Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

800k BOE, 1.5 million, 3 million BOE's did people lose their damn minds?

460 boe's are at an astronomically high price. Yes I am bitching because I cant afford it, thats obvious. Not that I cant, but I dont know anyone who would actually pay almost a million or more than a million for 1 piece of gear.

Are any of those pieces worth that much?

In short, yes.

And then vendoring it 1 month into 9.0... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    460 boe's are at an astronomically high price. Yes I am bitching because I cant afford it, thats obvious. Not that I cant, but I dont know anyone who would actually pay almost a million or more than a million for 1 piece of gear.

The worth of anything is determined by the buyer, if there is one. As well as supply - thus supply and demand. I do know of people paying Blizzard for 2+ million gold to pay for these items specifically.

theyll easily pay off all their loans they took out from mount buyers

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    And then vendoring it 1 month into 9.0... lol
    only giving a loss of approximately 2,999,927 gold

Method and limit was buying them and now, its all the guild trying to the wf on each server that buy them

So yeah, they worth it

Its called the capitalism, the offer and the demand, if you are lucky, you can make a quick fortune droping them with the good bonus

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    theyll easily pay off all their loans they took out from mount buyers
    this. plus, they had the gold to buy them so they will easily make that back through mount runs

Whats pissing me off, is that pretty much my entire raid group has made millions from raid boes this tier, except me. I haven't had a single raid boe drop.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post

It depends. The market will dictate.

Everyone I know would never pay those prices. They probably wouldn't pay 10% of that price. I believe the majority of players don't buy gear. But that doesn't mean there are not a large number of people out there on some high pop servers that have nothing to do with their gold. There might be 100 people in a server gold capping every patch. There might be 1000 people that clear 1M. What are they to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

An item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it

Not sure why that's a problem

A handful of infinite stars corrupted items went for 3+ million on my server. I know Limit was transferring characters around to buy boes and sending them back to their home server. For the people paying this much for the items it is insanely easy to make gold. Say you do some raid or m + carry runs you can easily make 500k in less than an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Whats pissing me off, is that pretty much my entire raid group has made millions from raid boes this tier, except me. I haven't had a single raid boe drop.
    Anyone that gets lucky and gets a boe in heroic or mythic early on makes a decent amount from it. I know I have had a drop pretty much each raid tier pay for most of the time I raided that content via tokens.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yeah there are people who are willing to pay millions to get carried it's no different really. I think it's a waste of gold, but others don't.

Sold some T3 Stars 460 boots yesterday for 2.1m

Considering how easy it is to make gold nowadays, yeah for some people they are worth that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    A handful of infinite stars corrupted items went for 3+ million on my server.
    Yeah, maybe 2-3 items per realm went for that much. Then more people posted similar items for similar amounts, but they never sold them. Because the demand isn't high enough, because other people are willing to undercut vastly etc.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This

I never get BOE's until after the price has dropped out of them.

1. Your guild buys all the BoEs early in the raid tier to be strong enough to clear mythic.
    2. Then your guild turns around and sells mythic raid carries to recover the initial investment and then start making money on top of it.

Its actually profitable.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm alright. Thanks for chiming in. I guess im not as outraged anymore since this is normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just bought 2 boes for 800k because ive had terrible luck getting anything