Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The vulpera was literally saved by the horde and THEN burned down by the alliance.

The Nightborne at least had motivation to join someone to be part of the world and after Tyrande told them to fuck off the joined the horde. Alsó they have more in common with belves than nelves.

The horde and alliance were not at war the time the Nightborne joined btw.
    Timeline.
    Not the point. None of that actually gives anyone a reason to join the Horde or the Alliance. You're only limiting yourselves by allying yourself with one faction and making an enemy of the other.

And even at the end of Legion, Alliance and Horde tension was there and everyone knew there wasn't going to be unity. Nightborne had no logical reason to choose either faction and kind of just put themselves in a questionable predicament by doing so. Vulpera, likewise, didn't. They could've just rode it out and done their thing, waiting for both factions to leave for the next thing.

Acknowledge that the reasons for many allied races joining any faction at all are shoddy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ankoan. Ah yes. WoW's first ever gender-locked race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

"Why would the Mogu join the Horde?"

To that I answer- why would the Taurens be Paladins?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

It will be mogu and tol'vir.

They did say the tech for mechagnome limbs opened up new possibilities. That could be the centaur-like tol'vir (catman centaurs really). And after people clamoring for saberon, Blizz would almost certainly do another "corrupt a wish" and add cat centaurs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Faction balance basically, Vulpera are popular. The Alliance has gotten the short end of the stick with allied races. Alliance got:

Fat Humans, Ash Dwarves, Robo Gnomes, Corrupted Blood elves, and Shiny Draenei.

Horde got:

Brown Orcs, Antler Tauren, Superior Trolls, Civilized Night elves, and Fox people.

In other words, the Horde got an entirely new race, while Alliance only got minor edits of existing races, and both factions got a cross-faction race, but the Horde one was an improved and well-established version of an existing race, while the Alliance Void elves were an utter ass pull with little lore or culture.

How would I have done it?
    Give High elves to the Alliance instead of Void elves, give Gilgoblins to the Horde, and give Vulpera to both.

And before you talk about the Alliance burning down caravans, that stuff was made up out of nowhere to try and make the Alliance look bad, they could easily have had a questline where the Alliance helped the Vulpera instead.
    And Alliance did get a new model for one of their own races, seems like the exceptions seem to equal out.

But Gilgoblins? Why not make them both too? Lord knows Horde isn't wanting them, and they'll likely not appear to be any threat to. Why should Horde be proposed two more Goblin-esque rigs?

If anything make Nazgrim recruit the Ga'narg after being abandoned by the rest of the Legion since TBC. That'd make more sense than this.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Let me phrase it better.

If you were a Rajani mogu why the fk would you want to join the horde?

They have zero interest in picking sides. They bailed on their own people even.
    Rajani definitely isn't a question. Mogu however, there has been a few instances in Zandalar that they seek to reunite with their pact-brethren of the Zandalari one way or another. There isn't a reason one can, technically, build a quest line out of that and the shattering of the clans that's continuing now in the Vale. Well, until they write something to suggest they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    bruh dont we have enough races already.. its getting fuckin cluttered with all these different races around ;/ this is exactly why some of these fuckin races shouldve been acc-wide unlockable options

hey orc man, after completing all these trials you've earned the right to undertake this ritual to get rid of the demons corruption that taints your skin! voila you can be brown or black or gray now

hey draenei you.. want to be lightforged? complete this questline to be eligible for the lightforged ritual boom done

ye it wouldnt work on some but it beats this cluttered mess.

I want the allied race system to die off, so these threads will also die.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Not much to enjoy in life, I guess? Good news? The system wont die off, at least on paper. People enjoying speculation or a system in general? What a sin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    While i can't say that allied races will not return in the future, it's clear that THERE WILL BE NO ALLIED RACE IN THIS EXPANSION. No, it will not happen, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    But ... but ... Tyrande was so mean to helpless Thalryssra! She hurt her poor feewings!
    Dude, seriously. You’ve got two groups of people that can claim to be directly related to you.

One group threw out the people like you a long time ago and say “I don’t trust you.”

The other group is the one that got thrown out and they say, “fuck yeah, fam, we’ll hook you up.”

Which one are you gonna go with?

Mogu druids.
    I don't care if it's impossible, it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not the point. None of that actually gives anyone a reason to join the Horde or the Alliance. You're only limiting yourselves by allying yourself with one faction and making an enemy of the other.

And even at the end of Legion, Alliance and Horde tension was there and everyone knew there wasn't going to be unity. Nightborne had no logical reason to choose either faction and kind of just put themselves in a questionable predicament by doing so. Vulpera, likewise, didn't. They could've just rode it out and done their thing, waiting for both factions to leave for the next thing.

Acknowledge that the reasons for many allied races joining any faction at all are shoddy.
    God imagine being a Nightborne. 10,000 years in isolation finally free. Join up with some people who helped you and have another race with a similar outlook. Next month drafted into a world war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have happened in 8.3.5 but...

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So you are asking if we are going to get two more Allied Races? I think if that was going to happen there would be some signs.
    There's a lot of signs for more allied races, in-game at least.

I think the most likely situation(if there will be anymore this expansion) would be to have the Rajani as a dual faction allied race where they pick their respective faction at their intro similar to Pandaren.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-02-01 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ankoan. Ah yes. WoW's first ever gender-locked race.
    I always thought a way they could do arakkoa is to not do gender but pick between cursed and flying. Have some unique racials. Im game for sexually monomorphic races

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Dude, seriously. You’ve got two groups of people that can claim to be directly related to you.

One group threw out the people like you a long time ago and say “I don’t trust you.”

The other group is the one that got thrown out and they say, “fuck yeah, fam, we’ll hook you up.”

Which one are you gonna go with?
    If i was honest about making up for my past sins - which Thalyssra claimed she was - i would join those that i deserted to fight a war that my kind brought upon them.

If i was a lying POS, however, i would probably join those who tried to attack the people that i betrayed first and were sent into exile by them instead of having been killed off - which would have been what the Highborne would have done to the Kaldorei if they had had the power to do so.

----

OT: Ankoan are just a HD version of Jinyu, which are probably the most boring race in the history of WoW. A cheap Male Nelf reskin with the charisma of a fish. Sounds awesome. I suppose THOUSANDS of Horde players would gladly join the Alliance to play something like that.

Since Mogu are based on the Draenei mesh, it would be logical to pair them with Youngol, if they would ever be added. Youngol for the Alliance would actually be cool and since they lost their Demigod-Leader on timeless isle, i suppose many of them are looking for a new home anyway.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-02-01 at 12:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i prefer:

Gilgoblins (H)
    Mogu (A)

would be a good trade for vulpera and mechagnome

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i prefer:

Gilgoblins (H)
    Mogu (A)

would be a good trade for vulpera and mechagnome
    Mogu mindset fits the Horde more.

And gilgoblins would indeed just be another mechagnome debacle. At least ankoan are only night elves in skeleton (which can be mended with a few unique anims), gilgoblins are literally sea goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the core classes, except for Forsaken and Goblin, have recruited. I wonder what will they be recruiting.

I have no idea on Alliance side...I believe Night Elves and Gnomes are left on that side.

But as much as I want to make my very own Lei Shen Mogu copy, I highly think it’s unlikely that the Rajani would join. They are too busy keeping Ra’Den’s seat warm and bitch slapping the other Mogu back in line.

Horde wise, I can possibly see Orge and Hozen finally joining and a very slim (again unlikely) chance that we could recruit the Sethrak. Gilbins give off the vibe that they don’t do to well out of water for long periods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    All the core classes, except for Forsaken and Goblin, have recruited. I wonder what will they be recruiting.

I have no idea on Alliance side...I believe Night Elves and Gnomes are left on that side.

But as much as I want to make my very own Lei Shen Mogu copy, I highly think it’s unlikely that the Rajani would join. They are too busy keeping Ra’Den’s seat warm and bitch slapping the other Mogu back in line.

Horde wise, I can possibly see Orge and Hozen finally joining and a very slim (again unlikely) chance that we could recruit the Sethrak. Gilbins give off the vibe that they don’t do to well out of water for long periods.
    What do you think MechaGnomes are?

Worgen is the other