Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    More uninspired raid armor sets.
    More cases like the horses mounts in BfA and worg mounts in WoD while the shop has unique models.
    More contrived gating (Nazjatar) or RNG gating (Mechagon)
    More underwhelming narratives and cutscenes in important raids.
    More shitting on Tyrande/night elves
    More of the story being a collection of rule of cool moments loosely connected by the veneer of an actual cohesive plotline.
    More cases of one step forward, two steps back policies.
    More of Blizzard tiptoeing and flipping back and forth on whether Sylvanas is bad or just misunderstood or actually a hero.

Luckily, there are also ways in which BfA sucked for me personally that they can't repeat. Like their treatment of N'Zoth or how underwhelming Nazjatar and Ny'alotha both really were. It'd probably be hard for them to make Shadowlands as meh for me as BfA was.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-02-20 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    I'll grant you that I may have come off strong (apologies). Still the word bothers me when used for wow Becuase I just don't think calling it "low quality" holds up at almost any point in its lifetime.

This is because most of what you say (like class design) were, unfortunately, intentional choices by the dev team (or rather the leadership) .

The way I look at it, the quality of work put into each individual part of bfa and it for the most part holds up (definitely some parts that don't). But the whole didn't ammount to anything great, many would say it came out bad, due to the design and direction and the way the parts interacted.

Think of it like a shoe, that was weirdly designed like it was meant for an ape or something and is frankly ugly as hell. But this shoe used the best quality materials and shoe making techniques available when it was produced. It's not very comfortable, but it's functional and it's lasted you over 10 years of heavy use.

That's bfa in a nut shell, good materials but following a bad blueprint. I can personally appreciate the work that went into the expansion, especially early on, but it was hugely misguided. I feel the same way about Cata which is my least favorite expansion still.

I guess the reason it bothers me is because by using that kind of terminology, you are essentially targeting the wrong people. The game Devs at the bottom (world designers, quest designers, artists, encounter designers, ect) clearly put their work in, and it's solid. The problem is the people above them. That's where things went wrong.

Hope that clears up my thoughts on that.

I still have high hopes for shadowlands. This is the same devs that brought us legion just 1 expansion earlier. They still have it in them.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    i agree overall and understand where you comin from.

only the last statement is where we will not come together. i also found Legion not a great xpac. and i also found Legion low quality. i have other terms of quality than you. yes, the lower ppl do great work. but a lot of that work is recycling and copy pasting. especially in Legion you saw that often the same caves with a different paint. 7.2 island was horrible low quality imo. lore was completely cheap shit, because they spit in every name in wow lore together with superficial story and go „kill named lore guy number 174524“. and kiljaeden... omg, one of the most iconic character cheap shitted (the encounter design itself was ok).

in short: i define quality other than you. with blizzard its the same with apple these days. once they did solid work and good quality. now they just pack shit into a sweet looking package. its frontside blender shit. behind the frontside its as cheap as possible. imo.

because I have no faith left in blizzard, I know they will fuck up world quests by sucking all the remaining fun out of it.

but what really will set me off is class designs. as they officially said there will be no big change, then we are stuck with what we have in BFA and what we have in BFA sucks ass.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Anima grind will be as boring as AP grind;
    >Torghast will be designed around few DPS specs just like Horrific Visions;
    >Impossibility to freely swap between Covenants with Covenants being complete unbalanced and constantly changing;
    >Class Unpruning is the dust in the eyes. How can the return of some non-dps/hps/tanking related abilities make class design better? We will see but im very skeptic about that.
    >Actual lack of content. There is almost no features so Anima Grind, M+ grind, raid grind and Torghast grind with real possibility of each of them end up sucking.

3+ Year Old Account
    It'll mess everything up by allowing the larger lore characters to return to the land of living.

Then it's literally Dragon ball when death means 0.

-A system like corruption
    -Exalted grinding

the entire concept of shadowlands sucks.. so.. it sucks

what I expect is that they will fix the classes specs so they are fun to play again (by which I mean they will fix sub which is all I care about) but they will still continue to try to force pvp players to grind for ages to gear up like pve plebs because "it's good for us" or whatever and this will remain a deal breaker

You salty people really live for negativity without even knowing any facts. Blizzard is right to call the fanbase toxic.

Not allowing us to be able to reuse the socket items for that companion system thing, that would be a big slap in the face and hopefully they at least consider it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    It'll mess everything up by allowing the larger lore characters to return to the land of living.

Then it's literally Dragon ball when death means 0.
    Fusion Reborn was a sweet DBZ movie haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    my concern would be that the talents associated with the four new 'factions' that you are 'locked in to' will get buffed and nerfed throughout the patch, leaving one specific faction being the 'best' and constantly having to switch loyalties to maintain the best talents. it sounded like they really wanted you to pick one and stick with it and it would be quite difficult to switch, which means if you pick wrong or they decide to do some tuning you end up getting stuck having to switch.

other than that, it sounds like rng gear will be gone-- that seems to be the main fuss with players.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    You salty people really live for negativity without even knowing any facts. Blizzard is right to call the fanbase toxic.
    Join us in the positive thread!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...up-being-GREAT

I'm just a seasonal wow player anyway (come and go when fun stuff is happening), but if the scourge ends up being main theme in the game, I most certainly won't be spending my time in wow. I dislike scourge theme with certain level of passion. I love bright and unbroken places in wow.

So far Ardenweald and Bastion looks really pleasant. While other two zones went the usual blizzard route.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    hazikostas is still in charge and we have no reason to believe that he somehow suddenly evolved past being an archetypal pve elitist, grind loving dipshit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Imagine not even waiting for beta before you start complaining.

This is getting ridiculous.
    Cause blizzard dosnt learn, and would rather run the game into the ground for weeks, than admit they made mistakes, see
    Azerite power, ppl gave feedback since day 1, and see how that shit ended.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

In every way. When I hear things like 'level faster than evar!', and soloable dungeons, it just makes me cringe. Everything a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cause blizzard dosnt learn, and would rather run the game into the ground for weeks, than admit they made mistakes, see
    Azerite power, ppl gave feedback since day 1, and see how that shit ended.
    Amen to that broham.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    In every way. When I hear things like 'level faster than evar!', and soloable dungeons, it just makes me cringe. Everything a step in the wrong direction.
    hmm yes the problem with wow is definitely that we are not forced to spend more time grinding levels. man what i wouldnt give to have to farm low level murlocs for two months before i can start participating in the gear lottery that will eventually, some day allow me to do some pvp without being instantly getting flattened because my numbers arent big enough

Imagine denigrating legit concerns because waiting for Blizzard to come to its senses has worked out so fucking well in the past didnt it!

Imagine forgetting about the entire BFA cycle because you have the brain capacity of a goldfish