Poll: When do you think we're getting Shadowlands Alpha/Beta?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You need to measure the beta from release date, not from announcement.
    We don't know the exact release date for Shadowlands yet so it makes more sense to measure it from the announcement.

2-8th of march

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    We don't know the exact release date for Shadowlands
    Not the exact ... but we are pretty damned sure it will be late November based on the date given on the preorder.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Fire mage fees good,
    Fury warrior feels good
    Protection warrior feels good
    Warlock feels good
    Frost mage feels good
    Dh feels good
    Guardian druid feels good
    Monk feels good
    Rogue is ok

Unsure about others, but prolly also all pretty okay to good.

Like wtf. Most classes feel ten times better now then in legion, atleast most things come from my base/core off my class rather then from a fucking bullshit power advancement lol
    I can't speak for the others but fire and frost mage?
    They are exactly the same as in Legion with less options and no cool sets/meaningful rotation alterations.

I mean it's anyways subjective but my problem is that Legion>Bfa the underlying class structure is pretty much the same but the new toys blow.
    No legendarys, no artifact, no tier sets.
    Azerite gear and essences can't compensate all of that.

So... sure, the specs all "work" but many feel like a shadow of their legion predecessors imo.

btt: week 10 because ion said something like soonTM in the wc radio interview.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-02-18 at 02:52 PM.

My hope is that they'll drop a build this week (so week 8) and Alpha starts next week.

I want to see some datamining!

It is going to be released late November (based on the presale date), so May for beta seems reasonable.

You need to measure the beta from release date, not from announcement.
    Very unlikely to be a november or December release, thats shooter season. Release dates are dictated by marketing. Latest we will see SL is October if it dosnt meet that then ur looking at 2021.

bfa beta started feb 7th for its august release, it will be around very soon i think, because, i HOPE they want to have atleast more beta time even if it is a december release, you know because bfa beta..

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Very unlikely to be a november or December release
    Late November is pretty much guaranteed at this stage. Release date has already been stated on the packaging

WoD - 5 weeks to spare
    Release : November 13th, 2014
    Guarantee : December 20th, 2014
    Legion - 3 weeks to spare
    Release : August 30th, 2016
    Guarantee : September 21st, 2016
    BfA - 5 weeks to spare
    Release : August 14th, 2018
    Guarantee : September 21st, 2018
    Shadowlands
    Release : ?? Mid November 2020 ??
    Guarantee : December 31st, 2020
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-02-18 at 02:56 PM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Fire mage fees good,
    Fury warrior feels good
    Protection warrior feels good
    Warlock feels good
    Frost mage feels good
    Dh feels good
    Guardian druid feels good
    Monk feels good
    Rogue is ok

Unsure about others, but prolly also all pretty okay to good.

Like wtf. Most classes feel ten times better now then in legion, atleast most things come from my base/core off my class rather then from a fucking bullshit power advancement lol

Affliction, Destruction, Fire and Frost mages feel awful for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    imagine enjoying even more pruned classes lmao
    Imagine lacking the very basic ability to understand that different opinions are different lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    I play 3 of those (excluding affliction) and enjoy them a lot myself. I especially like the Frost GS build.

Totally agree about Affliction though, it is just... not good this expansion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Dind't towelie said February?

tic toc tic toc

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post

Affliction felt better in Legion. It isn't terrible, but the legendaries and artifact traits really enhanced the feel of it in a way the Azerite stuff does not. I also have come to really dislike death bolt. Only Azerite trait that feels cool is the drain life one. I really wish they would give us death coil and siphon life baseline again.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Dind't towelie said February?

tic toc tic toc
    Soon TM? xD

Late November is pretty much guaranteed at this stage. Release date has already been stated on the packaging

WoD - 5 weeks to spare
    Release : November 13th, 2014
    Guarantee : December 20th, 2014
    Legion - 3 weeks to spare
    Release : August 30th, 2016
    Guarantee : September 21st, 2016
    BfA - 5 weeks to spare
    Release : August 14th, 2018
    Guarantee : September 21st, 2018
    Shadowlands
    Release : ?? Mid November 2020 ??
    Guarantee : December 31st, 2020
    That's not the release date, it's the max time befor they have to offer a refund, its part of eu law that any pre sales must have a maximum date it can be released by. So that's why its there. Legion and bfa also had a December 31st date on the pre sale.

So it's not an indication of any date. Wod was the last time wow made a november release, comming after the year of SoO, I doubt highly that they want to replicate any of that. Nor will they want to compete during that season. There best bet is to release after cyberpunk 2077 had died down but befor the shooter season roles around.

TOMORROW!

(j/k, though I hope it is soon )
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

That's not the release date
    It is the only information we have about the release date at all.

So we are pretty much assured that the release will be late November roughly.

That's just reality.

It is the only information we have about the release date at all.

So we are pretty much assured that the release will be late November roughly.

That's just reality.
    That's not how logic works.

We have a date, that's legally mandated to meet a law, that's set to the last date of a year. Which the past expansions were also set to for the same reason.

That litteraly only tells us that they definatly want it out some time in 2020. And litteraly nothing but that.

There's no assurance of any date at all based on the presale max date. Except they want it out befor then so they don't have to give refunds.

Legion and bfa also had a December 31st date on the pre sale.
    Are you able to provide a link that shows this please?

That's not how logic works.
    It is EXACTLY how logic works ... anyway, you know the facts as I presented them - accept them or ignore them as you will.

As for the topic of the thread, given we know the release date will be late November, the beta isn't likely until May.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    He isn't ... I posted the guarantee dates for each expansion above, and they aren't all 31st December

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eur...ned-in-germany

That's why there's at least a last date now on things

Corrolation is not causation. The guarentee date is no reflection on the actual release date. Only a maximum.

- - - Updated - - -

It is EXACTLY how logic works ... anyway, you know the facts as I presented them - accept them or ignore them as you will.

As for the topic of the thread, given we know the release date will be late November, the beta isn't likely until May.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't ... I posted the guarantee dates for each expansion above, and they aren't all 31st December
    It's not, your making an assumption based on an unrelated Corrolation. It's gamblers fallacy in a way. These expac were 2-3 weeks befor there Max date so this next one also will be, but there's nothing that actualy makes that so.

What has happend is in 2018 Germany passed a law that bans presale opening with just "summer 2016" as a release that later becomes an at or befor date so company's have to give an at or befor upfront on the presale.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-02-18 at 03:40 PM.