https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/20...keilar-vpx.cnn

Now this is one of the most positive stories to come out of this whole shit storm situation. Elderly couple has girl buy their groceries, due to being scared to go into the supermarket and catching CV.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    This "pandemic" is pretty irrelevant outside of Wuhan.

News sites just need something to sell.
    I made this comment February 11. ...

Now I think I'm sick. It's hard to tell if I'm just getting REALLY bad allergies this season (I usually get allergies but this season, it's been worse than usual) or I have something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Singapore put out 14-day mandatory self-quarantine for Japan, Switzerland and the United Kingdom

But not the United States ?

Last edited by Poe; 2020-03-15 at 02:31 PM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I made this comment February 11. ...

Now I think I'm sick. It's hard to tell if I'm just getting REALLY bad allergies this season (I usually get allergies but this season, it's been worse than usual) or I have something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Singapore put out travel restrictions for Japan, Switzerland and the United Kingdom

But not the United States ?

I'm sure some still think it's still pretty irrelevant outside wuhan. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Why the fuck would china do this on purpose? You people need to think through your stupid shit before you spout off at the mouth.

China needs the world's population to keep their money flowing. If China did a bio attack win the world, all they would have done is hurt their own bottom line. It would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

This is the same reason we were never in real danger form North Korea. China would never let them injure the money train.
    They didn’t do it on purpose but their Wet markets create the perfect conditions for these viruses to make the jump from Animals to humans.

It happened with SARS and they temporarily banned the wet markets, then allowed them continue. Now it’s happened again with COVID-19 and it’s looking like the Wet Markets might get permanently shut down due to the economical damage. If they’re allowed to re-open again, as they did after SARS, then history will repeat itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Or we could just not be racist.
    To be fair, even conspiracy theories aside, if they would act immediately instead of trying to hush hush the whole thing or prosecuting the whostleblower doctor - there would be much less damage and deaths.

So yeah, not very impressed with China here.

7+ Year Old Account
    World must really force China to shutdown those wildlife markets. Thats just insane nobody talks about it loud enough after SARS and now COVID-19. For real, it is stupid to wait another result if you change nothing. As first action there must be worldwide shitstorm about these markets in China

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    China recently permanently banned all wet markets selling illegal animals.
    What about "legal" animals then? You still have the same torture, still the same unhygienic practices. Ban live animal markets entirely if those two things are apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    What about "legal" animals then? You still have the same torture. Ban live animal markets entirely if those two things are apparent.
    Yet Americans can't stop killing baby chicks.

still the same unhygienic practices
    Every wet market is different, there should be better and a Standard Hygienic Practice in China.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-15 at 03:59 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet Americans can't stop killing baby chicks.
    And?

I'm not American, but I'm pretty sure most slaughterhouses don't skin or boil animals alive. And have animal cruelty laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    And?
    You're fine with Torturing and Killing Live Baby Chicks in America in Slaughtering Factories?

And have animal cruelty laws.
    Not Cruel?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-15 at 03:31 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

On the bright side - a motivational piece to keep yourself and everyone else safe:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax
    To be fair, even conspiracy theories aside, if they would act immediately instead of trying to hush hush the whole thing or prosecuting the whostleblower doctor - there would be much less damage and deaths.
    Except, nope, it would have made no damned difference. Why? Because as we get more information from countries other than China it is now obvious that an overlooked source of transmission is the group who are not showing symptoms. That was unexpected and Jamaica was the first country to warn of it ... OK, maybe not Jamaica, but the "blame China for everything" crowd doesn't want to hear anything that might disturb the echo. [Early on, Chinese claims that it could be passed by those who didn't display symptoms were dismissed and some said it proved the Chinese were trying to cover up a larger number of infections.]

Particularly early on, China made plenty of errors and as the poo flinging match with the US gets more heated I expect we'll see more, but in the end ... look at how this has hit other countries and it should be clear that the cat was already out of the bag by the time anyone knew this wasn't flu.

World must really force China to shutdown those wildlife markets.
    Sovereignty ... it's a thing. Interesting that you talk as if "those wildlife markets" are something unique to China. They aren't. Many wet markets are little different from market halls in Europe or farmer's markets in the US. Wild boar, deer, those are examples of commonly eaten game.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Please watch guys:
    Love Dr. Mike. He always tries to explain issues in a clear and calm manner, and get the facts out instead of the muddied media version

Some of you are so focused on blaming China, when even after a national emergency was declared here in the USA, I just saw a person jokingly saying to someone, “trying to stay safe from the (finger air-quotes)virus(finger air-quotes)”.

When you have people downplaying the virus in the USA and you end up with people who don’t take it seriously, then we have a problem. Is China to blame for that too?

5+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck would china do this on purpose? You people need to think through your stupid shit before you spout off at the mouth.

China needs the world's population to keep their money flowing. If China did a bio attack win the world, all they would have done is hurt their own bottom line. It would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

This is the same reason we were never in real danger form North Korea. China would never let them injure the money train.
    Read again, it was due to neglience, not on purpose BUT after Sars....means they didn't care to learn their lesson then, snd now the world has to pay n that ain't right, so now we have to twist china's arm hard, so they get their shit together so we don't get spanish flu next time, also we don't know if corona might mutate n bevome worse..

We can't just shrug n continue like china's neglience is ok. There must be consequences, n yes I would say the same if this was Russia fucking up. I don't respect any country's food culture to put ip with all this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    so they get their shit together so we don't get spanish flu next time
    The Spanish Flu could of originated in America.

We can't just shrug n continue like china's neglience is ok.
    They permanently banned Illegal Animal Wet Markets.

not on purpose BUT after Sars....means they didn't care to learn their lesson then
    Sars was not a Pandemic.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-15 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things keep getting worst here in Portugal.
    Yeasterday 169 diagnosed cases
    Today 245 cases
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They created the conditions, first sars, now corona...what's next? They must be punished..
    Kindly take this false, racist, nation-bashing, shit argument out of here.

Every other country in the world has had more time and more information, and so far no one has been able to stop an outbreak. So to imply that the Chinese had any control over this with less is just fucking ignorant.

Obvious racist, nation-bashing, shit arguments are obvious.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    They didn’t do it on purpose but their Wet markets create the perfect conditions for these viruses to make the jump from Animals to humans.

It happened with SARS and they temporarily banned the wet markets, then allowed them continue. Now it’s happened again with COVID-19 and it’s looking like the Wet Markets might get permanently shut down due to the economical damage. If they’re allowed to re-open again, as they did after SARS, then history will repeat itself.
    Well before people just died, but it will be different once this settles down. No way can you expect all the stock markets to suffer and world economies to go on hold just so wet markets can continue as they have.

I would think China is smart enough to see that and improve regulation and safety conditions, but worse case scenario they do nothing to improve their wet market industry and pretend it didn't come from China. In that case, I think China will find a collective boot coming down on them eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Things keep getting worst here in Portugal.
    Yeasterday 169 diagnosed cases
    Today 245 cases
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/
    Spain has seen a huge spike the last few days.

Their case count went from 3146 to 7753 in less than 3 days. That's a +146% increase.
    Their death count went from 86 to 291 in the same time. That's a +238% increase.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils