Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the audiobook and how the narrator will do Bwonsamdi's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Calia will not be a Forsaken leader, we already got confirmation on that. She will be a neutral “coping with undeath” couch i bet but all the “reformed” elfs will still go to the Horde and then be used as “racist Alliance dosent want us back” excuse to make Alliance look bad despite them actually begging those morons to come back.
    I've trusted Ion with story beats one too many times already. I'll believe Calia won't be Forsaken leader when it's brought up and explicitly dismissed. Her being an undead life coach has many of the same problems and makes her just as poor in terms of having anything in common with the undead night elves.

The proper thing to do with the undead night elves once they were in was to have the story actually focus on Delaryn as she gets over her spite and reconnects with Elune and her people, eventually turning on Sylvanas of her own accord, while others remain completely broken and spiteful by the experience and serve as dungeon fodder. The current situation has no good way to handle it. They've already changed their minds because of Calia - if they return to the Alliance it won't be because they care about their race, if they stay in the Horde it'll obviously be retarded for reasons we've spoken of already and they can't very well be dungeon goons since they're now friendly NPCs. It's all so tiresome.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    More garbage for the bookshelf I guess. Though I think I'll choose to get this one for free.

Can't wait to see how the Horde finds itself this time, maybe they should try looking under the sofa? I look forward to the Sira salt. It's a shame Nathanos won't succeed as I'm quite fond of Troll and Nathanos flavoured salt too.

Hopefully we see signs of Sylvanas' impending kerriganisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I've trusted Ion with story beats one too many times already. I'll believe Calia won't be Forsaken leader when it's brought up and explicitly dismissed. Her being an undead life coach has many of the same problems and makes her just as poor in terms of having anything in common with the undead night elves.

The proper thing to do with the undead night elves once they were in was to have the story actually focus on Delaryn as she gets over her spite and reconnects with Elune and her people, eventually turning on Sylvanas of her own accord, while others remain completely broken and spiteful by the experience and serve as dungeon fodder. The current situation has no good way to handle it. They've already changed their minds because of Calia - if they return to the Alliance it won't be because they care about their race, if they stay in the Horde it'll obviously be retarded for reasons we've spoken of already and they can't very well be dungeon goons since they're now friendly NPCs. It's all so tiresome.
    Tiresome is too mild of a word to describe this situation. Whole BfA finale and Shadowlands transition (and BfA middle too) are so completely unsatisfying, horrible and maddening that i cant find a single thing i wouldnt hated or despised about those. And those stories pace a way for even worse possible stories in Shadowlands. Like Sylvanas redemption. Tyrande “madness”. Horde aligned night elf undead. Alliance “conflict” which will be just another glorification of Anduin and his peacenik ideas...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    More garbage for the bookshelf I guess. Though I think I'll choose to get this one for free.

Can't wait to see how the Horde finds itself this time, maybe they should try looking under the sofa? I look forward to the Sira salt. It's a shame Nathanos won't succeed as I'm quite fond of Troll and Nathanos flavoured salt too.

Hopefully we see signs of Sylvanas' impending kerriganisation.
    Must be nice to actually enjoy that crap, too bad that it comes at the expense of pretty much everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    well, no Golden this time guys so you should be happy xd
    why so much hate for golden?

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    tomb of sargeras audio book was awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

i guess sylvanas should be thanking the tauren then becuase they got her into the horde.
    yes, then your point?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    yes, then your point?
    Thank you so much Cairne Bloodhoof *proceeds to not burn Thunderbluff*

Tiresome is too mild of a word to describe this situation. Whole BfA finale and Shadowlands transition (and BfA middle too) are so completely unsatisfying, horrible and maddening that i cant find a single thing i wouldnt hated or despised about those. And those stories pace a way for even worse possible stories in Shadowlands. Like Sylvanas redemption. Tyrande “madness”. Horde aligned night elf undead. Alliance “conflict” which will be just another glorification of Anduin and his peacenik ideas...
    Bear with me here, but I think with a different writer we might actually get Anduin challenged. He can be tolerable, like he was briefly in Legion, and he and his whole story are among the absolute easiest to fix. Though even if there is, I'm afraid it'd be the equivalent of what the Jaina Warbringer was to Jaina in-game - an interesting setup and a "what could have been" but something that'll be spaced when they need to push peaceniks. Ditto why I don't think Tyrande will go mad. She'll instead learn peace and love from teaming up with the Horde PC, which is spiritual death.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-02-08 at 12:55 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That's because he's a skilled writer of fantasy worlds. Rather than a writer of relationships like Golden. Not saying the later is bad, only that its not a fit for Warcraft where the setting it the key element. Golden is very bad at writing worlds, and thus falls back on mechanics which makes her Warcraft work unbearably stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

William King did notably better than she.
    Keith DeCandido did a fantastic job with cycle of hatred.
    Aaron Rosenberg make the second war actually make sense and fleshed out Turalyon... only for blizzard to come back around in Legion and ruin him, but yeah.
    Michael Stackpole's Shadows of the Horde did a fantastic job at fleshing out both Vol'Jin and Chen, more so than Golden has with any character.

Those four and Knaak have been blizzards novel writers. Four of them show up Golden quiet noticeably. Knaak is.... eh. Golden's EARLY books were decent, but over time she just got worse and worse. Its an odd irony that her familiarity with the setting has led to less quality.

And dont get me started on the short stories. Almost all of which are superior to her work in regards to world and character building. Of which in the case of world building she just plain doesn't do, and in the case of character building she has an overly large reliance on super powers and pointless relationships.
    Cycle of Hatred is universally hated, it's almost as terrible as Night of the Dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Did you read the book or just a synopsis, since the main character was not that much of an edgelord. Other DH yes, not him. That was his whole thing; that he was one of the sane ones.
    Yes, I read it. And it was dreadful.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be nice to actually enjoy that crap, too bad that it comes at the expense of pretty much everybody else.
    WoW’s story is completely unenjoyable unless you view it as a parody or stick to Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Are you crazy? More books is always a good thing we need more of them.
    The lore of a game should be contained entirely within that game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    The lore of a game should be contained entirely within that game.
    This. I'm fine with novels explaining the War of the Ancients, but major story developments should be within the game. You know, like how Final Fantasy XIV does it. All these tie in novel plots are shown in game. That is what the last patch is for. The one that is released 3 and a half months before the next expansion. Even I'm sick of always comparing WoW and FFXIV, but if there is a clearly better alternative to what Blizzard does, it is their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i was thinking, oh god, not another Sylvanus book with her edgy monologues, But then its about multicultural horde and what the fuck make us strong cause what the fuck is that, we have being founding and forgetting every Monday, don't know what is worse.

Grant it, i didn't expected her to go for bwosamdi, i guess he was right after all about wanting her head, it looks, at least, promising

Apparently, Zekhan is the new Troll OG, i like him but he will steal Rokhan role, for now on, the guy didn't even was mentioned among the leaders, but the new elf was, thats preposterous
    the author of this shit has aposematic coloration, the warning signal is there for what this book is gonna be.

anyway, i hope i can read this shit free somewhere. paying for a wow book after all that's happened with this expansion is just not gonna happen for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Well then this ends all future arguments about about how Sylvanas did or didnt betray the horde, or that they were her servants and tools. None of that circular argument ever again. LOL.
    You have a good deal more optimism about that than I can muster. I can see the counterargument now: "book blurbs aren't canon, and it was the Horde that betrayed Sylvanas because she's the Warchief, etc. etc."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You have a good deal more optimism about that than I can muster. I can see the counterargument now: "book blurbs aren't canon, and it was the Horde that betrayed Sylvanas because she's the Warchief, etc. etc."
    Oh for certain. They'll be the equivalent of the "Burning of Teldrassil was justified because the Alliance killed 10 miners in Silithus" arguments that spread around the time of BtS.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

poor Bolvar and Taelia i thought they would get the book. Taelia was 8.3.5 but now this patch abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Bear with me here, but I think with a different writer we might actually get Anduin challenged. He can be tolerable, like he was briefly in Legion, and he and his whole story are among the absolute easiest to fix. Though even if there is, I'm afraid it'd be the equivalent of what the Jaina Warbringer was to Jaina in-game - an interesting setup and a "what could have been" but something that'll be spaced when they need to push peaceniks. Ditto why I don't think Tyrande will go mad. She'll instead learn peace and love from teaming up with the Horde PC, which is spiritual death.
    Oh i meant she will go “mad” and then die or become “pacified” (neutered) which is equally bad. Basically there is no winning here. Same with their “big revelation” of Elune which will either make her a “damsel goddess” who sucks as much as night elfs now or that evil, uncaring bitch that is not worth following. Or actually both. Every story beat i can think of is just plain awful and i know that they will hit at least some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybelda View Post
    Yes. This. William King has over three decades writing for fantasy and he is famous for starting the single most popular novel series for Warhammer Fantasy- Gotrek & Felix.

Honestly, Illidan is the first novel I have read in the Warcraft series that actually made the setting feel like a world, rather than a place whose dimensions are near exact to those in game (In Shattering, for example, Golden had Anduin walk from Ironforge to Loch Modan and back during a single damn afternoon). Mr. King made the setting feel high fantasy, with enormous armies in the background and notable champions. I did not like Illidan himself (which isn't Mr. King's fault, as he didn't invent Illidan) but when I find Mr. King was best at world-building and atmosphere of all the WC writers thus far.
    They should probably hire more Warhammer writers to fix their lore.

Why am i not surprised that they found and picked another feminist as their next author. You can probably find these kind of people in a lot of places in California. The picture of her tells you everything you need to know. But sure, i can't wait for the great character development she will bless Warcraft/WoW and especially the Horde with. Makes me want to vomit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelda View Post
    Yes. This. William King has over three decades writing for fantasy and he is famous for starting the single most popular novel series for Warhammer Fantasy- Gotrek & Felix.

Honestly, Illidan is the first novel I have read in the Warcraft series that actually made the setting feel like a world, rather than a place whose dimensions are near exact to those in game (In Shattering, for example, Golden had Anduin walk from Ironforge to Loch Modan and back during a single damn afternoon). Mr. King made the setting feel high fantasy, with enormous armies in the background and notable champions. I did not like Illidan himself (which isn't Mr. King's fault, as he didn't invent Illidan) but when I find Mr. King was best at world-building and atmosphere of all the WC writers thus far.
    King also had his own fantasy series and from the few books i could get my hands on in germany it is/was (not shur eif he ended them or if it´s still ongoing) really great.