Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How about a Team America sequel?

Would be great to get a sequel to this classic movie.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They said no because of how hard and tedious it was to actually make.

God damn I'd love a sequel though

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know... The first one is so perfect, not sure they could capture that magic again.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I mean, you could probably change a couple names and release the original and it'd be topical again. No need to remake/ sequel.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Hell yeah loved that movie, matt stone and trey parker is just to funny.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I'd watch a sequel, though I'm still waiting for a sequel to Bigger, Longer, & Uncut first.

10+ Year Old Account
    It came out in a different time, not sure if it will go over the time way these days.

5+ Year Old Account
    You need to start invading en masse like iraq war to warrant a sequel to team america...making one now would just be weird..

They just need to do a remix where the swap out Kim Jong Il for his idiot son or Putin or some other despot. The joke's still stand up well enough to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You need to start invading en masse like iraq war to warrant a sequel to team america...making one now would just be weird..
    Ah, but the lack of invasions gives you an opening for a sequel where Team America are lost and confused when they're not being told to invade countries on sketchy pretenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Ah, but the lack of invasions gives you an opening for a sequel where Team America are lost and confused when they're not being told to invade countries on sketchy pretenses.
    lol good point, that's an interesting take

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    They said no because of how hard and tedious it was to actually make.

God damn I'd love a sequel though
    Id be fine if they just did it all in CG. Shuold be easy enough to get it looking pretty close to real. Then you dont have to fuck with actual puppets.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

They cant even be bothered to make a full south park season anymore, theres no way we get another team america.

And as others have said, swap some names around and its still just as current.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    fuck yea!

Tbh there's no need, I'd rather see new projects rather than sequels trying to live up to the success of the originals.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

This movie doesn't need a sequel, its already really good as it is and a sequel wouldn't do anything new to improve it. I would love to see new projects from Matt and Trey though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I wish matt and trey parker would spend less time punching down considering how affluent they are.
    Because when you have money you cant have an opinion?

I hope this post is sarcasm.

Clearly not what I meant. But sure rich people should be allowed to sic their audiences on the vulnerable.
    Well "punching down" is just a dumb way of saying successful people are no longer entitled to opinion because of said success and they should just keep their mouth shut and not judge people struggling which is just more overly protective nonsense so people dont have to feel bad about themselves because heavy forbid they try improve their situation.

The world has seen enough gratuitous puppet fucking. It's a good movie but the schtick got kind of old by the end of its runtime. It's fine as its own encapsulated entity, a sequel would only serve to cheapen the original.

Successful people should probably keep their opinions to themselves because they are usually so divorced from people's actual lives and the way things work when you're not immensely rich. They wont though because they're an entitled bunch who think their shit dont stink
    Ricky Gervais said exactly that about elitist celebrities lecturing people, or does that only apply to celebrities not on the left?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Ricky Gervais said exactly that about elitist celebrities lecturing people, or does that only apply to celebrities not on the left?

Its easy to be some super rich celebrity and preach to the choir to gain some brownie points in humanity. When rich people do it though it comes across as a desperate plea to tell the world, "I am with it, I'm one of you, I understand". Bottom line is celebrities don't understand much, they are so out of touch. Let's see them part with their 10+ houses and take a 70% paycut and then I'll judge their humanity.

Rich celebrity "Hey you poor people, how about you give money to these starving people in Africa for charity while I go bring in more money that the amount of you can ever donate together to buy myself another mansion"
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-11 at 02:00 PM.