Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There has been buzz about this for close to a year. Nothing solid, just rumor. I think it would be a bad move for players and probably Blizzard itself. They would go from a critical piece of Activision's business to just a drop-in-the-bucket division at Disney. Think about that for a minute and tell me that would likely end well.
    I mean it's not a rumor, a Disney investor among a few others were working to try me get Disney to buy Activision Blizzard. Not a rumor, just a "will it happen". Look 1 post above.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Disney warcraft would probably end with sylvanas being fathered by a clone of a clone of Arthas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'd be down for for the buyout. Heck, we may even get a decent Warcraft movie out of it.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

Disney is the movie equivalent of EA(which explains why the latter got the rights to make Star Wars games from them). Giving ANYTHING to them is dooming said thing to utter ruin, with idiotic crap like forced diversity being shovelled into every nook and cranny to get the widest audience possible and the most cash possible.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    if this is true, i feel like you are about to lose your job. i'm pretty sure those kind of talks are meant to be private information and you disclosing private information without the approval of the client is illegal.
    I mean personally, I think op is just trolling. I wouldn't say Disney wasn't interested, cause ya know they want everything that makes money but;

Usually I'd say your barking up the wrong tree and this wouldn't happen, but Disney actually take these kind of things super seriously. I could easily see them spending the ££ to figure out who leaked it if was genuine. Although op wouldn't need to worry about prison, they'd just sue his arse for everything. Much more effective way of dealing with stuff like this.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

if this is true, i feel like you are about to lose your job. i'm pretty sure those kind of talks are meant to be private information and you disclosing private information without the approval of the client is illegal.
    Yeah. Probably this.

Anyway... I am pretty sure these rumors are with us since like 2-3 years.
    Personally i love this meme:

15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, don't need what little good is left to be ruined too.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I don't know why people keep parroting that Activision is the problem with Blizzard. Activision seems capable of actually making some decent games and reboots. Blizzard on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And you should learn how economy works: Activision and blizzard were 100% a subsidary of VIVENDI.
    No, they were not "100%" a subsidiary of Vivendi. Vivendi owned a controlling stake, but not 100%.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I want it, maybe Disney can save Blizzard games from Activision
    Disney hasn't exactly been kind to to franchises, lately. All those shitty remakes are a testament for that. The Star Wars movies, as well. The only ones, so far, that seem to escape this are the Marvel movies, but they feel more like the exception than the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    At least then they might focus more on making a good story and maybe more (better) movies. It's one hell of an IP to have.
    Didn't work with Star Wars don't see why it would work with Blizzard IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Disney hasn't exactly been kind to to franchises, lately. All those shitty remakes are a testament for that. The Star Wars movies, as well. The only ones, so far, that seem to escape this are the Marvel movies, but they feel more like the exception than the norm.
    True, even so they're putting Kevin Feige in charge of Star Wars. It's like he's the only person with the creative mind to adapt things faithfully, but the man can only be stretched so thin. Even if Disney bought the World of Warcraft IP, I guess there's no guarantee it would be anymore successful under them than under ActiBlizzard unless they also put Kevin Feige in charge of it creatively.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-03-07 at 06:37 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Looking at Star Wars, I'd say Blizzard would be worse in their hands. Maybe CD Project should buy Blizzard instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who knows Bobby Kotick would prefer Disney.

Marvel is doing great under Disney - the Star Wars franchise on the other hand ......

There is probably already rule 34 of Jaina and Elsa together so there's literally nothing good that could come out of this. Disney would just just making everything worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Anyone who knows Bobby Kotick would prefer Disney.

Marvel is doing great under Disney - the Star Wars franchise on the other hand ......
    The devil you know. I wouldn't want to risk all of Blizzards franchises ending up like Starwars with the entire lore destroyed and one pretty good series.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-03-07 at 06:16 PM.

I doubt this is happening but it could potentially be a great thing. It's a long shot, but it could be great.

He said he got it in a newsletter, not an internal memo.

That suggests to me that it's something that is being circulated throughout the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Marvel has a major advantage over Star Wars in that the superhero movies are far more obviously silly than the Star Wars ones and audience expectations are lower. I tend to see Wow falling closer to the marvel side of things because of the game is actually good no one seems to mind if the story is silly (legion’s story was absurd and it was the best of the past three expansions on that front). I do think Disney has standards for product quality that exceed standards of its typical competition and I think that’s part of their brand, and in that way they are similar to what wow should be: a product that costs a premium price but is typically high quality.
    Exactly, and I corrected myself when I said "even so they're not putting Kevin Feige in charge of Star Wars." They are in fact, and you make a good point. Warcraft mythos isn't as well known to general public as Warcraft's, so in Disney's hands, it might be written better than the shit Dausner and Golden have been feeding us because if Disney can make Warcraft lore as popular to the general public, they have no high expectations of it like Star Wars. It's much easier to re-package it and improve on it with new, better writers than it was pleasing hardcore Star Wars fans with a Disney creative.

Makes me wonder how much the World of Warcraft IP alone would cost. I'm sure Disney isn't interested in all of BlizzActivision (Diablo, StarCraft, Hearthstone, etc.) and it can't be as expensive as the Star Wars IP, but I'm sure it'd still carry a high price tag.

Disney is in a big shake up, it'll last a long time so I doubt anyone there is in serious mood to buy a company which has had PR and product related disasters one after another.

He didn't say it was news he secretly got. He said he read it in an industry newsletter. Those aren't secret. Christ, people, stop "refuting" things that nobody ever said.