Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Classic - Arathi Basin

Was waiting for this battleground ever since Classic returned! Have plenty of fond memories and it's coming out tomz!! Are you hyped too? Will you be playing it?

I am excited for AB. One of my favorites. Looking forward to this release.
    There is also really awesome rewards from AB, can't wait

Arathi Basin is amazing for 1 reason, and 1 reason only: it cannot be stalled. You literally cannot artificially stall-out the game like you can with WSG (corpse-camping @ the Graveyard while not capping the flag) or Alterac Valley (not killing the end boss) because of how the resource system works. If you decide to NOT cap bases so the game can go longer...well...you'll just lose :P.

One of the best BG's ever created, second only to Eye of the Storm from TBC (because it's basicly AB, with a flag to carry around/capture )

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Arathi Basin is amazing for 1 reason, and 1 reason only: it cannot be stalled. You literally cannot artificially stall-out the game like you can with WSG (corpse-camping @ the Graveyard while not capping the flag) or Alterac Valley (not killing the end boss) because of how the resource system works. If you decide to NOT cap bases so the game can go longer...well...you'll just lose :P.

One of the best BG's ever created, second only to Eye of the Storm from TBC (because it's basicly AB, with a flag to carry around/capture )
    Prevent enemy from capping anything and don't cap anything yourself, or keep the flags contested and keep switching them between sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Prevent enemy from capping anything and don't cap anything yourself, or keep the flags contested and keep switching them between sides.
    Booooooo. Noooo. Go away!! Delete this post so wannabe-hardcore Hordies don't get any wild ideas

Everyone is praying to sweet baby Jesus it wont be a premade fest like WG..

I dont believe for a second it wont be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Everyone is praying to sweet baby Jesus it wont be a premade fest like WG..

I dont believe for a second it wont be.
    But that's not a problem. Pre-made AB is actually amazing, a good group works like clockwork. A good AB premade can cap all 5 bases and finish the game in a matter of minutes. And that's totally fine. The pre-made gets an all-out victory, the opponent doesn't even need to fight the pre-made and get stomped and feel bad, and can re-queue 2 mins later. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But that's not a problem. Pre-made AB is actually amazing, a good group works like clockwork. A good AB premade can cap all 5 bases and finish the game in a matter of minutes. And that's totally fine. The pre-made gets an all-out victory, the opponent doesn't even need to fight the pre-made and get stomped and feel bad, and can re-queue 2 mins later. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Are you trying to suggest me a full grp of randoms doesnt mind facing premades all day everyday?

Only neckbeards such as myself can play at hours when there are no premades...
    And even then...sometimes they happear at neckbeard hours.

Like today...i got a premade at 7 a.m on a wednesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the Horde have outrageous queues? Imagine waiting 30-45 mins for a BG just to get a premade so you don't even participate, and then have to queue and wait again and hope you don't get a premade.

So glad I have zero interest in Classic PVP. It sounds awful

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Doesn't the Horde have outrageous queues? Imagine waiting 30-45 mins for a BG just to get a premade so you don't even participate, and then have to queue and wait again and hope you don't get a premade.

Oh but that doesn't matter, at all. The Horde can enjoy its massive queue times, just like it enjoyed leveling with 0 threats of getting ganked, just like it farmed Alliance during the hell that was Honour-system-without-BG's, just like they camped flightpaths and made the game so unplayable that a server lost every single alliance player and is now 99% Horde (Firemaw or Flamegor, one of the two). The Hordies can enjoy their massive queue times while we alliance enjoy instant-queues (that had to be nerfed to 3 mins by Blizz themselves). Totally fair, totally just, there are positives and negatives in rolling the dominant faction.

Remains to be seen if the rankers plague ruin it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh but that doesn't matter, at all. The Horde can enjoy its massive queue times, just like it enjoyed leveling with 0 threats of getting ganked, just like it farmed Alliance during the hell that was Honour-system-without-BG's, just like they camped flightpaths and made the game so unplayable that a server lost every single alliance player and is now 99% Horde (Firemaw or Flamegor, one of the two). The Hordies can enjoy their massive queue times while we alliance enjoy instant-queues (that had to be nerfed to 3 mins by Blizz themselves). Totally fair, totally just, there are positives and negatives in rolling the dominant faction.
    If you rolled on a PVP server and didn't expect one side to be entirely dominant on said server, you basically did it to yourself. That's simply how the game works, it's been that way on live for years and years, very few actual "pvp" servers existed before Warmode because they were all so lopsided it didn't matter.

This also isn't a matter of "fair". Both sides deal with premades vs random BGs, they suck for everyone and shouldn't have been a thing, premades should be matched against premades and more things should be in place to prevent people from queueing like they do now. But it's Classic, so I guess you all just have to suffer.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-03-11 at 08:34 AM.

If you rolled on a PVP server and didn't expect one side to be entirely dominant on said server, you basically did it to yourself. That's simply how the game works, it's been that way on live for years and years, very few actual "pvp" servers existed before Warmode because they were all so lopsided it didn't matter.
    I rolled on a PVP server because in original Vanilla I was on an RP server, then a Normal (PVE) server. I never levelled/experienced Vanilla on a PVP server, so I thought I'd try it out.

ALL my current guildies who played vanilla on PVP servers told me it wasn't like that. Sure, there were PVP hotspots all over the world, but this level of camping flightpaths, degenerate play by the Horde was unprecedented. We're talking sickening practices man. I remember there was this 1 dude trying to get to BRD to help a guildie farm HOJ, and he got ganked on the way. Ok, sure, no probs. When he ressed a few yards forward, he got MIND CONTROLLED, the horde priest WALKED HIM BACK, so that he couldn't even make progress with corpse-running to get to BRD. Like, how sadistic do you have to be to do that kind of shit. Hence, I feel no sympathy for the Horde 1h queue times, just like they felt no sympathy treating us Alliance players the way they did. You come back from a 10hr day at the office, the last thing you want is degenerate Hordies messing up your playtime because "ZUG ZUG I NEED HONOUR I NEED GEARZ ZUG ZUG". People forget there's an actual human being controlling that character you are violating with your sick WPVP practices. It went above and beyond simple skirmishes mah dude.

This also isn't a matter of "fair". Both sides deal with premades vs random BGs, they suck for everyone and shouldn't have been a thing, premades should be matched against premades and more things should be in place to prevent people from queueing like they do now. But it's Classic, so I guess you all just have to suffer.
    Yea the PVP servers and battlegroups. Man, they use to represent a faction with a sense of pride and dominance. Miss the days where we had PVP servers and battlegroups.

Not in europe and my battlegroup.
    Over here WG queues are 3min all day, all night, all morning.

AND there are plenty of masochists solo-queueing (such as myself) against premades the entire day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled on a PVP server because in original Vanilla I was on an RP server, then a Normal (PVE) server. I never levelled/experienced Vanilla on a PVP server, so I thought I'd try it out.

ALL my current guildies who played vanilla on PVP servers told me it wasn't like that. Sure, there were PVP hotspots all over the world, but this level of camping flightpaths, degenerate play by the Horde was unprecedented. We're talking sickening practices man. I remember there was this 1 dude trying to get to BRD to help a guildie farm HOJ, and he got ganked on the way. Ok, sure, no probs. When he ressed a few yards forward, he got MIND CONTROLLED, the horde priest WALKED HIM BACK, so that he couldn't even make progress with corpse-running to get to BRD. Like, how sadistic do you have to be to do that kind of shit. Hence, I feel no sympathy for the Horde 1h queue times, just like they felt no sympathy treating us Alliance players the way they did. You come back from a 10hr day at the office, the last thing you want is degenerate Hordies messing up your playtime because "ZUG ZUG I NEED HONOUR I NEED GEARZ ZUG ZUG". People forget there's an actual human being controlling that character you are violating with your sick WPVP practices. It went above and beyond simple skirmishes mah dude.
    Mind Control trolling is nothing new. It's a pvp server, anything is fair game. Don't roll pvp anything if you want to have fun.

Funny how you have no sympathy and talk about there being a person behind the character blah blah, but go on to completely ignore the woes of other people simply because a small fraction of their faction act like shitters. Not everyone on the Horde are assholes, but the majority of them suffer from it.

Mind Control trolling is nothing new. It's a pvp server, anything is fair game. Don't roll pvp anything if you want to have fun.

Funny how you have no sympathy and talk about there being a person behind the character blah blah, but go on to completely ignore the woes of other people simply because a small fraction of their faction act like shitters. Not everyone on the Horde are assholes, but the majority of them suffer from it.
    Because I don't have sympathy for asshats that go out of their way to make a person's entertainment time miserable, regardless of if they're doing it for the lolz, or for the resource called "Honour". Knowingly ruining someone's playtime with your excuse being "But I need those 50 honour points" is sickening at best. Should I gank every single Hordie I see leveling in Feralas when I go get my DM buffs? With my gear I can literally 1shot them. Should I just make the fucker corpse run, "for the lolz"? No, I should not, cause it's low, and petty. Just like the whole fucking Horde on Classic, at least on my server. Every single one of them is petty. (they even actively break their own Honour-caps, that's how little they care about each other, let alone Alliance players)

You do realise there is a server where it got so unplayable for Alliance, they all transferred off, correct? The posts on the official forums were like "THE HORDE HAS WON! CONGRATULATIONS HORDE!". For being so petty, and so fucked up, that they turned their server into a version of Azeroth where the Alliance doesn't exist, only the Horde survived. They literally chill inside Ironforge, no problems. Woopdee fucking doo.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-03-11 at 10:45 AM.

It wasnt that bad in vanilla. Back then there were World pvp, but not like its been in classic. Now its just degenerate 24/7 camping of FP and questhubs. Back then I suppose people had less control over everything in the game compared to today. People rush what needs to be done and find themself bored. So what to do then? Be an annoying ganker, and that in masses. Theres not just the odd rogue here and there, its half of the faction trailing about camping places.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It wasnt that bad in vanilla. Back then there were World pvp, but not like its been in classic. Now its just degenerate 24/7 camping of FP and questhubs. Back then I suppose people had less control over everything in the game compared to today. People rush what needs to be done and find themself bored. So what to do then? Be an annoying ganker, and that in masses. Theres not just the odd rogue here and there, its half of the faction trailing about camping places.
    Precisely, everyone is rushing everything, noone is enjoying the game. 99% of people have sacrificed everything (Gul'Dan style) in the name of "Efficiency". Well guess what. I'm efficient in RL. I'm efficient 45h/week at the office. I'm efficient when I cook, when I bathe, when I live. You wanna know the only time where a person is allowed to NOT be efficient?

WHEN THEY'RE CHILLING ON THE PC AFTER A 10hDAY AT THE OFFICE AND WANNA DICK AROUND. That's when they're not efficient. And they come back home to...this state of the game. Disgusting.

Eye of the Storm is an amazing BG and so underrated.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator