Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Stardust was underrated, imho... Fantasy story for adults.
    Doublechecking the reviews seems to agree that its not "bad". I thought it was better than the 76%/7.6 I saw, but not to a large degree.

Little Nicky is a personal favorite

Who doesn't like seeing Hitler get a pineapple shoved up his ass
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-03-09 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Series: Eli Stone. That got about 4 seasons less than it deserved.
    Movie: Aeon Flux. 9%/39% on rotten tomatoes. 14 year old me absolutely loved that movie.
    Jesus. Sometimes you find these things that makes you feel really old. Aeon Flux.. 2005, me being 15. I enjoyed that movie, still remember most of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Little Nicky is a personal favorite

Who doesn't like seeing Hitler get a pineapple speed up his ass
    Yeah okay, I'm gonna leave this thread now before my nostalgia kills me. Loved Little Nicky!
    Hi

Event Horizon. The movie bombed and critics hated it, now its looked back as a solid sci-fi horror movie. I really liked it the first time I watched it though.

Lots of people hate the new Lion King, and while I do prefer the original I found this one to look really good and they made most music scores even better.

7+ Year Old Account

and

Two of my favorite movies I can see anytime. Amazing visuals and great music.

Also Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 8. Fans hated it while I loved it. Come at me fan scrubs!
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-03-09 at 10:32 PM.

They've already been mentioned by others but I really enjoyed both Sucker Punch and Equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

BF:Earth - I think it's how ridiculous it is, or Travolta's overacting and the mysterious choice of Aliens having Scottish accents... But I love watching this movie.

Waterworld - People tell me this movie was supposed to be bad... but I just don't see it. I think its pretty good, acting, story, characters, sets, it's all there.
    Yooooo!!! ahah I loved Waterworld!
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I would say critics hated it, it certainly bombed, but Mystery Men is one of my all time favorite movies.

I do think people have really come around on it now though. I was way ahead of it's time. It came out in '99 a year before X-men and a full three years before Spider-Man. Just an amazingly funny movie with a fantastic cast. I remember going to see it in the theater and loving it while all my friends thought I was crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

Waterworld - People tell me this movie was supposed to be bad... but I just don't see it. I think its pretty good, acting, story, characters, sets, it's all there.
    I will defend Waterworld to my death, I loved that movie, I mean its not a masterpiece or even that great, but I thoroughly enjoy it

Death to Smoochy.

Me and my brother watch it to this day, it's hilarious!

I watched Batman and Robin as a kid and loved it. I watched it two years ago and while I by no means loved it, I did feel a guity pleasure. It's a dumb and bad movie for sure, but to me it has its charms. Maybe nostalgia is speaking but still.

For TV series I'd have to say Invasion from 2005, it was a slow burn done right, and William Fitchner's performance was a combination of creepy and amazing. Sadly it was too slow a burn for the audience and it was canceled after its first season.

For a movie, I definitely agree with those who said Equilibrium, I'd never heard of it but caught it on TV one day and ended up buying the DVD. Loved Tron Legacy as well, quite sad that Disney has never really done much with the franchise.

Oh, I love this! Here's my guilty pleasure:

This movie bombed with critics and audiences alike because it's an incoherent trainwreck of a movie that tries way too hard to be many different things and succeeds at pretty much none of it. But God I fucking love watching this movie. The music is phenomenal. The writing is so bad-it's-good-because-it's-actually-really-bad.

This scene sticks out for me:

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted!"

There are two comic books and an impossible-to-find Cannes' festival version of this movie too. It's hard to believe the guy who brought us Donnie Darko also directed this literal dumpster fire. But, I fucking love it.

Oh, and then there's shit like this.

I'd recommend you check it out for yourself just to experience it. It's a one-of-a-kind movie. Just, like, check your brain in at the door.

Issue with SG:U is that it was a crappy Stargate show, SG as was done by its previous shows. Light, mildly comical, fun, not too serious. Then we got a run of the mill serious action drama stuffed into the SG universe(pun). While the story WAS interesting the show was a bad StarGate show. Anytime I watch it I cant help but think of Ep 200 from SG:1, where they straight make fun of the IDEA of what SG:U became.

On Topic, Lake Placid. Movie is such a great B rate.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, my list...

Aside from Waterworld here are 6 other movies that prove that you should never trust in my opinions when it comes to movies lol

Top-Left: 300 Rise of the Empire
    Honestly loved this just as much as the first one, yet everyone shits on this one for some reason I really liked it, unfortunately it made the mistake of leaving itself on a cliffhanger we will never see a follow up to...

Top-Middle: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    I honestly think its fine, now sure the villain is horrible and his motives are border line silly, but Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry is just so good, and I honestly think they pulled of Gwen Stacy's death at the end really well, sure it wasnt over a bridge but the acting and the emotion was there.

Top-Right: Clash of the Titans
    Now I am a hufe fan of the 1981 classic produced by the legendary Ray Harryhausen, that man is an inspiration, but the remake while has its problems, the acting being horrible for starters. The rest of the movie I enjoy, the effects the fight scenes it's a brainless action movie that doesnt slow down, now while it does lack the charm of the original I still enjoy it it just as much.

Bottom-Left: The Black Cauldron
    Thats right the movie that almost helped bankrupt Disney during their slump in the 1980's this movie hasn't aged too badly (outsid eof some horrible dialogue and cliche's), its a reminder of a time when 2D hand drawn animation was still a thing and some of that animation blows todays animation out of the water, mainly because nothing is hand drawn anymore, but I loved this movie as a kid and that sense of nostalgia has stayed with me through this movie.

Bottom-Middle: Deep Blue Sea
    I'll go ahead and say it, THIS should have been a Jaws sequel, its certifiably better than anything that came after Jaws 2 thats for sure. Although the idea of reversing sharks did make me crack up in the cinema when this came out but I love this movie. Before The Shallows came out there really wasnt many movies that made you scared to go back into the water. Shark movies were becoming a joke soon after espeically with movies like Sharknado. As I said, before The Shallows this was the last great Shark movie.

Bottom-right: Anaconda
    So bad its good or not, this movie has all the cliche's all the many layers of dumb tropes that I cannot help but love it, the cast are just taking this movie way seriously than they should and adds another layer to how much fun this movie is. I will never not love this movie
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-09 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mystery Men takes me back. Saw that one in the theaters...the main song (All Star by Smash Mouth) really makes it all nostalgic. Very late 90s kind of movie.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Resident Evil movies are a guilty pleasure. If they had actually given us the huge fight with Leon, Ada, Alice, Wesker and Jill against the world they teased at the end of... Afterlife? Instead of that boring as shit Final Chapter I would have loved it even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh, I love this! Here's my guilty pleasure:

This movie bombed with critics and audiences alike because it's an incoherent trainwreck of a movie that tries way too hard to be many different things and succeeds at pretty much none of it. But God I fucking love watching this movie. The music is phenomenal. The writing is so bad-it's-good-because-it's-actually-really-bad.

This scene sticks out for me:

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted!"

There are two comic books and an impossible-to-find Cannes' festival version of this movie too. It's hard to believe the guy who brought us Donnie Darko also directed this literal dumpster fire. But, I fucking love it.

Oh, and then there's shit like this.

I'd recommend you check it out for yourself just to experience it. It's a one-of-a-kind movie. Just, like, check your brain in at the door.
    Did Obama get his orating skills from The Rock's character??

Edit - I was mesmerized.

10+ Year Old Account
    starship troopers is actually good and constantine is fun

10+ Year Old Account
    ^No doubt about it. Great for what it is.