Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    wtf? it takes like 5-6 minutes to make hamburgers on your own...
    Yeah, and sometimes after a ten hour shift I can't be arsed.

So an extra three dollars saves me said effort and gets me what I want. People have been buying fast food for millennia for the same reason, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

What a weird idea, I'm expecting some sort of fallout.

wtf? it takes like 5-6 minutes to make hamburgers on your own... you can have to wait far longer than that if you're eating out...
    What an odd crusade, trying to convince people that convenience ain't worth paying for...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hurry n git ur free whopper before they end that campaign just cuz some jerk has no sense of humour!
    I mean, I don't find nonconsensual distribution of photos particular funny.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    What an odd crusade, trying to convince people that convenience ain't worth paying for...
    "But it's fast food..."

But yes, the people that saved three dollars to enjoy a nice meal of defrosted bread and three month old beef are really livin' it up. /s

- - - Updated - - -

if you go to any fastfood places here right after 4 pm, you can have up towards 15-20 minutes waiting time to get your food...
    Well RIP to you but we're different. There are apps for remote ordering to cut down significantly on waiting.

I honestly don't recall the last time I had to wait at McDonalds or Starbucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned
    some retard manager from a local store probably thought of this himself. I cannot fathom legal from BK HQ signed this off
    I expect it will not end well, but it seems to be real: https://www.marketingdive.com/news/b...-promo/571816/
    Burger King has teamed up with Warner Bros. Pictures to create a kind of anti-Valentine's Day campaign alongside the Feb. 7 release of the new film "Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)," according to details the fast food company shared with Marketing Dive.
    They might try to get around things with two dodges. First, it goes into a box that might get sealed and destroyed. Second, except for an outright sting, it is going to be hard to prove who actually did this and that will make it hard to prove a person suffered any injury.

BK and Time-Warner are deep pockets to go up against. Even if someone puts together a class action, it is going to be a potentially tough case and lots of people can probably be placated with their own burger and maybe some movie tickets. It is, however, a promotion that is pretty likely to get both companies into the news and they may think that is worth the gamble.

Where I can see it really going wrong though is if a minor ends up exposed to somebody's nudes -- and you know there are going to be nudes and probably explicit ones.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Friend: "Just freeze the bread it's cheaper, lol."
    Me: "It'd probably be cheaper for you to drop dead than keep living and yet...here we are."
    There simply must be a seinfeld episode dedicated to bread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Where I can see it really going wrong though is if a minor ends up exposed to somebody's nudes -- and you know there are going to be nudes and probably explicit ones.
    Ah, yeah. Forgot that BK had underaged employees.

That's a whole OTHER can of worms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    There simply must be a seinfeld episode dedicated to bread.
    I've lived every one of the food related episodes, my dude.

Soup nazi, muffin tops, challah. You name it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I don't find nonconsensual distribution of photos particular funny.
    But...it's a free whopper! Are u really going to let morals n shit get in ur way?

10+ Year Old Account
    bet you belong to the same group of people who would complain about people getting well done steaks...
    No? My answer to that is recommending Bearnaise sauce or demiglace to help moisten the meat.

Life is generally more enjoyable when you're not constantly judging others for their choices and instead trying to help them live as their best selves.

bet you belong to the same group of people who would complain about people getting well done steaks...
    Says the one being judgemental about people's choices...

- - - Updated - - -

No? My answer to that is recommending Bearnaise sauce or demiglace to help moisten the meat.

Life is generally more enjoyable when you're not constantly judging others for their choices and instead trying to help them live as their best selves.
    Lovely approach to life! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely approach to life! <3
    I mean I do draw the line at racism or frozen bread, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    he's complaining about freezing food... there is no discernable difference in taste from when you buy it in the store and cook/eat instantly when you get home or if you put it in the freezer at home and cook/eat it later.
    Perhaps you can't. I can.

Strangely enough the variance between one individual and another might lead to a difference in preference. Curiouser and curiouser...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a follow up, it seems this is in line with BK's broader marketing approach: https://www.marketingdive.com/news/b...ulture/525951/

In Romania, where the only Burger King is in the airport after the security checkpoint, the chain created a website where locals could find super low-cost airfares and then trade in their boarding passes for Whoppers after passing through secuirty. Once the airport caught wind of what was happening, it shut down the promotion.
    Burger King in Peru jumped into a conversation about a rule enabling moviegoers to bring food into a theater as long as it is similar to the food that the movie theater sells. Since many Burger King locations in Peru are in malls and therefore close to a movie theater, the chain created a fake popcorn bag with a little bit of popcorn on the top that hid a burger and fries underneath. During the week when the item was available before theaters figured out what was going on, sales were up 40% in those locations.
    And ...
    Step four of hackvertising is staying in close contact with a brand's lawyers as there is a gamut of potential issues that can crop up, some easily identifiable and others not as much, with hackvertising.

And the final step is deploying the attack.

"It is risky, but it is worth it," said Ricardo Casal, executive creative director at David Miami, of engaging in hackvertising.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    but the patties they use at fastfood places have been frozen too lol... as have the bread/buns...
    Mhm. So rather than having to expend time and effort into producing a low quality burger at home, I can get an adequate burger quickly and painlessly for a small premium and help keep people employed in the process.

Neither is superior, and both are valid choices. The only invalid position here is trying to judge people for not wanting to cook sometimes, or liking certain fast food chains. Top kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Just as a follow up, it seems this is in line with BK's broader marketing approach: https://www.marketingdive.com/news/b...ulture/525951/
    Honestly my biggest question is whether or not this marketing campaign will include any efforts to actually make decent fries.

Sorry BK but Mickey D's has you outclassed in that department.

but the patties they use at fastfood places have been frozen too lol... as have the bread/buns...
    They are produced, flash frozen and then prepared and sold.

They are not produced, frozen, thawed, sold, opened then frozen again.

If you don't think that makes a difference on the taste and quality, that's a you issue.

Like I said, what an odd crusade. As someone having prepped many a burger dinner from scratch because I generally don't trust fast food restaurants, I can't help but shake my head at someone being so judgemental.

The burger dinners I prepare are not necessarily cheaper nor quicker (the time it takes to do the dishes included) than getting a fast-food quality burger.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-07 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    first you say you can tell the difference if something has been frozen or not and then when i point out that the patties and buns they use at fastfood places have been frozen you just pretend you didn't say that? ok...
    No. I'm quite certain I said the convenience of not having to make a low quality burger was worth the lower quality.

If I'm going to be making burgers at home I'll be using decent quality ingredients and taking adequate time. Which isn't cheaper or quicker than fast food.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are produced, flash frozen and then prepared and sold.

They are not produced, frozen, thawed, sold, opened then frozen again.

If you don't think that makes a difference on the taste and quality, that's a you issue.

Like I said, what an odd crusade. As someone having prepped many a burger dinner from scratch because I generally don't trust fast food restaurants, I can't help but shake my head at someone being so judgemental.

The burger dinners I prepare are not necessarily cheaper nor quicker than getting a fast-food quality burger.
    The other hilarious thing is that most fast food restaurants have been switching away from frozen ingredients over the past decade in order to appeal to more health conscious consumers anyway. A 2020 Whopper is an entirely different beast from a 1995 Whopper. Hell, McDonalds now uses fresh ground beef for their quarter pounders in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have to have any proof that they're your ex? I can see some FANTASTIC trolling with this. Everything from celebrities to anime characters.

wtf? nobody does that, it's against the law to sell that... you can't freeze it and then thaw it and sell it for customers to freeze again... that's a health hazard...
    You being ignorant about it =/= it doesn't happen.

Some of the biggest bread companies here in Sweden flash freeze the bread, and it's allowed to thaw as it goes out into the stores. Pågen, a smaller company, make a point out of never freezing their bread as a result.

And it's not MEANT to be frozen again, but people do it anyway because they don't want to throw away food.