Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If a FFXIV crossover happened what would be the lore implications?

So this is a old story:

https://www.mmorpg.com/final-fantasy...ers-1000013673

But Yoshida P would love to do a crossover with WoW or Diablo.

Considering the Void and the Light have similar attributes in FFXIV, the lore in essence is compatible.

So this is a pure theory crafting topic, if such a crossover happened (as it most likely won't) what would be possible lore implications?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Can't get any worse than its now, so sure why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no fucking sense.

3+ Year Old Account
    You'd get a Chocobo mount for WoW?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I want a Witcher crossover in Drustvar.

The quality of WoW lore would go way up, the quality of FFXIV lore would plummet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The quality of WoW lore would go way up, the quality of FFXIV lore would plummet.
    ^^^^^

One thing we can agree on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    wait FF has lore? Looks for me more like 90% fan service for weebs :/

I'll take, shit that'd make WoW lore impossible to take serious ever again for 600, Alex! Believe it or not, but FFXIV and its style is not everyone's cup of tea. No matter how much its fanflags toot it.

The only crossover I'd be OK with would be some FFXIV-style pet or mount.

Well, considering if we did get a cross-over, even if FF14 took it somewhat seriously enough for a raid, dungeon, or a FATE series it probably wouldn't be considered canon or just a one-off thing. The same would be said if WoW or Diablo had FF14 cross-overs into it as well. Personally I'd love to see it, just because it's nice having different art styles converted into one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    wait FF has lore? Looks for me more like 90% fan service for weebs :/
    Tbh, it's both. It does both well, too, but it won't please everybody. Nothing can.

OT: It would tarnish the shite out of FFXIV, and it should not ever happen with the craptastic state WoW is in currently.

Absolutely not, FF14 should be kept away from this radioactive dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Well, considering if we did get a cross-over, even if FF14 took it somewhat seriously enough for a raid, dungeon, or a FATE series it probably wouldn't be considered canon or just a one-off thing. The same would be said if WoW or Diablo had FF14 cross-overs into it as well. Personally I'd love to see it, just because it's nice having different art styles converted into one another.
    We've had non-canon raids before. Both classic and WoTLK Onyxia were non-canon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neklord View Post
    I want a Witcher crossover in Drustvar.
    only if we can have tess and ciri have a non pg like moment of course.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I think WoW is far too anime for FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think WoW is far too anime for FFXIV.
    Uh, both WoW and FFXIV are pretty cartoonish, but WoW's writing does tend to devolve into cartoon stupidity. When FFXIV is at its most "anime", it's usually for an occasional gag.

15+ Year Old Account
    When FFXIV does the crossover storylines, they are treated more as a "visitors from another reality or distant world" type of thing. They do tend to make some awesome encounters based off of them, though. I would love to see SE's take on a WoW or Diablo boss with the abilities of the FFXIV engine. For its limitations, the encounters in FF are epic compared to WoW when dealing with the environment changes that can happen.

As far as lore implications, I doubt either game would treat them as anything lasting. More of just an anomaly that when the event was over would be corrected "in story" even of the encounter was a permanent one like the Nier raids or similar crossovers in FF.

Now I'm just thinking of how good the WoW story could be if the FF writers had their hands on it... Sadly, I don't think this is one crossover that will ever happen just because of Blizzard's protectiveness of their properties.

5+ Year Old Account
    Omg I'd love to see Anduin done in FF14's style and have my WoL have a cutscene with him that would be so sick.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore implications would be fairly light on both ends. We already know the Rift as it's presented in FFXIV's multiverse crosses over into other uni/multiverses, which is why so many 'classic' bosses showed up in raids related to the Rift itself. This would simply be one of a few universes the Rift has touched into that aren't directly Final Fantasy universes.

On WoW's end, things get a bit shaky in areas of high void and high fel concentration, or at the site of high-end magic fuckery like Karazhan and Outland (where time and space don't function properly, as observed by Khadgar in the novelization of Beyond the Dark Portal, thanks to the explosion of magic energy created by Ner'zhul's schemes and his attempt to open portals all over Draenor at the last minute). A peephole into Eorzea would be far from the strangest place we've wound up due to magic fuckery destabilizing things--it could even bring the bronze dragons' attention, with the Crystal Exarch/G'raha Tia and Cid looking into the situation on Eorzea's (well, Norvrandt's, in the Exarch's case) end.

It'd ultimately just be another situation the bronze dragons have to keep an eye on and ship adventurers out for damage control while they close up the problematic timeways.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Uh, both WoW and FFXIV are pretty cartoonish, but WoW's writing does tend to devolve into cartoon stupidity. When FFXIV is at its most "anime", it's usually for an occasional gag.
    I mean, the end of this entire expansion was firing an anime laser beam at an old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Omg I'd love to see Anduin done in FF14's style and have my WoL have a cutscene with him that would be so sick.
    FFXIV already has it's Anduin, Alphanaud, and he's just as insufferable and annoying as Anduin.