
    Corruption hasn't be tackled, only increased.
    He went golfing damn near every other day, when he said he wouldn't.
    He hasn't stepped away from his businesses.

I could keep going if you want, that's only a fraction of the shit he hasn't done and really the only thing he has done is tax cuts and get judges in, which any other Republican would have done the later anyways.
    Sadly if you ask his base they will swear by their kids that all of those and more are a reality/happened/beneficial

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Has anyone with MAGA friends started to tell them lies in return and see how they react? Like if they say Trump hasn't commited any crime you say "nice green sky we have today".

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/media...-hell-1-25.cnn This gave me a pretty good chuckle.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Has anyone with MAGA friends started to tell them lies in return and see how they react? Like if they say Trump hasn't commited any crime you say "nice green sky we have today".
    They already think I'm a loon for telling them facts, don't want to give them anymore reason to not believe me. Or worst they start believing the sky is green. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    They already think I'm a loon for telling them facts, don't want to give them anymore reason to not believe me. Or worst they start believing the sky is green. >.>
    I hear ya. Half of my family/relatives in WI. support him, the other half hate him. Family gatherings get pretty heated at times. lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I hear ya. Half of my family/relatives in WI. support him, the other half hate him. Family gatherings get pretty heated at times. lol
    Yep, I have a couple of morons in my family. Couple saying that they are going to start a campaign to impeach the next Democratic president, doesn't matter if they didn't do anything. Because they think Trump didn't do anything wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we're just casually threatening ranking House members now

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...597394944?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, I have a couple of morons in my family. Couple saying that they are going to start a campaign to impeach the next Democratic president, doesn't matter if they didn't do anything. Because they think Trump didn't do anything wrong.
    That's an empty threat because that's the default mode for Republicans anyway. They were threatening to have constant investigations into Hillary the day after being elected President

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    My immediate family hasn't said anything one way or another about Trump, so I honestly don't know where they are on it. I do have a couple of idiot extended family that support him (cousins and the like too). I just blocked them, I don't have time for people like that, and I won't go to gatherings where they are permitted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    That's an empty threat because that's the default mode for Republicans anyway. They were threatening to have constant investigations into Hillary the day after being elected President
    Considering she isn't president and there still are investigations that continue to find nothing really shows just how much she lives inside their heads.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    This is how republicans fucked up. Dems managed to convince a majority of Americans that Trump did something wrong and that the senate trial needed witnesses and more evidence.

We now have a situation where a majority knows that the senate is rigging the trial. Kiss a few million votes goodbye, GOP.
    It looks like that was always the real goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I have told them to truth and they called it lies then I would show them proof and they would respond with "Haha, you believe X" and when I would show them irrefutable proof entirely, they would either shut up and not respond or threaten me.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Dems are hedging their bets on enough people paying attention to see this as the sham trial that it is, and hoping enough folks have seen the evidence laid out.

Republicans are hoping to shout over the evidence enough to either sow 'reasonable doubt' or make people fed up with 'angry partisan politics'.

It's a war of attrition and we'll see who holds out.
    but democrats have one advantage that the GOP doesnt

Trump cant go a week without either him or someone he is trying to screw over but they wont quietly fall on their sword doesnt know, releasing more evidence that makes anyone that went "we dont need to call witnesses" look like they are participating in a coverup

thanks to that, this will never be buried by Trump's other bullshit

which is the normal way that helps him and his watercarriers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    but democrats have one advantage that the GOP doesnt

Trump cant go a week without either him or someone he is trying to screw over but they wont quietly fall on their sword doesnt know, releasing more evidence that makes anyone that went "we dont need to call witnesses" look like they are participating in a coverup

thanks to that, this will never be buried by Trump's other bullshit

which is the normal way that helps him and his watercarriers
    Honestly it's Trump being such a swamp monster that put them in this position in the first place. Before him, even their most morally abhorrent actions were done as close to by the books as possible and now their mouthpiece won't shut the fuck up and it's giving away their game.

It's like playing Poker on the regular with some friends, and you suspect one of them is cheating but don't have enough to go on to call them out on it. And, one day, they bring their new GF over who after every hand goes "Oh man, I can't believe they didn't notice the King you had in your sleeve! Fucking idiots!"

EXCLUSIVE: Bolton's book draft says Trump told him in August that he wanted to continue freezing aid to Ukraine until they helped with investigations into rivals.

Bolton is the worse. He wont' testify and rather sell books. BUT, this seems to confirm what Trump was attempting to do, withhold funds until he got dirt on a political rival.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Bolton is the worse. He wont' testify and rather sell books.
    Introduce the book as evidence.

If the GOP say it's not evidence because it's not under oath, then you've activated my trap card.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Introduce the book as evidence.

If the GOP say it's not evidence because it's not under oath, then you've activated my trap card.
    You would need a vote to allow evidence for that to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    My immediate family hasn't said anything one way or another about Trump, so I honestly don't know where they are on it. I do have a couple of idiot extended family that support him (cousins and the like too). I just blocked them, I don't have time for people like that, and I won't go to gatherings where they are permitted anyway.
    I have been working my aunt since the impeachment started with story after story, even showing her the Lev Parnas tape, but I don't know, her husband is fucking staunchly Republican because he is one of those morons that thinks Democrats are coming after his guns.

I just got home, did anything of value come out of the Senate stuff today for anyone that saw it? Or was it the same as yesterday? I spent last night house/dog sitting for a friend.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I just got home, did anything of value come out of the Senate stuff today for anyone that saw it? Or was it the same as yesterday? I spent last night house/dog sitting for a friend.
    no session today
    they start back up on Monday