Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine being this delusional about what it takes to clear Classic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Imagine being this delusional about what it takes to clear Classic raids.

Are you trying to say Classic content is hard with todays knowledge and playerbase?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I guess that retard was in fact your alt burner account,no one would get that offended over this otherwise
    This is what happens when you don't have facts. You make things up to try and justify your narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

3+ Year Old Account
    I didn't raid back in WoW Vanilla, so I expect to wipe like crazy in the first days in BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is what happens when you don't have facts. You make things up to try and justify your narrative.
    The irony in this statement lol

I'd imagine APES will get a clear on their first night. Most guild I feel will take a few days. Razorgore will be a good test for noobs and vael will be interesting to see how much fire resist you actually need.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Nah, gotta pay attention to the wording, even if unintentional. Said "4-5 days *from now*" when the thread was created 4-5 days ago, not 4-5 days from when the raid launches in WoW Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong game. That's for vanilla WoW, not classic WoW.
    Same raid though. So it does not change the fact that BWL was cleared years ago. By Drama (US), so credit goes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Are you trying to say Classic content is hard with todays knowledge and playerbase?
    Pretty sure I am not, seeing as how I was addressing the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I'd imagine APES will get a clear on their first night. Most guild I feel will take a few days. Razorgore will be a good test for noobs and vael will be interesting to see how much fire resist you actually need.
    You dont use fire resist for vael,jsut spam everything and he dies

10+ Year Old Account
    It will get steamrolled & cleared within the first 3-4 hours.

Raid time will probably take around 2 hours. To clear MC/BWL and Ony

my guild still struggles with killing rag in 4 hours in a single night. god damn it, I cant raid any other days. its gonna be tough on us. we are people mostly raiding on sundays only. maybe we should start earlier but still time is problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The trick to vael is getting a bunch of warriors that barely tank to manage threat on a boss that is Taunt immune. Everything else is just nuking the boss and moving out when your about to blow up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    my guild still struggles with killing rag in 4 hours in a single night. god damn it, I cant raid any other days. its gonna be tough on us. we are people mostly raiding on sundays only. maybe we should start earlier but still time is problem.
    That's fair enough. Classic raids are quite a bit harder than equivalent Normal raids in retail. Some of them are arguably on a heroic retail level. I don't buy that 4-5 hours clears people keep bringing up. Average guild will take a week of attempts to clear BWL for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    That's fair enough. Classic raids are quite a bit harder than equivalent Normal raids in retail. Some of them are arguably on a heroic retail level. I don't buy that 4-5 hours clears people keep bringing up. Average guild will take a week of attempts to clear BWL for the first time.
    People got geared to the teeth because of MC/Ony farms in the past few months, as well as PvP gear coming into play. That coupled with 1.12 talents + gear, the abundance of information available online these days, private server practice on these exact same raids (for guilds like APES), min/max mindset of today's gamers, and people already having years of raid experience in Retail or other MMOs, means the BWL instance isn't going to last very long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Ny'alotha WF race is over and it's time to another race.
    Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.
    You'll lose this bet. Excluding any wacko bugs and multiple lag disconnects, it'll be downed the first day it releases. Thus further adding to the pile of evidence that vanilla raids are not hard and don't require excessive grinding in order beat them.

Because players have improved that much more since vanilla time period. It will be interesting to see what people say when PuGs are taking down Naxx every reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic raids are quite a bit harder than equivalent Normal raids in retail. Some of them are arguably on a heroic retail level.
    This is so wrong. It sounds like someone hasn't played the raids in retail since probably tbc/wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

This is so wrong. It sounds like someone hasn't played the raids in retail since probably tbc/wrath.

I haven't. As I mentioned in another topic i quit WoW shortly after TBC. Only came back for Classic. But I watched a few boss videos on YouTube from various expansions since then and they looked nowhere near as hard as original Vanilla ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    world first bwl clear was by drama september 26 2005, 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't. As I mentioned in another topic i quit WoW shortly after TBC. Only came back for Classic. But I watched a few boss videos on YouTube from various expansions since then and they looked nowhere near as hard as original Vanilla ones.
    Watching videos is very different from executing the fight. There are also way more things going on in raid fights now than back then so to say classic raid fights are harder than current ones and some even on heroic level is truly laughable.

You're essentially going "eh I watched some vids and it looks easy" and on top of it admitting you haven't done any.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Thus further adding to the pile of evidence that vanilla raids are not hard and don't require excessive grinding in order beat
    Well, to be fair, they did have to grind the MC/Ony raids for months to get the epic gear required in order to clear BWL. Those thinking they can enter BWL with leveling greens and dungeon blues and think they're getting very far in there with that gear are in over their heads. Unless the 1.12 version of talents/gear in Classic really was THAT strong and made that much of a difference, it's not happening...