Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Yea, Bernie Sanders lost. Lets see if Joe Biden will change his mind on Medicare for All and other progressive ideals.
    I really doubt it. When he flat out says he'll veto medicare for all if it comes to his desk, he's not even hedging.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Yea, Bernie Sanders lost. Lets see if Joe Biden will change his mind on Medicare for All and other progressive ideals.
    Of course he won't. That's what's so amazing to me about progressives who think, "Maybe he'll change his platform to be more liberal!" Of course the DNC will not. They try everything they can to destroy the progressive movement, they just want our vote, not our policy desires.

He literally just said he'd veto M4A yesterday. You know, something that would go a LONG way to win his supporters over to his cause. But not only does he just not give an answer, he instead says a big fuck you to that policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    It's honestly not the progressivism that scares me, it's her ambitions for massive government expansion. Same with Bernie.
    Let's consider universal healthcare for a second.

You can choose between the for-profit corporate interests controlling it, whose focus is on increasing their own profit margins at the explicit expense of human suffering and hardship.

Or the government controlling it, whose focus is on improving the treatment and health outcomes for their citizens, as cost-effectively as possible.

With corporate interests, any gains in efficiency get paid out to shareholders, and quality of care doesn't improve.

With government, any gains in efficiency produce greater access to servicing and treatment for those in need.

There's a reason people support this "government expansion". Because government has their interests at heart, and corporate interests are diametrically opposed to theirs.

It's not a question of government control or FREEDOM. It's a question of government control for the welfare of the public, or corporate control for shareholder profit at the cost of human suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Question, what do you think Biden's plan for healthcare, social security and medicaid/medicare are?
    This is not a policy election.

He could write it in crayon in a middle school blue book. I haven't read it. I don't care what it is. It won't pass anymore than a national plan to give everyone a unicron.

This is a referendum on Trump. An Avocado with a (D) carved in it. Biden is one notch up and he can win. So that's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm really not interested in your revisionist narratives.
    Oh the humor in that one. Pot, meet kettle.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Especially because it potentially puts Georgia in play. She's by and far the best pick.
    Very true. I'd love for my state to quit toying with being purple and do it. Especially if it means people show up to screw Doug Collins or Loeffler out of a senate seat, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question, what do you think Biden's plan for healthcare, social security and medicaid/medicare are?
    Better question.

Why was Sanders' superior healthcare plan unable to prove enough of a draw at the ballot box?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    So you're avoiding the question because the answer is inconvenient.
    whats inconvenient about it? i gave my answer in my first post. yep, people who refuse to vote can be blamed for not voting.
    lets hear yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Stacy Abrams.
    Stacey Abrams? Good grief. She straight up lost and then went on for who knows how long impugning the election process, all the while supporters continue to pretend that she really did win the election and it's super provable but nothing we can do but anyway she won. Republicans cheated she won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stacey Abrams? Good grief. She straight up lost and then went on for who knows how long impugning the election process, all the while supporters continue to pretend that she really did win the election and it's super provable but nothing we can do but anyway she won. Republicans cheated she won.
    And the GOP wonders why it has difficulty attracting black voters. Christ and allah.

Stacy Abrams was barely defeated in an election of questionable integrity in a state known for voter suppression targeted against blacks and is a much beloved figure by both progressives and moderates.

I'd advise Republicans to stop commenting on internal Democratic politics when they know nothing about it, thanks.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Add Tammy Duckworth?
    I hate to say it, but Tammy Duckworth is not a great candidate.

For one, she was born in Thailand, and there'll be questions about whether she can replace POTUS if necessary (which is of more relevance this cycle). AFAIK, she's eligible to be President, but the fact that her father was a military guy overseas won't prevent GOP people from attacking her on that issue.

Furthermore, she was RAISED abroad. Until she was 16.

Then, she's a new mother. People will attack her about whether she should be taking the VP mantle while a new mother.

Then there's the fact that her first political job came from Rod Blagojevich. I don't vet politicians for a living, but I've conducted enough voir dire to be think these might be issues.

Then there's the optics. I hate to say it, but Presidential elections are shallow as fuck. She's a double amputee, and Asian. Somehow, these will be considered negatives by dumbass racists, misogynists, and ableists who will insist you need to be "strong" and "fit" for the office. It won't sit well with people like, well, cf the swing of white men voters to Biden in Michigan/Missouri tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The greatest irony is calling ME myopic when that's the fucking keyword for the Biden campaign. Its all about, "JUST BEAT TRUMP RIGHT NOW, NO POLICIES MATTER, NONE MATTER, JUST BEAT TRUMP AHHHHHHH JOE IS SO FRIENDLY AND NICE JUST GET TRUMP OUT" not actually inspiring to do anything that matters.

Yeah I'm myopic lol.

The absolute fucking delusion is so remarkable.
    Given that you think your situation is more important than dying kids, starving kids, reproductive, voting, and trans people's rights, etc., etc., etc., you are not just myopic and self-serving, you're unforgivably so. Let me know how your healthcare situation improves under Trump, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is not a policy election.

He could write it in crayon in a middle school blue book. I haven't read it. I don't care what it is. It won't pass anymore than a national plan to give everyone a unicron.

This is a referendum on Trump. An Avocado with a (D) carved in it. Biden is one notch up and he can win. So that's good enough.
    For many it is a referendum on Trump but not for all, to many it is still about the policies.

I say this from personal experience, while I liked to research and read and learn about politics, I actually didn't vote my first time till Sanders as he was the first politician I had seen worth the trouble to vote for. There are still many in that mindset.

And unlike me, most of them don't bother to read or research this stuff like I have done for a long time now.

I understand it won't get done so long as old Moscow Mitch the Bitch is the Senate leader, but to many, that is still something that will make or break whether they come out and vote for him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I'm not going to lie, this is actually the main line against her here in Georgia. I don't know how effective it is with independents, but Republicans cry with laughter at how democrats seem to not notice that she lost her election.

10+ Year Old Account
    For many it is a referendum on Trump but not for all, to many it is still about the policies.
    Then why aren't they voting?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We could have had Warren or another progressive but Bernie bungled that so get over it. Because rather than working with the moderates to get some progressive agenda passed, y'all would rather sulk and ensure that none of it does.
    This cannot be repeated enough. Progressives should adopt this as their going-forward mantra.

Better question.

Why was Sanders' superior healthcare plan unable to prove enough of a draw at the ballot box?
    Because older people turn out more reliably, especially those whom are retired and have more time. And those people typically aren't the most informed. And from what I have read, the older turnout was actually elevated this time around.

Sanders plan was superior by everything I have come across.

And if Warren was the better candidate, why did she get destroyed at every turn?

Given that you think your situation is more important than dying kids, starving kids, reproductive, voting, and trans people's rights, etc., etc., etc., you are not just myopic and self-serving, you're unforgivably so. Let me know how your healthcare situation improves under Trump, though.
    Yeah I'm done with you and your bullshit concern trolling for shit you don't actually care for. What the fuck have you done for any of those things you've just brought up?

You don't give two shits about any of that and just use it as a political talking point. Its pathetic, craven and obvious. And I'm done with you.

Then why aren't they voting?
    The top issue this cycle has been beating Trump. Medicare for all has majority support in pretty much every state so far, but beating Trump is still seen as the greater priority. But the fact that I chose coffee today does not mean I don't like orange juice. I don't know why we have this weird binary relationship.

Because older people turn out more reliably, especially those whom are retired and have more time. And those people typically aren't the most informed. And from what I have read, the older turnout was actually elevated this time around.

Sanders plan was superior by everything I have come across.

And if Warren was the better candidate, why did she get destroyed at every turn?
    she was doing well until a very specific point...