Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Well, thats my sub canceled. Fuck this shit
    Did you get another ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I hope that they will deliver on their promise of getting rid of the weekly chest of disappointment.

Giving players a choice between rewards will go a long way to preventing gameplay detoriating RNG.

Sometimes I really question the capabilities of the wow devs. Have they not learned the basics on randomness in game design? The weekly chests are almost literally a textbook example of the worst possible output randomness. It is utterly bad design.
    Is it worse then not getting anything at all? Because that's what you should get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Or maybe he knows that getting avoidance instead of Gushing Wound, Echoing Void, Infinite Stars or Twilight Devastation is a huge performance loss.
    You are mistaken. There is no performance lost at all. Getting one if those is a performance gain. OP obviously didn't deserve to get a good corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Got my two worst secondaries and the worst possible corruption/speed on mine. Fun stuff.

I really don't like how most of my damage is from items/essence/procs etc and I don't even have a damage proc corrupted item yet. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    The Limit guys were saying getting a perfect corrupted piece with socket etc.. is like 40x harder than getting bis TF with socket piece. Seems like a good replacement system when 90% of your player base are yelling at you to get rid of random RNG shit like this.

Blizz is really falling apart.
    The thing with corruption is that you only need maybe 3 or 4 perfect pieces instead of 12. Even the best players are effectively capped at 80 corruption. At very end of expansion with rank 15 cloak and all of your weekly upgrades, you have about 225 to play with (125 from cloak, 20 from essences and absolutely no more than 80 over - anything over 60 and you're likely to spend more time dealing with side effects than doing damage, and I think the average player would stay under 40 if possible.

That's enough for three corruptions in the 60-75 range, infinite stars is probably a given for most dps. Most people won't be needing more than two, and that's still only at end of expansion levels of resistance. Even with a "40x lower chance", (low chance^12) is FAR less likely to happen than (low chance / 40)^ 2 or 3.
    Realistically, you have a way better chance of getting full perfect BiS under the new system, even if a given piece is rarer. You're not aiming for "a weapon with X corruption and a socket", any three pieces of gear with that corruption and a socket will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I take it you got another ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Did you get another ring?
    Probably not. It's super easy to make up a story and go "I quit" for the reactions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    The thing with corruption is that you only need maybe 3 or 4 perfect pieces instead of 12. Even the best players are effectively capped at 80 corruption. At very end of expansion with rank 15 cloak and all of your weekly upgrades, you have about 225 to play with (125 from cloak, 20 from essences and absolutely no more than 80 over - anything over 60 and you're likely to spend more time dealing with side effects than doing damage, and I think the average player would stay under 40 if possible.

That's enough for three corruptions in the 60-75 range, infinite stars is probably a given for most dps. Most people won't be needing more than two, and that's still only at end of expansion levels of resistance. Even with a "40x lower chance", (low chance^12) is FAR less likely to happen than (low chance / 40)^ 2 or 3.
    Realistically, you have a way better chance of getting full perfect BiS under the new system, even if a given piece is rarer. You're not aiming for "a weapon with X corruption and a socket", any three pieces of gear with that corruption and a socket will do.
    Rank 15 cloak has 50 resist, not 125. The essences don't stack. So at max you have 60 corruption resistance (not counting the paragon resistance after your cloak is 15, that's 3 resistance per paragon level).

For most people, you can't go above 40 corruption, it's too risky - especially for tanks. The Thing From Beyond/whatever its name is scales with player hp/spec. It hits for like 100k when you are in a dps spec. However on my blood dk it hits for 300k. It's way too risky to get hit by such a burst periodically. One high level attack and that guy landing at the same time and you are oneshot.

As a dps, and especially ranged, you can still play around with the high corruption effects a bit more, but for tanks (in content where you are being pummeled by a truck constantly) it's a bit of a no-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Corruption is such a stupid system. I can’t believe they scrapped titanforging for this crap.

And I’m saying that as someone with two relatively good corruptions on my main right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    but for tanks (in content where you are being pummeled by a truck constantly) it's a bit of a no-go.
    This is my biggest problem. In ret spec I can play around with more corruption (until the 40 threshold; think that's the next tier), but as a tank who I play a lot I can't really go into the 25 area because the thing spawning on the ground could cause problems for me and the group if I have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Is it worse then not getting anything at all? Because that's what you should get.

- - - Updated - - -

You are mistaken. There is no performance lost at all. Getting one if those is a performance gain. OP obviously didn't deserve to get a good corruption.
    Opportunity cost. Also in this case the avoidance corruption is literally taking the place of a throughput corruption on a guaranteed corrupted piece.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I haven't opened my chest yet (EU), but I kinda have a feeling I'll get a belt because it's the only cool item with cool corruption effect I have. I recall they said we'd get like a choice of items? Or is that not a thing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I haven't opened my chest yet (EU), but I kinda have a feeling I'll get a belt because it's the only cool item with cool corruption effect I have. I recall they said we'd get like a choice of items? Or is that not a thing anymore?
    The choice is a Shadowlands thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    That's in Shadowlands. Fuck knows why they don't just do it now, but yeah.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Rank 15 cloak has 50 resist, not 125.
    after which you can further increase its corruption resistance (up to 125 i believe) without increasing its rank...

7+ Year Old Account
    I got 475 wrists with Infinite Stars rank 3. Think i've used all my luck for the rest of the expansion

Yep. They literally added mount drop rng to gear. Good luck!

I shit you not. Last season, the last 10 weekly chests i opened. I got 8 frikking RINGS!! Almost in a row. I have become a meme in my guild and people have actually taken bets on me getting another ring tomorrow. I for one can't wait for the SL chest change were we get to choose out of like 3 items. But knowing blizzard and my luck. i can probably choose between 3 rings
    I have like a 35-40% belt quota personally. That is also why they turn the chest into a multi-select reward with the next addon. The sad part is that they haven't managed to do that yet for this patch.. that is some shit that every intern in a mobile game dev company can whip up in like 5 minutes.

Edit: Just checked, of course I've got another belt this week..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-01-29 at 09:15 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBigglez View Post
    I got 475 wrists with Infinite Stars rank 3. Think i've used all my luck for the rest of the expansion
    Saw this on reddit and I'm pretty sure this person used up all of their luck.

Well, thats my sub canceled. Fuck this shit
    Lol, got another one?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    A system in which you get a below average reward 50% of the time is the most basic form of rng and also the laziest and shittiest form of game design.
    Of course the maths check out... cause that's just how averages work. Any % above that would mean gradual week-to-week inflation in reward quality, which would at a certain point just reach a guaranteed BiS with best procs every week.
    Now that sounds like a simple fix, but it also means significant effort, as there just isn't an overall BiS for any class at any given moment (especially with how sims work)... do you expect them to also run a background sim of the reward item against the spec/talent-choice to determine what the item will be while at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The choice is a Shadowlands thing.
    Aww dammit. I thought it was this patch. Thanks.