10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So is America’s democracy officially a failure?
    No. We can recover from this. Ideally, we can start in 2020 when enough people express their outrage by voting out people who encourage dictatorship, while the people in the Party of Trump, having been demotivated by Trump's many objective failures, stay home. We'll have to see.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I would think if one side is
    Willing to ignore all the rules it would just lead to more and more corruption until the other side doesn’t really have a chance trying to win the fair way. While
    It’s possible that there will be a correction on trumps side given how many seem fine or happy with the flaunting of the rules that seems unlikely.
    The Republican party is dying a slow death while the Democrats' base is increasing. They're just buying time, not preventing the inevitable.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-schiff-110682

An Arizona man indicted in October for threatening to kill Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told police he was likely reacting to a Fox News segment when he left the alcohol-fueled voicemail, according to newly filed court documents.

Jan Peter Meister, a convicted sex offender with a long rap sheet, was indicted on Oct. 23, 2019 for leaving the voicemail with Schiff’s Washington, D.C. office. After a search of Meister’s residence, prosecutors also charged him with illegal possession of firearms, including a loaded .380 caliber handgun, a 9mm handgun and an American Tactical Rifle, along with 700 rounds of ammunition.
    He seems nice.

https://www.axios.com/rand-paul-ukra...m_content=1100

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said the alleged name of the Ukraine whistleblower on the Senate floor as senators debated President Trump's impeachment on Tuesday.
    Arrest Rand Paul.

The fact that no one hasn't done a damn thing yet is even worse then the offense. The resident is right that he can pretty much do what he wants, because his supporters (and in Congress) can do whatever they want as well.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't believe he's even been allowed to get away with the tweets he put out that included the name nearly a week ago. The man is a piece of shit and shouldn't even be on that Senate floor.

But who gives a fuck about laws and whistleblower protections, right?
    Well the Republicans have publicly been wiping their asses with the Constitution this entire Impeachment process, at least. So why start giving a fuck about laws and such now?

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/04/80223..._campaign=news

Welp, Trump has managed to sour the US/Ukraine relationship over this nonsense. And yes, it's on Trump, who began all this, and not Democrats for investigating wrongdoing.

Just like Putin wanted all along. It's amusing how many aspects of the Trump presidency can be tracked back to, "This makes Putin happy."

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, what would stop him at this point?

If you say anything other than "the integrity of the Republican party," then your answer is wrong. Then again, if you do answer with "the integrity of the Republican party," I'll probably die laughing, so...

(Note, I don't seriously think this is a likely Trump move, though we've seen some truly weird decisions over the last 3 years, so I'm not counting it out, either.)
    The only reason he wouldn't do it, is that Alaska is a red state, He won't give up those EC votes(even though its a small amount) and he won't give up the two senators.

Collins: Trump has learned 'a pretty big lesson' from impeachment

Collins is done...I wasn't sure after Kavanaugh...now, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Just like he "grew into" the office. Collins is reminding us that at the end of the day, she's just as behind Trump as the rest of them. She just pretends she's not.

And that lesson is that he can do whatever the fuck he wants, no matter how many rules he breaks or norms he violates, because he will never be held accountable for his crimes.

Shocker that pieces of shit seem to be attracted to the GOP.

They've given Trump the green light to cheat however he possibly can. I fully expect more fuckery to take place.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just like he "grew into" the office. Collins is reminding us that at the end of the day, she's just as behind Trump as the rest of them. She just pretends she's not.
    Collins is a full Republican. However her state is not (Angus King is the other senator, that should tell you something), so she has to pretend to be on the fence. She will always vote with the GOP on major votes, she just needs to make a show of it to keep her job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

She is probably thinking about her post-career as a lobbyist somewhere - making even more money and continuing the work of corruption. Now, even more behind the scenes.

Coward.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Well, Collins' challenger, Sara Gideon, is going to make it an issue

“Like a lot of Mainers, I believe we needed to hear from relevant witnesses and to consider all evidence as part of this process,” said Gideon. “I also believe that if President Trump was so confident in his innocence then both he and Republicans in the Senate would have gladly allowed that testimony to occur.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like he "grew into" the office.
    More like grew into the bathtub.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No. We can recover from this. Ideally, we can start in 2020 when enough people express their outrage by voting out people who encourage dictatorship, while the people in the Party of Trump, having been demotivated by Trump's many objective failures, stay home. We'll have to see.
    The problem is Republicans don't know that Trump failed. They still think everything he did was a victory and he "fulfilled his campaign promises". Independents either won't show up or will vote democrat though. I can't see that many independents actually voting for Trump at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the day that Susan Collins finally became a Senator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No wonder he got his ass kicked, he has proven time and time again he is an asshole of epic proportions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senator-r...181048630.html

On Tuesday, Senator Rand Paul read a question on the floor of the Senate that outed the alleged Ukraine whistleblower.
    The move flies in the face of Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, who previously blocked Paul's question.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No wonder he got his ass kicked, he has proven time and time again he is an asshole of epic proportions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senator-r...181048630.html

On Tuesday, Senator Rand Paul read a question on the floor of the Senate that outed the alleged Ukraine whistleblower.
    The move flies in the face of Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, who previously blocked Paul's question.
    I'd ask why he isn't in jail but lawbreaking is okay for Republicans so...:upshrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.