Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why does common sense dictate april is too fast? Pretty simple question.
    I take it back.
    Jackofwind already said its the same release as actual Vanilla.

It was a fail by me.

15+ Year Old Account
    classic pve is trivial as fuck, they can't rush it enough

why would you be opposed to faster release anyway?

This isn't the original experience where you are spending a lot of time doing trial and error. Even if you go into BWL blind, unless you are intentionally ignoring all available resources, you would be consuming it faster than you would have in Vanilla. To keep people interested in playing the game they would need to have a faster release.

It would make even less sense to me to take it as slow.

How will classic be for new players / alts when guilds move on from the earlier raids and don't bother doing them anymore? Will there still be a way for people to catch up?

Because once Vanilla is done they can move onto TBC and Wrath (the Golden Age) Let's not fool ourselves, Wrath was WoW's peak, they probably want to get there as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    so when WOULD be the right time? October? 2022? When?
    Each raid should be at least 10 weeks, That would be the soonest i'd release something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How will classic be for new players / alts when guilds move on from the earlier raids and don't bother doing them anymore? Will there still be a way for people to catch up?
    People never stop running old raids in Classic, it's completely different from Retail.

40m
    MC is run for Bindings for the entire life of the game.
    BWL is run by many guilds as current content if they don't progress through AQ, pugged on some servers, and always run for premium items like DFT and Tear.
    AQ is run as current content for any guilds that don't progress into Naxx, and run for premium items like DEoI.
    Naxx is run forever because it's Naxx, it's got the best shit, and it's the last raid. It's often also a valid challenge for casual guilds to actually progress through.

20m
    ZG is run for the entire life of the game for mounts and as a fast means for gearing up alts, doing split runs, and acquiring well-itemized gear for offspecs. ZG also has a large rep grind associated with it that's very important for certain crafting recipes.
    AQ20 is run for spellbook upgrades, as a fast means for gearing up alts, and for well-itemized offset pieces and weapons from Ossirian.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Because once Vanilla is done they can move onto TBC and Wrath (the Golden Age) Let's not fool ourselves, Wrath was WoW's peak, they probably want to get there as quickly as possible.
    Correction. 3.1 was WoW's peak. Everything after that was the slow start of the long fall.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck people are retarded. Go look at the original timelines. BWL released at almost exactly the same time as it did 15 years ago, and ZG released something like 2 months and some change after BWL was live. Depending on when they release ZG it's either going to be the exact time frame or something like a week early.

Diremaul, honor system and now AB are the only things that came out early. All of the raid content is launching at nearly the exact time frame it did 15 years ago.

But yeah, please continue to panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Holy fuck people are retarded. Go look at the original timelines. BWL released at almost exactly the same time as it did 15 years ago, and ZG released something like 2 months and some change after BWL was live. Depending on when they release ZG it's either going to be the exact time frame or something like a week early.

Diremaul, honor system and now AB are the only things that came out early. All of the raid content is launching at nearly the exact time frame it did 15 years ago.

But yeah, please continue to panic.
    Technically incorrect, as World Dragons were released in patch 1.8 but are being released in Classic alongside ZG, which is content from patch 1.7. So they're coming out about a month early.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So Phase 4 is coming way early (assumed) then the player base thought it would happen. Classic WoW was released on Aug 26th, 2019. Its been 6 months since release and will be 8 months when phase 4 comes out.

With the way we are going, we will have Naxx come November and Classic WoW wouldn't even be at its 1.5 year mark. Why is Blizzard rushing this content out?

I, myself, wouldn't mind if Phase 4 came out in July or Aug. I don't think 3.5 months of BWL before ZG(due by end April) is necessary. I hope I'm not alone on this.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...r-wow-classic/
    Considering that this is close to the original release schedule, then it sounds about right. Dunno wtf you are smoking, but no one wants the releases to take ages especially when it's rereleased content. Everyone expects Naxxramas to release later this year, with a possible TBC Classic next year.

Also who told you ZG is releasing at the end of April? I could see it release in the first week of that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Correction. 3.1 was WoW's peak. Everything after that was the slow start of the long fall.
    Precicely, Wrath.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So Phase 4 is coming way early (assumed) then the player base thought it would happen. Classic WoW was released on Aug 26th, 2019. Its been 6 months since release and will be 8 months when phase 4 comes out.

With the way we are going, we will have Naxx come November and Classic WoW wouldn't even be at its 1.5 year mark. Why is Blizzard rushing this content out?

I, myself, wouldn't mind if Phase 4 came out in July or Aug. I don't think 3.5 months of BWL before ZG(due by end April) is necessary. I hope I'm not alone on this.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...r-wow-classic/
    What player base assumed that kind of nonsense? I was expecting zg at the most 3 months after bwl.

FYI the original release dates:
    Patch 1.6.0 “Assault on Blackwing Lair” Release (US) 12 July 2005
    Patch 1.7.0 “Rise of the Blood God” Release (US) 13 September 2005

Also lol at all of you expecting content that is already created to be delayed because reasons instead of releasing it based on how the population is progreaaion.

- - - Updated - - -

ZG and the new gears drops in instances, AQ20 and t0.5 are the catch ups.

wait until you get wow classic token XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    wait until you get wow classic token XD
    BuT iTs ChInA oNlY [slowly paints on clown makeup]

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...it is the obvious way to look at anything and everything Blizzard does when you assume the ultimate goal is to make as much money as possible (with as little effort as possible).....
    It's much more likely this is due to the plummeting Classic population than anything else. So yeah they want as many people playing Classic as possible, or retail, they're not trying to sabotage either.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

That never happens

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That never happens
    lol.. so as each raid opens up the raid schedule just keeps adding more and more raids to do every week? I find that unlikely. If so the burn out will be real.

Better release all raids in fast phase, so there are enough players to raid with. Classic is declining fast and it gets harder and harder to recruit more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol.. so as each raid opens up the raid schedule just keeps adding more and more raids to do every week? I find that unlikely. If so the burn out will be real.
    I gave you a detailed response already in this thread regarding why previous raids are continuously run. It doesn't matter if you find it unlikely or not because it's an established fact.