Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    King Mechagon is clearly a Trump insert. "Once he was a visionary, now driven mad".

He has orange skin / well paint job, and blonde yellow hair / cap

Prince Erazmin leads the "resistance" which is a callback to catch-phrase of the democrats to "resist" Trump.

Infracted.
    Why did this receive an infraction? Genius post right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ah so there are no more giant Cthulu monsters with their tentacles wrapped around Azeroth? Nice!
    Well, if the comic is anything to go by (I know, I know, I know), C'thun's corpse is still hanging out whispering to people. Yoggy's is, too, likely. Blizz seems to play hopscotch with whether death is death or if it's some weird fuckery-continuum for the old gods where death doesn't work for them like it does for everyone else depending on what's more convenient for the plot at the moment.

Also, I mean, at this point we're still leaving a huge fuckoff sword buried nearly guard-deep in the planet without it being a further problem ('cause we killed a contextually-unrelated but also serious problem, yay!) apparently. So I guess we're just not too worried about body damage on the old girl these days.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Ehh, I don't think it was ever confirmed that we killed C'thun or Yogg Saron.

I think we just bested them.
    Cho'gall got his mutations trying to resurrect C'thun. You can't resurrect what isn't dead.
    Yogg-Saron final words were about his corpse choking Northrend. Can't be a corpse if not dead.

Blizzcon starting with cataclysm had story devs repeatedly say how the two are dead.
    Blueposts state they are dead.

What doesn't say they are dead? Some ramblings of madmen in-game who don't have all the knowledge just like we in our universe don't have all the knowledge that if we were a computer program the programmers would have.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    If they need to state crucial information like that in dev posts, that's terrible writing IMO.
    They have to state it in a blue post because too many retards keep denying the truth. Its not terrible writing its old god fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff View Post
    You got the meat and potatoes of it there son.

Our next xpac is already about the afterlife, and I don't think it's stretching too much for us to have some wild shenanigans with the Old Gods we've beaten, whether they are considered dead or just dormant. Most of them have some ability to affect the world from their prisons, from their dreams, from alternate universes, etc.

I can only hope that we get to see Yshaarj all put back together, and possibly discover that he's part of the Maw.
    Or yshaarj is the maw itself. Wouldnt that just be a neat point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There is no definitive state of the Old Gods when discussed on this forum. Some say dead other say dealt with but alive in some form. Honestly the way Blizzard is going with it, I assume they are "alive" but they aren't going to be a threat for now. Blizzard loves to tease.
    they have said multiple times they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    And 2. Blizz confirmed that they're dead, though they MIGHT return in some way VIA their afterlife.
    Blizzard said they were dead long before Chronicle retconned that statement. Blizzard said Chronicle is the most recent and most accurate source of lore for the Warcraft universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killing the old gods and their minions is easy, getting them to stay dead is the hard part. The titans didn't kill the rest because they couldn't get to the main bodies of the old gods without doing massive harm to the planet. When an enemy can be pulled from the ground and torn to pieces, yet their heart keeps beating for thousands of years you should give up on judging their danger level based on being alive or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    Link the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It was an interview with Steve Danuser. He said basically that N’zoth and the Old Gods were always meant to be used in small doses and centering an entire expansion around them would cheapen the whole eldritch horror theme from over exposure

He then goes on to elaborate that the Old God story is basically over and they are moving towards the Void and the other cosmic forces taking the forefront of the story with the Shadowlands and beyond

Source
    ^ This guy, I wouldn't have bothered linking anything if someone couldn't be arsed to scroll down a fraction xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In what way is wow’s lore dictated by real life politics or drama?
    Nzoth's treatment in bfa was becuase of SJW pressure on blizzard about lovecraftian privilege

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Blizzard said Chronicle is the most recent and most accurate source of lore for the Warcraft universe.
    *From the Titan's PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    In the old lore, it used to be that old gods shouldn't be killed because they were so intertwined with the planet, that killing them would cause massive devastation to the planet.

Lo and behold, we have killed (or at the very least, killed his body) the ostensibly strongest old god, with no apparent old changing consequences. How about we go back and finish off his two weaker cousins? We're also far stronger. Should be a piece of cake, right?
    there is an argument that both cthun and yogg saron are dead which i don't agree with. one point that was brought to my attention explains why we killed nzoth but can't kill the other two. when nzoth was freed, he left azeroth completely and his entire body now rests in the alternate dimensional city of nyalotha. so killing nzoth would have absolutely no effect on azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    *From the Titan's PoV.
    Which is a quick bit from a QA at Blizzcon, hardly confirmed by the higher ups. Similarly to how Demons transcend reality popping up out of the blue, but then, "lol jk not really".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Similarly to how Demons transcend reality popping up out of the blue, but then, "lol jk not really".
    But demons do transcend reality, there is only one Legion across all realities as there is only one Nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are dead and they werent weaker.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Both are dead and they werent weaker.
    Alas, dead does not mean the same thing to Old gods that it means to us mere mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Alas, dead does not mean the same thing to Old gods that it means to us mere mortals.
    It does, it is just death isn't the end for anything including mortals. Gul'dan was still whispering to Illidan through the skull much like Old God corpses did. That doesn't include spirits that are around, echoes that have some kind of independent thought as well.

As Blizzard continues to do, they retcon or minimize prior truths and twist them to fit the current narrative. Old God lore didn't even exist back in Warcraft III. For us to be able to fully kill Old Gods and close that chapter to move on, the statement that doing so damages the planet has to be minimized or altered.

"It was metaphorically speaking... you'll see the damage killing Old Gods does down the line (when we choose to address it if we ever do.)"
    "It was a symbolic statement, meaning something worse comes along now. (Void Lords)
    "The Titans believed it so because of what happened to Y'shaarj, but we did it the right way thanks to The Titans' prisons weakening them for thousands of years, and also thanks to their research. The Old God threat is finally over now."

Pick one, any can apply to Blizzard and they retcon things so carelessly that it doesn't contradict anything to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Blizzard continues to do, they retcon or minimize prior truths and twist them to fit the current narrative. Old God lore didn't even exist back in Warcraft III. For us to be able to fully kill Old Gods and close that chapter to move on, the statement that doing so damages the planet has to be minimized or altered.
    There was a forgotten one in the TFT expansion which is pretty connected to Old Gods so it was getting there. Same theme

"It was metaphorically speaking... you'll see the damage killing Old Gods does down the line (when we choose to address it if we ever do.)"
    "It was a symbolic statement, meaning something worse comes along now. (Void Lords)
    "The Titans believed it so because of what happened to Y'shaarj, but we did it the right way thanks to The Titans' prisons weakening them for thousands of years, and also thanks to their research. The Old God threat is finally over now."
    Because old lore was if we actually killed the old gods it would destroy Azeroth in this vague way that made no sense. The titans literally ripping the massive monsters out clarifies and it makes absolute sense and it was a good change then leaving it vague on how the Old God threat can be solved.

Yeah Titans are a chainsaw, we are surgeon tools in living medicine so to speak.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Blizzard said they were dead long before Chronicle retconned that statement. Blizzard said Chronicle is the most recent and most accurate source of lore for the Warcraft universe.
    The Chronicle never retconned it, nor is it 100% liable. I mean, look at Sargeras and the Pantheon. Sargeras had the souls the entire time, apparently.