Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The classic games team is tiny, I was surprised they were even being so ambitious. Less surprised when they started cutting the planned changes.
    You know what they should've cut?
    Crossplay.

Most people wouldn't even give a hoot about this if they could just start their regular Warcraft 3 and play online like months before the Reforged release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You know what they should've cut?
    Crossplay.

Most people wouldn't even give a hoot about this if they could just start their regular Warcraft 3 and play online like months before the Reforged release.
    There certainly was some poor decisions made by the project lead. The didn't fiddle so much with original SC when they remastered iirc.

Review scores are meaningless.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I mean let's not pretend that while the series overall was good the ending was anything but steaming pile of dog shit especially given the context of the series having previous choices matter.

If you think otherwise I could shit in a bowl and dump a pound of salt on it and you'd probably believe me when I told you it was chocolate frosted flakes. I'll even let you pick the color green red or blue .
    Putting your coprophilia to one side for the moment, the ending to ME3 did reference back to various choices made previously (what you chose for the human reaper in ME2 was a factor, as was whether Geth/Quarians/both survived the Rannoch level) and your overall performance was a factor. The biggest problem was how opaque the mechanics were and there barely being any difference unless you really paid attention. Other than that I quite liked the obvious reference to the end of the Foundation saga and some parts of the updated endings were pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Review scores are meaningless.
    Review scores are an imperfect way to attempt to measure the quality of a game. Aggregate scores even moreso.

So is the quality of a game also meaningless?

If not, then is attempting to gauge that quality an exercise that is doomed to failure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a bunch of neckbeards spamming accounts and not actually the real score. Wouldnt be suprised if they reset the ratings soon considering theres clearly an abuse of the system goin on.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Looks like a bunch of neckbeards spamming accounts and not actually the real score. Wouldnt be suprised if they reset the ratings soon considering theres clearly an abuse of the system goin on.
    How much are you people getting paid for these posts? It is a release that not only did not deliver most of what it promised, and was broken on the release, it also negatively affected the original game in a huge way. The world would be a better place if it did not exist, because then people would still be able to play W3 TFT properly. What rating other than 0 does that kind of a game deserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Review scores are an imperfect way to attempt to measure the quality of a game. Aggregate scores even moreso.

If not, then is attempting to gauge that quality an exercise that is doomed to failure?
    Quality of the game isn't meaningless but it's also subjective to each individual.
    Trying to use an objective view to determine an individuals view is nothing more than a wild guess, hence meaningless.

Add to this skewed data and it becomes even more so.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Aslong as someone can review the game without actually owning it then it's a pointless metric

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    How much are you people getting paid for these posts? It is a release that not only did not deliver most of what it promised, and was broken on the release, it also negatively affected the original game in a huge way. The world would be a better place if it did not exist, because then people would still be able to play W3 TFT properly. What rating other than 0 does that kind of a game deserve?
    Theres tons of games that come instantly to my mind that deserve a worse rating but are suprisingly higher, combined with the downright hates we can see all over the forum and tons of russian and illegible "critics" on that website it is save to asume there is an abuse.

But sure everyone who doesnt jump on the bandwagon instantly is a shill or is getting paid by blizz to write comments, fuckin hell.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Theres tons of games that come instantly to my mind that deserve a worse rating but are suprisingly higher, combined with the downright hates we can see all over the forum and tons of russian and illegible "critics" on that website it is save to asume there is an abuse.
    Metacritic user reviews are a special breed. As far as I know the launch issues of rdr2 PC are mostly resolved and the game still boasts a 4.something on the user review

But sure everyone who doesnt jump on the bandwagon instantly is a shill or is getting paid by blizz to write comments, fuckin hell.
    Anything that is good in this game came from the original. This game has no added value, only negative value due to what it did to TFT.

https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/03/w...from-blizzard/

From here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c...by_on_twitter/

So the menu system is basically a Chrome Client. Blizzard Quality (tm).

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c...oon_thank_you/

The art studio seems to be trying to reinforce that they're not responsible for changes to the game, only the art. They don't want to be responsible for this garbage.

Blizzard deserves every shitpost and bad user review. They deserve every critical article from media and bad user score. This is quintessential "modern Blizzard".

We can only hope they'll learn from this, but recent history indicates that Blizzard has long-since lost the ability to learn anything.

Super glad I waited on this, will probably wait forever now. What they did to the old WC3 client is ludicrously scummy and fuck Blizzard. This is making it easier to lose any desire I had to ever give them money again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Oh I dunno... tell the truth... and if you haven't bought it then dont review it.... Seems reasonable.
    If you've bought it and thought it was the worst piece of dogshit ever presented for consumption, then by God say that. Give it that 0. But if you haven't bought it and/or haven't played it then giving it any grade at all to 'send a message' is dishonest as fuck.
    And if you haven't bought it but it still affected you because it destroyed your regular Warcraft 3 copy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Only if you're a shitty company with a shitty product you're not interested in selling. Otherwise you'll investigate why the outrage is happening, even if you're convinced it's a bandwagon.

Outrage (from stupid people who are just crying as you seem to want to imply) doesn't result in lowest rating of all time, unless the playerbase more or less unanimously agrees.
    All it means is Blizz is big enough to have attracted a critical mass of idiots who can manipulate aggregators this way. Most people couldn't give a toss about metacritic scores and tHE lohWUst eVa!!11!! is only significant to the people who made it happen, most others can see that it's a lot of pointless noise that only serves to obscure what the actual issues with the game are.

If it just had a low score below 5 people would ask why and get a list of grievances, but as it's so low people asking why find out it's because a bunch of angry idiots and flock followers had nothing better to do that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    but as it's so low people asking why find out it's because a bunch of angry idiots and flock followers had nothing better to do that day.
    Like playing Warcraft 3 on the original battle.net?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you take metacritic serious there is something wrong with you.
    Not that wc3:rf isn’t a game from 20 years back with updated graphics but the amount of people who review bomb games for shits and giggles is just awe inspiring.
    Hell look at astral chain the days after the release had it at like 1/10 rating due to people butt hurt about it being on the switch and not ps4/lame box.

If you remove existing WC3 features from the equation, as this is a remaster, what game is worse? RF has updated graphics on models and cutscenes, and a boatload of online functionality removed, as well as reduced performance (not to mention gouging the modding community and ruining original WC3).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    If you take metacritic serious there is something wrong with you.
    Not that wc3:rf isn’t a game from 20 years back with updated graphics but the amount of people who review bomb games for shits and giggles is just awe inspiring.
    Hell look at astral chain the days after the release had it at like 1/10 rating due to people butt hurt about it being on the switch and not ps4/lame box.
    I'm not saying "0.6/10 on metacritic = literally most offensive piece of software known to man", but being the lowest rated game is unquestionably worth analyzing.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-02-03 at 05:56 PM.

There are only two things I wanted for reforged, updated models and the Illidan vs Arthas fight redone in cinematic quality. We did get new models but the game is just so buggy. It feels like I'm back in 1996 trying to run a game my computer can't handle.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If you remove existing WC3 features from the equation, as this is a remaster, what game is worse? RF has updated graphics on models and cutscenes, and a boatload of online functionality removed, as well as reduced performance.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying "0.6/10 on metacritic = literally most offensive piece of software known to man", but being the lowest rated game is unquestionably worth analyzing.
    If anything it makes metacritic and the people who take that site seriously worth analyzing.