Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Please be reminded that using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

hahahaha yeah right. The whole anniversary pvp event was filled with the above and they did nothing.

And yeah ban those multi boxers...freaking annyoing...killed mobs to get to a note and then a druid with his x amount of multi box druids fly in and empty out the node....

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, it must be hella lucrative. Imagine having 5 characters with maxed herbalism skill, each getting 3-4-5 from each node...
    Entirely anecdotal, but overall I've seen more multiboxers this expansion.
    Same here. I think the node sharing was one of the best changes they've made in the game but unfortunately it had this downside.

what happened? I have a few buddies who use bots but they didn't say anything and they're not banned so this must be something else

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    what happened? I have a few buddies who use bots but they didn't say anything and they're not banned so this must be something else
    "Buddies," eh?

What If you sleepover on your keyboard and receive 39 reports that you are afk?

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    Who doesn't use fishbot lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Absolutely not on retail. The last time I saw permanent NEVER OVERTURNED bans was back in early MoP.

Now? The most serious offenses get 3 months lmao
    i mean they do this all the time now, but ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    There's been a few stationary druids in the same guild spamming starfall and farming quills in drustvar for hours on end on my server. Reported them a few weeks back, gone now. *rubs chin*
    yeah ive seen these a few times, thunder isle they run around on designated path killing and looting, they are there for a few weeks then they all vanish.
    its cause blizz bans in waves, they dont ban just as they find them, its quite fun, i had a time where i was sat waiting for a rare on thunder isle for the book back in mop, saw a "multiboxer" running around all day, saw them vanish later, thought they just exited my max distance range.
    never saw them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I'm not sure though where the line is drawn. Like, making a macro that uses a skill every few seconds while you leave your PC is not ok, but making a macro that does a jump and casts a spell should be fine, better search for some article of sorts or get an official response. It's a lot of gray area regarding macro actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Mainly classic would be my guess. Last week I got suspended for a week for afk-ing in AV (not through some anti-afk tool though, just logged in at work sometimes and just came back every few minutes).
    It's a pretty clear line, but a lot of people seem to have issues understanding it.

If YOU make a button click - not automated.
    If software makes a click, unattended - automated.

Blizzard decided that KVMs and software that emulates them, to pass a keyboard or mouse click to several devices, is not automation.

Example:
    If I have 5 accounts, and I use software to tell 5 characters to move to point A - not automation, because that move would not happen without my input

If I have 5 accounts, and I use software that tells 5 characters to move to multiple points while I'm in the kitchen making a sandwich - automation.

I used to multibox, and it's a pretty clear distinction, but it's been nitpicked and argued over and FUDded for the entire existence of the game. You are free to disagree with Blizzard's stance on this, but they haven't changed their stance in 15 years. Person clicking button - not automation. Use of macros that fire from a button click from a person - not automation. Click = action, allowed, regardless if it's one character, or 40.

(For the record, I just beat up dungeons when i did it, I felt PvP was unfair, as you can't join a run where the other players can opt out of me being there, same for LFR or any auto-grouping.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Right.. a built in system where they very likely get overturned into a 2 week ban lmao.

PS: I liked your sig that showed a whopping 6 people in Duskwood, all from different realms too thanks to CRZ. Comedy gold lmao
    what? what fucking bot ban gets lowered to 2 weeks?

Also i love how you say "a whopping 6 people in duskwood all from different realms thanks to CRZ"
    That says 31... not 6... plus people from other realms do not show up in /who
    what are you smoking?

Oh also.

And this was a small gathering, you should see ToA.

Group screenshot of 2019's one. (August 2019)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-11 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Also i love how you say "a whopping 6 people in duskwood all from different realms thanks to CRZ"
    what are you smoking?

Oh also.

LOL dam alot worse then i was thinking classic really failed.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    hahahaha yeah right. The whole anniversary pvp event was filled with the above and they did nothing.

And yeah ban those multi boxers...freaking annyoing...killed mobs to get to a note and then a druid with his x amount of multi box druids fly in and empty out the node....
    That's.... not how nodes work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's.... not how nodes work at all.
    Aren't the nodes on a timer and/or having a cap of max 5 people looting before it disappears instantly?

Aren't the nodes on a timer and/or having a cap of max 5 people looting before it disappears instantly?
    Timer, just timer. I have gathered nodes after a full group of MBers ran buy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

what are you smoking?

Oh also.

What am i looking at here? pls explain

Timer, just timer. I have gathered nodes after a full group of MBers ran buy.
    Hmmm, then I must merely have been unlucky to see the nodes disappear in a flash after being piled upon by 5-team multiboxers.

Hmmm, then I must merely have been unlucky to see the nodes disappear in a flash after being piled upon by 5-team multiboxers.
    Often when that happens someone else was along before the MBer. The new system actually kind of annoys me on occasion, I love flying towards a node and it just poofs because someone looted it 15 seconds ago or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    What am i looking at here? pls explain
    Some gatherings on a server.
    the argent one is a yearly event that even blizzard attends.

Back in 2017 they showed up in full settup, but since then they hide in amongst us.

Often when that happens someone else was along before the MBer. The new system actually kind of annoys me on occasion, I love flying towards a node and it just poofs because someone looted it 15 seconds ago or whatever.
    Oooh yes, I am familiar with the feeling. Especially fun when one hasn't seen a node in a long-ass time, or an Anchor Weed even, only to have it fail as you collect it... -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it must be hella lucrative. Imagine having 5 characters with maxed herbalism skill, each getting 3-4-5 from each node...
    Entirely anecdotal, but overall I've seen more multiboxers this expansion.
    I almost want to go back to the system where it was first click, first loot. Almost, thanks to multiboxers.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    better then you go to collect a node, but someone lands same second you do, but their cast finishes a moment before you do.