Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarkayan View Post
    do they want to hide important points in the story or any surprises?
    they usually just replace the cinematics with placeholders in the beta clients, which I found actually improves the experience significantly

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Bruteforcing their file host, on the other hand, could actually lead to an unencrypted client and that would be very meaningful.
    Nope, that stuff is encrypted with the same key.

They could have an unencrypted client on the CDN somewhere, not intending for anyone to find it before they link to it. That sort of thing is not uncommon.

Considering the key would need to leak I think you just have to wait until Alpha goes live next week.

They could have an unencrypted client on the CDN somewhere, not intending for anyone to find it before they link to it. That sort of thing is not uncommon.
    Yup, but there isn't. We know how to find those.

Well yes, how do you find a file in some random path? You brute-force it.

When Blizzard wants it to be.

The content is unlocked with a private/public key encryption scheme. They have encrypted it with their private key and put it on your computer and it's probably using a very strong technique. The only way it's going to be unlocked is when Blizzard gives us the public key, which they will do when they see fit.

The only way to avoid this is for someone inside Blizzard to leak the key, and I see absolutely no reason why any of them would do that.

We cannot brute-force things like 256-bit AES or whatever they might be using.

Well yes, how do you find a file in some random path? You brute-force it.
    Good luck bruteforcing MD5 hashes of files you don't know the content of over HTTP. That's quite painful and not how we currently find/know of unreferenced stuff on CDNs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    When Blizzard wants it to be.

The content is unlocked with a private/public key encryption scheme. They have encrypted it with their private key and put it on your computer and it's probably using a very strong technique. The only way it's going to be unlocked is when Blizzard gives us the public key, which they will do when they see fit.

The only way to avoid this is for someone inside Blizzard to leak the key, and I see absolutely no reason why any of them would do that.

We cannot brute-force things like 256-bit AES or whatever they might be using.
    128-bit salsa20 keys is what they're currently using. There's no realistic way it'll be cracked but that doesn't keep some people from memeing and trying anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Nope, that stuff is encrypted with the same key.
    Time to Get a existing Key, get a pattern and Brutforce with all our Mobile Phones!

Ahh you have a secret method? Neat.

my personal super secret technique is to just wait a few weeks for an unencrypted semi public build to be published and then i datamine it by letting the nerds at wowhead do it

Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    my personal super secret technique is to just wait a few weeks for an unencrypted semi public build to be published and then i datamine it by letting the nerds at wowhead do it
    Wowhead nerd here, this is on of my soft casual day...

No it won't. You need to have the encryption key to that, and no one's getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no, it will never ever be decrypted. it will stay encrypted for ever and ever and ever. /s

Can you even decrypt stuff??? He is asking a legitimate question. You sound like you will do this in 2 hours. Lol.

Unless Blizzard encrypted it REALLY poorly, none will crack it. Unless someone, somehow has proper quantum computer to use, waiting is the best thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post

Putting in work Stiven!!!

i thinnk perculia said, during the pyromancer/ jailer phot leak controversy that even if they COULD datamine something, if its clear blizzard explicitly dosent want it released they wouldnt post it, like the jailer leak

Sure, MMO-champ hasn't posted leaks since the WoTLK days because they want to keep favored fansite status with Blizzard. Of course if anything was leaked, we could find it elsewhere.

I decrypted it!

It said:

Ion Hazzikostas: lmao look at all these fools pre-ordering a game considering our track record

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    wow your life is super interesting