Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was gonna say, the disdain is always from the elves and doesn't ever really seem to be from humans.

but they're right of course. the windrunner father really failed.
    The elves are just arrogant. I mean look at the nightborne, the night elves were super arrogant efore the sundering, and that knocked some humility into them.. clearly not enough though when you consider the likes of MAiev and others, and the high elves' humility was short lived to once they started establishing t heir realm.

Now the human origin is known, and we have had quite a number of very outstanding humans that have had no trouble going toe to toe with any elf, it is clear that some elves (Looking at Shandris, Thalyssra, Alleria, Malfurion, Vereesa, Sylvanas and most of the SC think differently.

Some elves are okay

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Some elves are okay
    I prefer elves being generally arrogant pieces of !@#$, to the point of being xenophobic at times (looking at you, WC3 Tyrande), instead of meek bootlickers such as Valeera, or especially Shandris.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because Sylvanas/Nathanos Vereesa/Rohnin and Alleria/Turalyon are pretty disgusting.

And half elves look like this:

It’s also uncomfortable to watch a race that has lost so many numbers willingly throwing away their future and identity.

Fuck whoever you want to fuck, but breeding and marrying with non-elves while your race is in this state? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I prefer elves being generally arrogant pieces of !@#$, to the point of being xenophobic at times (looking at you, WC3 Tyrande), instead of meek bootlickers such as Valeera, or especially Shandris.
    Oh, so someone that wants to have allies/friends/battlemates and so on is a meek bootlickers now?

While I do like xenophobic race or ppl in video games to add a little flavor, it is nice as well to have ppl at the other side of the spectrum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because Sylvanas/Nathanos Vereesa/Rohnin and Alleria/Turalyon are pretty disgusting.

It’s also uncomfortable to watch a race that has lost so many numbers willingly throwing away their future and identity.

Fuck whoever you want to fuck, but breeding and marrying with non-elves while your race is in this state? Nah.
    Can you give the context of the picture?

And since we do not know how many BE/HE are still alive to reproduce. Maybe the NE should stay amongst them because it seems there are not a lot of them left.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Oh, so someone that wants to have allies/friends/battlemates and so on is a meek bootlickers now?
    Yes, because it worked SO well for them in Cata and especially in BfA during the WoT, where they were left pretty much fighting alone. Lorewise, NEs retook Darkshore basically on their own, with only a token reinforcement of Worgens and a couple of elite soldiers, aka the PC. If anything, the xenophobic sentiment should have spread, not the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Nightborne insult the high elves for it, Lorthemar calls Kalec an animal when he thinks he's just a half elf not a Dragon, he and Kael both hated Nathanos too, Vereesa's cousin called her an animal fucker for being with Rhonin etc.
    Is there possibles sources to these?
    Would be nice to get some context to them.

Because for the moment, I could see eith Lor'themar and Kalecgos being a little different to that context (granted I don't have access to the comic right now) just where Lor'themar's concerned about trusting the word of a half-breed could relate to the Scourge coming at them, the previous racism from Garithos (as Kalec looks to impersonates a Human/Elf hybrid) and currently dealing with Dar'Khan Drathir's betrayal.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2020-01-27 at 09:26 PM.

According to some research I did, elves like humans because of their high sex drive.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Is there possibles sources to these?
    Would be nice to get some context to them.

Because for the moment, I could see eith Lor'themar and Kalecgos being a little different to that context (granted I don't have access to the comic right now) just where Lor'themar's concerned about trusting the word of a half-breed could relate to the Scourge coming at them, the previous racism from Garithos (as Kalec looks to impersonates a Human/Elf hybrid) and currently dealing with Dar'Khan Drathir's betrayal.
    Lorthemar / Kalec in the sunwell comics

in Dark mirror it goes into more how every elf including lorthemar and kael practically spat on Nathanos.

Elisande calls the high elves a bunch of race mixers during her speech during the surumar quests, and Vereesa's cousin calling her out for her "bestiality" was in one of the books she was a main character in. something with dragons in it.

Elves have on a massive scale never liked humans, and other than the unnamed parents who abandoned Alodi the Windrunners seem to be the only elves keen on reproducing with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Lorthemar / Kalec in the sunwell comics

in Dark mirror it goes into more how every elf including lorthemar and kael practically spat on Nathanos.

Elisande calls the high elves a bunch of race mixers during her speech during the surumar quests, and Vereesa's cousin calling her out for her "bestiality" was in one of the books she was a main character in. something with dragons in it.

Elves have on a massive scale never liked humans, and other than the unnamed parents who abandoned Alodi the Windrunners seem to be the only elves keen on reproducing with them.
    I checked out Zendarin and he's racist and prejudice against Humans, calling them animals so that one I'm not too keen on being about Halfbreeds.

I looked at the Sunwell comic in wowwiki and looks iffy since they were enemies and all the relevant context but I guess that's open to interpretation. Not got access to the comic at the moment.

Don't recall the Elisandre stuff but the quest it appears. I can see what she said:
    "Elisande says: Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves."

Yeah there's a hint of hate for halfbreeds, but I dunno, for me, I'd rather it be targets at halfbreeds themselves because at that point she's slagging them all off for not be the bestest Elves. And Nightborne are all about perfection so can't completely deny it. Just since she's one individual talking about it then you have Nightfallen who didn't seem bothered by Veressa helping them - though not sure they knew or cared about what she parented, it is again, annoyingly vague as a mass thing.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2020-01-27 at 09:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's from the Three Sisters Comic. The one where Sylvanas herself looks like this:

Aka looking like a man dressed up as a woman (nothing wrong with that). Obviously its from an official source but I doubt people would say this is Sylvanas's official look. It's quite clear the comic illustrator has a style that wasn't well received by the majority of WoW fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, because it worked SO well for them in Cata and especially in BfA during the WoT, where they were left pretty much fighting alone. Lorewise, NEs retook Darkshore basically on their own, with only a token reinforcement of Worgens and a couple of elite soldiers, aka the PC. If anything, the xenophobic sentiment should have spread, not the opposite.
    The attack to retake Darkshore was a tactical mistake and Anduin was right to deny her support. And lots of NE refugees are in SW, they would not bite the hand that is feeding them. That sentiment would spread obviously but not that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

That's just one depiction of what Half-elves look like, a bad one at that (matching the rest of the art in that particular comic). You also have:

As well as:

Obviously the depiction depends on the artist and their relative skill.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Don't recall the Elisandre stuff but the quest it appears. I can see what she said:
    "Elisande says: Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves."

Yeah there's a hint of hate for halfbreeds, but I dunno, for me, I'd rather it be targets at halfbreeds themselves because at that point she's slagging them all off for not be the bestest Elves. And Nightborne are all about perfection so can't completely deny it. Just since she's one individual talking about it then you have Nightfallen who didn't seem bothered by Veressa helping them - though not sure they knew or cared about what she parented, it is again, annoyingly vague as a mass thing.
    Elisande is playing psyche games, she's cut up roughly on the state of the sundering elves and is basically using the points they are most sensitive about to goad them. She wants to win this war afterall.

What she says is only the truth in the nastiest and meanest sense, there is far more to it than that, and it's not anywhere near as bad as she makes it.

No one should take any of her words as the complete truth of the state of affairs.. it's a case of someone points out something that sin't really a flaw but you're senstivie about it because in your world view your culture or a part of it considers it that way.

It sounds true, but it's not. Sadly not many people are wise enough to see through lies and deception like these, and these are the half truths that have been so effective against human beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

Aka looking like a man dressed up as a woman (nothing wrong with that). Obviously its from an official source but I doubt people would say this is Sylvanas's official look. It's quite clear the comic illustrator has a style that wasn't well received by the majority of WoW fans.
    Indeed, her official look is the one we see in the cinematics.. same for all of them really.

From the cinematics, we know what a few characters look like. But still a lot are unknown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

While I do like xenophobic race or ppl in video games to add a little flavor, it is nice as well to have ppl at the other side of the spectrum.

- - - Updated - - -

And since we do not know how many BE/HE are still alive to reproduce. Maybe the NE should stay amongst them because it seems there are not a lot of them left.
    It was in the three sisters comic. Vereesa was talking to her genetically tainted brat.

It was in the three sisters comic. Vereesa was talking to her genetically tainted brat.
    Well, you see it that way. I do not. In some other fantasy universe, halfbreed are seen as superior to pure race because they have the best of both races. Was it stated otherwise by Blizzard at any point?

Well, you see it that way. I do not. In some other fantasy universe, halfbreed are seen as superior to pure race because they have the best of both races. Was it stated otherwise by Blizzard at any point?
    In the warcraft genre half breeds are rare and usually not treated kindly. Whether, they are half orc, elf , dranei, ogre etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    And what about Gnome x Goblin that we had this entire expansion?

Now depending on your answer.... you should understand the reason.

People love hating. Elf x Human its a trope well know in the whimsical and oniric tales. And its always the elf damsel with the human male golden knight. And when it happens the other way arround its the Elf Warlock capturing the damsel in distress.

Its just, a trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    In the warcraft genre half breeds are rare and usually not treated kindly. Whether, they are half orc, elf , dranei, ogre etc.
    The only source left that has that sentiment is the Alliance's Handbook for the RPG. Which RPG si non-canon now.
    There's no recent or canon source that continues this thread outright, there's various examples that dance around the issue of issue so Zendarin hated Humans and called Varessa an animal fucker - so directed at Rhonin whose a human, not the actual child of the coupling.
    This kind of thing appears in something like Elisandre, about dulling the bloodline but it doesn't specifically mention the halfbreeds being what causes the dulling of the bloodline for High Elves which is something I've been discussing with others.
    Even Kalecgos still uses a Half-Elven human form and it was again called into question when Lor'themar was pressing for information on Sylvanas in older lore sources. Since then, no one has complained about Kalecgos taking on the form of it, in fact a Dragon taking this form would signal the opposite and that they are acceptable since Dragons took human forms to disguise themselves or was.
    Why take on a form people hate to remain invisible? You take forms with less prejudice to blend in.

I admit Blizz have been vague about, poking at it but in new books, Chronicles, comics, etc they've not outwardly stated that halfbreeds are rare and despised. If they did, this thread would have ended much quicker.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2020-01-30 at 06:43 PM.

I admit Blizz have been vague about, poking at it but in new books, Chronicles, comics, etc they've not outwardly stated that halfbreeds are rare and despised. If they did, this thread would have ended much quicker.
    Oh blizz did state that half breeds are rare in their universe, half orcs are treated like dirt, half elves are so rare people aren't even sure if their birth does not cause complications, Rhonin was rather worried about this fact and reflected about how elves and humans usually didn't get along.

Clearly to replenish the elven numbers the elvish states need to have a 3 child policy, every elven family has to have 3 kids. Allocating tax money toward it to reward families that manage that number. But what is anduins tax policy? Who collects the tax money?