Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you think this is a good idea?
    Can't wait to see the UK fall into irrelevance, subsidizing transportation costs to workers who want to commute to mainland Europe for well paying jobs. Would be nice to have another beneficial exchange rate to go on vacation.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally the wet dream of brexiteers comes to fruition. Those evil poles and romanians won't take those precious low-end jerbs anymore.

citation needed

- - - Updated - - -

You must have never worked in a professional field in your life if you really believe this.
    I am now but I know that you want to feel special but honestly you aren't, nobody really is.
    Most people want to see themselves as a alpha but as researchers pointed out there is no such thing as alpha male.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I am now but I know that you want to feel special but honestly you aren't, nobody really is.
    Most people want to see themselves as a alpha but as researchers pointed out there is no such thing as alpha male.
    It's rather funny the rest of the world disagrees with you, everyone but you knows the difference between skilled and unskilled labor.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is fascinating to watch people who bleat the most about being Lefties and Progressives fret over the improved bargaining power and chance for increased wages for domestic servants and construction workers.

A fascinating timeline to live on to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It is fascinating to watch people who bleat the most about being Lefties and Progressives fret over the improved bargaining power and chance for increased wages for domestic servants and construction workers.

Its fascinating that people who call themselves conservatives suddenly detest the ideas of individual liberty, limited government, and capitalism.

That's a rather ignorant take since it doesn't take into account the state of the UK labor market.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's a rather ignorant take since it doesn't take into account the state of the UK labor market.
    It's always funny how she seems to constantly battle this imaginary leftist she constructs in her own mind.....and lose horribly to it every time.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-02-20 at 05:07 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    First it's the "low skill" workers, then it's the "high skill" workers, then finally the truth comes out and it's everyone not from your country.

The real issue with this is that the government percieve the economically inactive as the solution, and we already know from Iain Duncans Smiths commons review they also percieve retirement as a very real issue and that in his research it was states people of current retirement age could work part time till a new undecided retirement age.
    We also know from britannia unchained that many members of the cabinet view workers rights as a shackle to the nations productivity. This I feel is just the first step in creating their vision of what the working class should look like, and the fact her figures include retired people, full time carers, students and even sick (uses the general figure which includes thousands of people undergoing various stages of cancer treatment) should be deeply troubling.
    Then again the british public by and large aren't worried about the conservative government being a puppet adminstration of a man determined to make us a one party state and has extraordinary views regarding using eugenics paid for by the NHS to advance the british people.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be excited to hear what magical enchantments exist on the UK labour market that make the lowering of the supply of labour NOT improve the wages of Labourers.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's always funny how she seems to constantly battle this imaginary leftist she constructs in her own mind.....and lose horribly to it every time.
    Well if you guys are denying being anything on the Left I can at least feel satisfied.

Heck, Mike Bloomberg proved that for a good chunk of Democrats, especially #Resistance types; their only gripe with Trump was that he wasn't a Democrat and maybe lacks decorum as if that mattered.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'd be excited to hear what magical enchantments exist on the UK labour market that make the lowering of the supply of labour NOT improve the wages of Labourers.

Well if you guys are denying being anything on the Left I can at least feel satisfied.

Heck, Mike Bloomberg proved that for a good chunk of Democrats, especially #Resistance types; their only gripe with Trump was that he wasn't a Democrat and maybe lacks decorum as if that mattered.
    We should also forcefully sterilize people, to reduce the number of births, lowering the supply off labor.

Yes, this is no different than what you want.

oh, wait... you want to punish people for not having kids. You really cannot be consistent, can you?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-02-20 at 05:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We should also forcefully sterilize people, to reduce the number of births, lowering the supply off labor.

Yes, this is no different than what you want.

oh, wait... you want to punish people for not having kids. You really cannot be consistent, can you?
    Forced Sterilization is on what planet the moral equivalent of saying "Hey, we aren't going to have an unlimited flow of people into a region to keep wages low"?

It's not magic but your complete ignorance of the situation the UK labor market is experiencing an exodus of workers thanks to Brexit. There is a severe shortage of workers both skilled and unskilled even as employers keep increasing wages in other words they need bodies to fill jobs.

I'm genuinely curious, if you're a skilled worker why would you choose to live in the UK? Especially after brexit? Not counting people that have an enormous love for the UK or are extremely patriotic (do those exist?).

If you have a valuable skill that means you can probably live in just about any European country (and elsewhere). Aren't those countries better places to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'm genuinely curious, if you're a skilled worker why would you choose to live in the UK? Especially after brexit? Not counting people that have an enormous love for the UK or are extremely patriotic (do those exist?).

If you have a valuable skill that means you can probably live in just about any European country (and elsewhere). Aren't those countries better places to live?
    Yup that's why the UK keeps bleeding skilled and unskilled foreign workers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

True, no more cheap maids, no more cheap low end labour, An absolute hell where the entire lower classes don't willingly suffer for the pampering and comfort of Professional Managerial Class types in London. Dark times for such noble parasites... I mean professionals.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not magic but your complete ignorance of the situation the UK labor market is experiencing an exodus of workers thanks to Brexit. There is a severe shortage of workers both skilled and unskilled even as employers keep increasing wages in other words they need bodies to fill jobs.
    Yes, any exodus proves better for those that remain? Why is a workers market, one that favors workers a bad thing for what I presume is someone Left of Ronald Reagan?

Yes, any exodus proves better for those that remain? Why is a workers market, one that favors workers a bad thing for what I presume is someone Left of Ronald Reagan?
    The UK is at full employment has been for years, what part of they need bodies did you not get?

Isn't this literally what Canada and Australia do already? Seems like maybe companies in UK will just have to raise their labor rates to attract employees. Sounds like a good thing for the country.

7+ Year Old Account
    The UK is at full employment has been for years, what part of they need bodies did you not get?
    Clearly they don't if they aren't prepared to keep those people.

Them leaving benefits those already there with increased bargaining power. Even if at full-employment it isn't as if workers empowerment plateaus in this scenario. Also it can only improve workers status. In the age of zero-hour contracts, cut benefits and gig work, that stuff becomes harder to force on people if they have power to fight it, which a workers market is just that.