Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Both nice and not nice to see male caster night elf mobs.

Nice in the sense that originally the meleers for the night elves were mostly female, and teh casters wer emostly male, but co s fo that awful model, most night elf npcs of any kind, even druids were almost always female.

however in BFAi'm seeing the majority of night elf males that show up are casters, both in teh assaults for alliance and N'zoth. What is a bit alarming though is that there are night elf cultists - in classic that was one race not so easily comproomised (as you would imagine of a people who defeated the legion, ( which made sense, given they were "highly intelligent" , very long lived and thus supposedly wise, also especially given that the Darnassians were the specific group that fought the legion victoriously, not getting tempted or deceived by their b/s, they'd be particularly good at resisting that stuff), so the 1 female night elf cultist in Searing Gorge (trust me, I looked) was the only one of her race involved in that).

Not now, lots of male NElf caster cultists in N'zoth assaults, Must be intentional, are these Nelves the ones from the Black Moon void ritual that have just not been able to handle it? Are the females better hangling void from Blackmoon ritual cos they've been in the Order much longer than the males?

Or is it just random and I'm over thinking it because blizzard certainly doesn't care about such detail??

The creeps are a bit interesting.

1. Human cultists are mostly worshipers
    2. Tauren culists are beheaders (meleers with huge 2H weapons)
    3. Gnome/Goblin cultists are all assassins
    4. Night elf male cultists are caster conjuerer types

5. Thalassian cultists appear in other areas, now they've all become "void" elf, but seeing how void infusion can turn a blood elf (see Xal'atath), therefore not just limited to Telogrus rift, N'zoth increased activity may have these void elves not related to the alliance faction one, although the ones in Stormwind vision are ofc alliance void elves, as everyone has gone mad. (except Turalyon/Arator/Kelsey/Valeera - the ones you work with )

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz threw the last patch together as a shitty stop gap, they probably didn't think about who the casters were and just needed to have night elf casters period. The gender and background wasn't something they cared about.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are some Night Elf and Nightborne NPCs in Ny'alotha as well. It took me by surprise that there were Nightborne and NE enemies in Ny'alotha but not Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

5. Thalassian cultists appear in other areas, now they've all become "void" elf, but seeing how void infusion can turn a blood elf (see Xal'atath), therefore not just limited to Telogrus rift, N'zoth increased activity may have these void elves not related to the alliance faction one, although the ones in Stormwind vision are ofc alliance void elves, as everyone has gone mad. (except Turalyon/Arator/Kelsey/Valeera - the ones you work with )
    You missed Troll females.

Some of the Troll females are summoners, some of the Night elf males are also Summoneres as well as conjurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Blizz threw the last patch together as a shitty stop gap, they probably didn't think about who the casters were and just needed to have night elf casters period. The gender and background wasn't something they cared about.
    I dunno man, there may be some parts rushed, but it seems incredibly specific. If it were ruandom woudln't we see some of every type of npc?

Also it's unsurprising too.

Gnomes make very good assassins, Tauren great strength make them iconic 2H meleers, night elves have incredibly high magical aptitude (yes, not just highborne/nightborne types, ppl forget Darnassians did nature magic extremely highly, and the Kaldorei is unchanged from the original race that did great magical feats), so not surprising there either.

What is a bit weird is that so many night elves are under N'zoths thrall, even though they seem to have elite positions. Normally we have the Thalassian elves as teh cultist casters and rangers.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye the ammount of threads you have is increasing with scary numbers and I think 50% of them can be combined and are eventuslly about the same things.

Sorry man, it feels like we are talking about dog food..is it gluten free or vegan?

I dont know lets make a thread about it while eating my cereal with soy milk.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

Xal’atath isn’t a mortal raced being. The elf form she took was like how the dragons take a form. We don’t know what she is just that she is as old as the old gods. She isn’t an elf that was voided

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye the ammount of threads you have is increasing with scary numbers and I think 50% of them can be combined and are eventuslly about the same things.

Sorry man, it feels like we are talking about dog food..is it gluten free or vegan?

I dont know lets make a thread about it while eating my cereal with soy milk.
    And which one of them is it appropriate to discuss this in? Besides if people didn't wnat to comment on them, they wouldn't respond, obviously some people enjoy discussing the matter at hand, but surely a private message could have sufficed to express your displeaure, although I don't see why you would want me to post on topic areas only you like and not the ones I want to.

- - - Updated - - -

People wonder why i post a lot about elves, apart from the obiovus that I enjoy talking about and discussing that group, topics I make on other races usually get a fraction of the responses, and fade fast, face it, people like what blizzard has done with elves and obviously play them a lot. It's okay not to like them too, but a bit pointless complaining about a person making a thread on topics he wants. Nor can you blame him if topics he made months ago are still active, because others are posting their views on relevant topic. I can't be expected to bring this into another thread. I already fill my topics with multiple themes. Sometimes a different theme requires a different thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Xal’atath isn’t a mortal raced being. The elf form she took was like how the dragons take a form. We don’t know what she is just that she is as old as the old gods. She isn’t an elf that was voided
    But the blood elf she voided took on a void elf appearance and she possesses that body now.

The Void elves corrupted by N'Zoth could've been any High/Blood elves, really. There is no indication that they were Alliance-affiliated Ren'dorei from Telogrus Rift.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Nice in the sense that originally the meleers for the night elves were mostly female, and teh casters wer emostly male, but co s fo that awful model, most night elf npcs of any kind, even druids were almost always female.

however in BFAi'm seeing the majority of night elf males that show up are casters, both in teh assaults for alliance and N'zoth. What is a bit alarming though is that there are night elf cultists - in classic that was one race not so easily comproomised (as you would imagine of a people who defeated the legion, ( which made sense, given they were "highly intelligent" , very long lived and thus supposedly wise, also especially given that the Darnassians were the specific group that fought the legion victoriously, not getting tempted or deceived by their b/s, they'd be particularly good at resisting that stuff), so the 1 female night elf cultist in Searing Gorge (trust me, I looked) was the only one of her race involved in that).

Not now, lots of male NElf caster cultists in N'zoth assaults, Must be intentional, are these Nelves the ones from the Black Moon void ritual that have just not been able to handle it? Are the females better hangling void from Blackmoon ritual cos they've been in the Order much longer than the males?

Or is it just random and I'm over thinking it because blizzard certainly doesn't care about such detail??
    ... Really now? Not so easliy compromised? You mean the race that - gladly - joined the Legion because their queen told them to? The race that - gladly - joined Ragnaros and thus the Old Gods, when their ex-arch druid asked them to?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

And which one of them is it appropriate to discuss this in? Besides if people didn't wnat to comment on them, they wouldn't respond, obviously some people enjoy discussing the matter at hand, but surely a private message could have sufficed to express your displeaure, although I don't see why you would want me to post on topic areas only you like and not the ones I want to.

- - - Updated - - -

People wonder why i post a lot about elves, apart from the obiovus that I enjoy talking about and discussing that group, topics I make on other races usually get a fraction of the responses, and fade fast, face it, people like what blizzard has done with elves and obviously play them a lot. It's okay not to like them too, but a bit pointless complaining about a person making a thread on topics he wants. Nor can you blame him if topics he made months ago are still active, because others are posting their views on relevant topic. I can't be expected to bring this into another thread. I already fill my topics with multiple themes. Sometimes a different theme requires a different thread.

- - - Updated - - -

But the blood elf she voided took on a void elf appearance and she possesses that body now.
    Inanis was a HE, not a BE.

EDIT: Well, i least i thought she was, i remember her having blue eyes, but Wowhead showed them green. hm :/
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2020-02-10 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Really now? Not so easliy compromised? You mean the race that - gladly - joined the Legion because their queen told them to? The race that - gladly - joined Ragnaros and thus the Old Gods, when their ex-arch druid asked them to?

The ones that remained night elves are the ones that didn't, and if you check hte lore, of the entire empire, only those lcosest to the Queen in Zin'Azshari palce sided with the legion, everyone else did not.

Those that sided with the legion ended up as Satyr or Naga. So if you're a night elf (or related) you are of the stock that certianly stood up to the Legion. But realistically, how vulnerable do you think very highly intelligent people, who've live for over 10,000 years, faced man yhorrors and insidious deceptions ands tood firm against htem, also had very good health/society and correct thinking inducive to high mental helath..

They wouldn't generally e susceptible to deceptions and lies like those of the old gods.

The people most susceptible to deception are those who've either been living it in their culture or society their whol e lives, or are mentally instable, insecure, highly traumatised, young and don't really know any better. Don't have the faith/religious beliefs that lend to strong mental discipline or rigorous rational thinking. The Darnsassin night elves are one of the best examples of mentally strong people. I would expect them to be the least persuaded by cultists, and probably the ones populating the fight against them because of their strong mental durability.

Follwoed by the Thalassian elf - however the trauma of the scourge invasion has markedly changed the high evles who becoame blodoe lves, they were noticeably less stable in TBC, but it wasn't the type that lent itself to death cultist blind belief. Sadly the majority of Thalassians were seen to be broken by the scourge invasion, while their longer lived kin night (borne) elves were not by the 1st invasion of the legion or the War of thorns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    The Void elves corrupted by N'Zoth could've been any High/Blood elves, really. There is no indication that they were Alliance-affiliated Ren'dorei from Telogrus Rift.

i agree with you on this. If Xal'atath can transform a random blood elf void, certainly N'zoth's influence can.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-02-10 at 07:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The ones that remained night elves are the ones that didn't, and if you check hte lore, of the entire empire, only those lcosest to the Queen in Zin'Azshari palce sided with the legion, everyone else did not.

Those that sided with the legion ended up as Satyr or Naga. So if you're a night elf (or related) you are of the stock that certianly stood up to the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

i agree with you on this. If Xal'atath can transform a random blood elf void, certainly N'zoth's influence can.
    Sigh, why do I even respond to you....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Sigh, why do I even respond to you....
    Well I'm glad you did, allowed me to share my thoughts and insights into it

It was a high elf

There are some sentinels who mention that Tyrande might not be able to handle so much power though, maybe that can happen to regular warriors of the Army of the Black Moon though? Even if they are not as overwhelmed with power as Tyrande, they still have black eyes so they are empowered in some way by Elune. Maybe they just didn't resist all that power and were broken... and well, where there's a broken mind in need of guidance, N'Zoth finds a way.

I know you are a big fan of the idea of more Night Elf-Void Elf interactions in the future, maybe Tyrande will ask Alleria for help in dealing with her newfound powers, if it is indeed partly Void in nature ("dark side of the moon" and all). I would love that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    There are some sentinels who mention that Tyrande might not be able to handle so much power though, maybe that can happen to regular warriors of the Army of the Black Moon though? Even if they are not as overwhelmed with power as Tyrande, they still have black eyes so they are empowered in some way by Elune. Maybe they just didn't resist all that power and were broken... and well, where there's a broken mind in need of guidance, N'Zoth finds a way.

I know you are a big fan of the idea of more Night Elf-Void Elf interactions in the future, maybe Tyrande will ask Alleria for help in dealing with her newfound powers, if it is indeed partly Void in nature ("dark side of the moon" and all). I would love that.
    Indeed, the Black moon ritual might be something just destablising enough in conjunction with the genocide to push some of the night elves over the edge.

They could also be highborne males, but that seems less likely after they successfully overcame addiction the hard way. That takes a lot of mental strength and discipline, and lends a high degree of clarity, which combined with their intelligence, makes it not very likely imo.

Oh, i've also seen female Orc beheaders,
    Male orc defenders.

No draenei (that I've noticed) save some of the NPCs in the horrific vision that have gone crazy.

Night Elves have emotions, and are fallible just like any other mortal race. Just because they live a long time doesn't mean they're perfect like angels or anything silly like that (not that things like the Light are truly good either in this universe). They're just as prone to mistakes or madness or bad judgment as any of us - if anything, they just have more time to make bad decisions and make mistakes.

And on top of that, almost ALL of the world-wide catastrophes that have had to do with magic have in SOME fashion always linked back to elves in one way or another. The Sundering, all of that War of the Ancients nonsense? Elves' fault. Night Elves, as we may recall, were the first Warlocks on Azeroth and entirely responsible for the Legion fixing its gaze on Azeroth. It's no surprise that the first race that fell to the temptations of the Legion on Azeroth, elves, would be so easily corrupted by the Void as well. Many elves, transfixed on high stature and power for whatever reasons the various breeds have is just so commonplace at this point.

Can we really be surprised by elves falling into yet another magic mistake again when they happen so frequently?

I mean heck at this point, would it be too surprising if Old Gods or the Void was just the result of some Night Elf time-traveler who went poking around?

Elves making mistakes with magic... I mean, come on. Kind of their M.O.