... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Lets look at the systems.

TF/WF:
    1. The right item had to drop
    2. It had to have a socket
    3. It had to WF/TF

Thats 3 seperate RNG elements to every potential drop.

Corrupted Gear:
    1. The right item has to drop
    2. It has to be Corrupted
    3. It has to have a gem socket
    4. It has to have the right affix of corrupted to be "useful"
    5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you

Thats 5 separate RNG elements to deal with for each potential drop.

Thats not even mentioning the downsides of corrupted gear, please add 1-6 mechanics (depending on your cloak, Heart traits and gear) to every boss in order to gain the "benefits" of the corrupted gear
    -It didn't have to be WF/TF
    -It didn't have to be socketed

The same people bitching about this are the same ones who show up to a raid unbuffed.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Didnt Blizz say that Benthic gear from 8.2 would have some longevity? That subsequent patches would see more upgrades available?
    Has Benthic been abandoned already?

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I'm not sure how I missed that, though I've only gotten my cloak for two characters so far! Thanks so much.
    It's one of those "too obvious" things, almost missed it myself too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Didnt Blizz say that Benthic gear from 8.2 would have some longevity? That subsequent patches would see more upgrades available?
    Has Benthic been abandoned already?
    I suppose if benthics can be leveled to match current gear, they aren't completely obsolete.

We have an ilvl 450 main playing with 415 WQ legs because the corruption proc is that good.
    Maybe in mythic difficulty having too much corruption could become a problem, but in HC, anything up to 39 is fine (ok, not on tanks, lol).

Benthic has been abandoned yes. It also cant corrupt so as it stands useless.

Got a corrputed 150 piece of gear on one of my shitty ilvl 375.
    Now I know where all the graveyard spanw point are on the map
    fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Got a corrputed 150 piece of gear on one of my shitty ilvl 375.
    Now I know where all the graveyard spanw point are on the map
    fun time
    Max corruption on a piece is +75, but cool story

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i'm glad i'm not playing 8.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Just purify your corrupted gears, we're not enough resistant to this

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    how do you compare an AoE trait against a Single target trait. And what about healers and tanks that cares for their output more than their dmg? If I played a resto druid in a raid team that takes a lot of dmg, I would hate to get infinity star, I would rather have the flatout stat increase. Just cuz some traits are good at something does not make the good at everything and the otherway around, just cuz it is bad for you as a DPS does not mean it is bad for everybody.
    What argument are you making? that dps corruption aren't useful for non-dps roles?

There is still a great disparity between the corruptions available, you would go with the haste from all sources mastery proc probably as resto?
    Theres miles between those and void ritual or glimpse of clarity for example.

I checked if my benthic ilevel 420 chest could be upgraded via pearls. what was it, 20 ilevels for 350 pearls ? And I got 3 corrupted gear, i was doing lingering quests, and not there yet to discover how to purify them on my toon.

I might focus on getting my alts to 120 instead of arsing my way thru with this 8.3 stuff.
    This cat scratches free.

This system sucks! Until I get infinity stars, then all will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    This system sucks! Until I get infinity stars, then all will be good.
    Aahahaha 5 pieces and so far nothing mate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Aahahaha 5 pieces and so far nothing mate...
    Got Echoing Void instead, tho.
    But being a ranged DPS it's kind of hard to maximize its procs.
    Maybe it's time to go feral :P

Some people here seem to fail to realize that your corruption can only go so high. Once you get one "good" corrupted piece you are essentially done because wearing any more than that will be too much of an issue when it comes to the disadvantages. Maybe once cloaks are max rank you can couple a good rank 3 trait with some rank1-2 traits and that's it.

The RNG factor is a lot less then requiring to get titanforging on every piece of gear. Now you just need 1-2 good pieces and you're done. Personally I like the system but perhaps I've gotten lucky on my 3 characters.

Fury war - 430 rank 2 infinite star boots
    Frost mage - 445 rank 1 twilight dev ring
    Moonkin/Resto - 460 rank 2 infinite star legs, and 430 gloves with rank 3? leech percent (8% leech). Gonna test out the leech as a healer in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Some people here seem to fail to realize that your corruption can only go so high. Once you get one "good" corrupted piece you are essentially done because wearing any more than that will be too much of an issue when it comes to the disadvantages. Maybe once cloaks are max rank you can couple a good rank 3 trait with some rank1-2 traits and that's it.
    And what you fail to realize is that what will cause a break-point for a given individual is affected by how much their support can... support, meaning it's different for everyone.

That's my biggest issue. I'm not interested in trying to parse with my so-so guild that can't support worth a damn while Johnny Rockstar gets to sport 2x as much corruption because he's in a good guild.

I used to raid with my friends who aren't stellar players, but the main source of joy I get from raiding with people who would otherwise drive me nuts is the fact that I used to be able to take solace in epeen stroking my solo performance. Systems like corrupted gear fly in the face of that.

My ideal wow looks like:

Me, getting to raid with a bunch of scrubs that have personalities I like so I have fun bullshitting while also feeling like a god among men.
    Me, also getting 99th percentile parses because the sole source for my performance IS actually my performance.
    Me, only needing to log in to raid because I get stuff like blood of sargeras from raids, which can be turned into all the consumables I need in raid.

The game has gotten so far away from those days that I've quit and have actually had no desire to come back. In the past, addiction pulled me back to stomach Legion until the end. In BFA, with the release of benthic gear, etc, it has been painless with no withdrawal.

I'd love for wow to go back, but I don't expect it to, and I also don't have a burning NEED for it to any more. Bravo wow team, you finally gave me the peace I need! I'm sure it's exactly what they wanted was for me to quit and feel content

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    My ideal wow looks like:

Me, getting to raid with a bunch of scrubs that have personalities I like so I have fun bullshitting while also feeling like a god among men.
    Me, also getting 99th percentile parses because the sole source for my performance IS actually my performance.
    Me, only needing to log in to raid because I get stuff like blood of sargeras from raids, which can be turned into all the consumables I need in raid.

The game has gotten so far away from those days that I've quit and have actually had no desire to come back. In the past, addiction pulled me back to stomach Legion until the end. In BFA, with the release of benthic gear, etc, it has been painless with no withdrawal.

I'd love for wow to go back, but I don't expect it to, and I also don't have a burning NEED for it to any more. Bravo wow team, you finally gave me the peace I need! I'm sure it's exactly what they wanted was for me to quit and feel content
    I'm 100% with you. I feel like the complaints about WOD resulted in a knee jerk reaction to create an expansion with much more "content". However, we have to be careful about how we define "content" here. Running Maw of Souls hundreds of time in a month is not "content", it's the most straight path to more character power under a poorly designed progression system. Randomly dropped legiondaries is just loot, in and of itself it's not content. On top of that, it's an absurd system to hand out INCREDIBLY POWERFUL items. Where the difference between the BIS legiondary and the worst is literally night and day.

Now, Legion did have ACTUAL content that was VERY good, but the awful systems that were introduced forced the majority of the playerbase who was interested in more high level raiding to spend most of their time on one class and one spec. This is bad when they spend all this time designing artifact weapons for each spec. It means most of that content won't get seen by this group of players. Enter frustration with the grind and burnout, as a ton of people predicted.

Now with BFA they're trying to fix the frustration the community has with the RNG riddled loot system. So what is the plan? Rather than dial back, they just introduce different types of end game progression systems. In most cases, they are even WORSE than the ones they initially brought in with Legion. I feel like it's all stemming from a desire by Activision to increase MAUs, and thereby increase micro transactions among the few players left in the game. For me, this type of design strategy is terribly off-putting. I feel like the design team doesn't have interest in whether or not the overall game is fun, they just want to make sure they have ridiculous end game progression systems that virtually force any semi serious player to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    I feel like it's all stemming from a desire by Activision to increase MAUs, and thereby increase micro transactions among the few players left in the game. For me, this type of design strategy is terribly off-putting. I feel like the design team doesn't have interest in whether or not the overall game is fun, they just want to make sure they have ridiculous end game progression systems that virtually force any semi serious player to grind.
    Exactly. I think you hit the nail on the head, because this is precisely what I was feeling as well. Their target demographic seems to have shifted to the mobile market crowd. People who apparently simultaneously have large disposable incomes with few brain cells and short attention spans. $100 for this pretty looking character in what amounts to the complexity of a flash game I'd find on eBaum's World in 2005? SIGN. ME. UP!"
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-01-28 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Do remember that the trait contributing 15% of ones damage also causes high enough corruption to totally fuck up your damage.
    There are multiple traits that can contribute that much damage even at rank 2. And 13 active corruption(50-37) is literally nothing. As a DH I can counter-play a lot of corruption effects well and can go even 40+ corruption(I am sure up to 79 in farm content) without too much hassle.

Where do one even get corrupted gear, only from heroic vision yes? I dont have time to do heroic vision last few weeks, so I just stock up on the quest item thingie....Maybe later ill go for a few runs in a row.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO