Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    In my dream version of WoW I'm logging in 2-3 times a week few minutes before raid, progress on some bosses and log off after raid time is over. If I have to play every day, that's my nightmare version of WoW.
    This. The best times I had in WoW were when I did not feel the need to play WoW but just could do raids or have fun with my guild whenever I liked. That's why I left in WoD, ignored most of Legion until the end and continue to ignore BfA. Don't force me to play. Don't limit me in my play. WoW is not some kind of mobile game, where you have to try to get your customers addicted so that they log in every day and maybe spend more money on your game.

That said, my ideal version of WoW would focus on guilds as a community tool. Servers are not a thing anymore, but i feel the need to have close people I interact regularly with. I would login to WoW to meet those people. I remember in Cata where I just flew hours in circles in SW, talking on TS with my guildies. Doing stupid shit with them. And raid with them.
    Now I feel that everyone just does their daily chores, has enough, because WoW feels like work and logs off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I would like an option for more a more character-focused leveling experience with cutscenes, complete voice acting, and dialogue options, similar to SWTOR. Maybe with each race or class having its own unique storylines that take you all over the continent/world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Optional reputations with varied methods of obtaining said rep, ideally not all bound to a daily schedule or mob grinding. No paragon reps, so there's no pressure to hit exalted asap.

No AP grind. Although it's more just doing your daily/weekly chores than a real grind.

Massively alt friendly, using the MoP revered rep token system. Most things are account wide bar gear.

Questline unlocks are various reputation milestones, typically every 1-2 days.

Some reps can be grinded via dungeons.

Vendors for gear. Currency obtainable via Raids, Mythic+ or PvP.

WQ's reward gear between LFR and Normal but no higher.

No corruption, no randomly proccing minor stats or sockets. Socketed gear can only be obtained from the vendor, not everything the vendor sells is socketed.

Significantly more primary stats than secondary on gear to keep ilvl relevant.

All the WoW writers are fired and replaced with industry professionals

Raids and dungeons are now self-contained stories and not the climax of the expansion.

Player story choices via questing, even if there're no consequences it allows for roleplaying. A simple example would be laughing at Bolvar over his defeat. Or expressing anger that he built up the scourge instead of having it cannibalise itself.

The ability to refuse certain quests (And forsake the reward), but still be able to move on with the storyline. An example is refusing to help Bastion erase people's personality and memories.

Greater rewards for RBG's to try and get people to actually play and pug them.

Factions matter less but still exist as a background thing. Most quests involving faction v faction will revolve around either killing Vulpera or sending Vulpera out to die against an overwhelming enemy.

Unlockable class skins and race/class options via those skins, such as discovering a void naaru fragment in a raid and then being able to make a Void Elf Paladin.

Faction changing shouldn't reset your quest progress, equivalent quests should be auto completed or made skippable.

In my dream version of WoW I'm logging in 2-3 times a week few minutes before raid, progress on some bosses and log off after raid time is over. If I have to play every day, that's my nightmare version of WoW.
    And this is how we get WoD.

I would add keyforging as an option, with special affixes that impact on the loot you have. For example, you have a +15 with your 3 weekly + seasonal affix. With keyforging, you can change an affix you don't like, or add double edge affixes (for example both you and every monsters of the dungeon gain +X attack and casting speed) or some greedy affixes like "there are mercenaries from X dungeon (let's say the water elementals from shrine for example) but this let you have more choices on your end of dungeon's loot. I would also add secret objectives for extra loots (working in M+ ofc)

Doesn't it already take like 2 months for the final wing of LFR to be released?

You get your own personal island you can design and build on. Hunters can place stabled pets on it. You can invite people or set to public/friends/guild and those people could visit at anytime. Housing items can be bought, gotten from achievements, and as tradeable drops from bosses.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let me see. In my dream wow I would.

- Find decoration for my player house
    - Go around the world and look for he hidden stuff they put in zones to encourage exploration
    - Do lots of crafting and gathering cause it would have a proper fun system for that
    - Do class quest because those would be a thing again
    - Just walk around and kill people because the combat would be interesitng and the classes varied.

My favorite endgame activity has always been casual PVP, so I'd basically model it after WoD to an extent.

Gear bought through vendors and not separated by rating. Ilvl scaling. PVE gear scaled down with no working trinkets or set bonuses and lacking all PVP stats.

Basically, quit making casual PVP players the only ones who are punished in their endgame preferences for not wanting to do something more coordinated. I quit in BfA due to dungeon speedrunners having such a huge advantage in MY content.

There is no content that would make me play it every day. I don't want to play anything every day. I would prefer to be able to log on for the content I enjoy (raiding) without having to do a bunch of extra garbage world content just to stay relevant. Seriously, I was willing to pay $15 a month to play the game twice a week with my friends, you don't need all this extra "player retention" nonsense.

As I have learned from my palette-cleansing FFXIV sabbatical and vacation from WoW, I would play the absolute heck out of 5-person dungeon content given a “story difficulty” where the player is accompanied by 4 NPCs programmed to execute mechanics well enough that the player simply pulling their weight pretty much assures success. Cut the loot drops down of course, but WoW’s dungeon content is just too damned good for us to be interdependent to just see and enjoy it now. Yes, even in an MMO. The appeal of the modern mmo is no longer “pay to pray you have friends,” it’s “pay to experience a world with other people in it.” The various “NPC dungeon party” systems in FFXIV are a godsend, and now I consider them a greater need for every mmo than housing!

I can want other players, but I shouldn’t need other players, not if I’m paying for time, not for entry-level, story-relevant dungeon content. My dream version of WoW would respect this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And this is how we get WoD.
    And it was awesome.

And it was awesome.
    Anyone who thinks wod was awesome really don't understand that mmos are not meant to be raid logging games.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a DREAM WoW where anything is possible regardless of development feasibility? Story questlines forever.

In my dream version of WoW it ended. Villains defeated, some semblance of normalcy till another rts game and the world and people get a time to heal as the credits roll with the players happy with some last hurrah that ends on a high note rather than some "not enough users time to shift the project to maintenance mode" finale.

But as long as its profitable we are just going to see another "no THIS is the world ending big bad, swear on me mum, 14th times the charm!" on repeat forever as the rts lore was exhausted and the writing and worldbuilding has entered its "zombie stage" of the longform narrative lifecycle like a tv show like stargate did when it exhausted its established issues and went "no but now heres the even bigger villains please keep watching!" and its never a recipe for anything but a decline.

Lots of variable solo content ... and lots of role independent multi player content.

SOLO : World Quests:
    1. but with less 'do 10 things' and more 'do this really hard thing'.
    2. but with meaning and story behind them, not random rubbish.

GROUP : Scenarios
    1. The horrific visions are great group content that don't need a healer or tank roll
    2. Bump up the ratios in dungeons to 4 dps, 1 tank and 1 healer to make dungeons more available to dps
    3. Spectator mode for mythic/heroic raids so I can look on on how the professions do it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RIFT type content. If Demon invasion from Legion were a permanent constantly cycling activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Anyone who thinks wod was awesome really don't understand that mmos are not meant to be raid logging games.
    I don't care what "mmos are meant to be". I care about game I want to play. WoW used to be more enjoyable for me and it went downwards since Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    RIFT type content. If Demon invasion from Legion were a permanent constantly cycling activity.
    Rift style zonal invasions should have been how legion invasions were done. With between the zonal events having large portals take the place of rifts. Smaller portals take place of zone points.

They could have had major demon leaders be the end bosses. Maybe KJ in icecrown trying to claim the helm leading a charge against icc.

Mannoroth in Uldum waiting to get at HoO etc

Raid:

- get rid of LFR
    - 2 difficulties Normal/Heroic maybe bring back Hardmodes
    - No RNG Gear mechanics (not even a "rental" system like Corr atm)
    - bring back 10 Man Raiding
    - bring back T-Sets

Dungeons:

-close down any form of rating possibility like Raider.IO etc
    -Legion approach to M+ Difficulty, not the BFA Crap

General

- Solo Content that is engaging and "fun"
    - better Class Balance
    - unprun the F out of Classes
    - give me back the Old Surv Hunter
    - generaly take the best received Class/specc iterations from all the Expansion and Build on that so Classes and Speccs get an identity again
    - better Stories

That would be a Start for me to enjoy the Game again, Community wise etc would be a another thing but that is something Blizzard only could influence in minor ways in my opinion.