Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Blaming golden alone isnt fair and people should have realized by now. She may be involved more now that shes an official employee, but there are other people to blame. Her name is on the cover of books, so shes the scapegoat, but she didn't develop the stories for wow, asassins creed, star wars, d&d or star trek. She wrote them down. Thats a big difference.
    It's danuser and his team that actually tell her what she has to write. They deserve to be blamed.
    She was the one that made Anduin into main character, she is constantly proud of the fact so we can blame her for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The dude literally confirmed they indeed rehashed MOP story just changing some shit to not be identical

I guess when their strategy of "its not the same thing guys" could not work anymore, they come to say "it was our plan to be the same all along guys"

Who the heck wanted to re-watch this story but much more worse? who wanted to be remember for the 1847° time what the horde means? who wanted to se AGAIN, a ""Distrust among the inner circle that led to an uprising"

And in the end the story didn't grow or change, (if you exclude the retardation of removing the warchief to put a council because induced actively the outcome and because no one wanted Baine warchief), in fact became worse, because they tried to do something we already had but with his signature instead, and he even said in a straight face he is proud of it, i can't believe he still working in the lore after this fiasco

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    She was the one that made Anduin into main character, she is constantly proud of the fact so we can blame her for that.
    however made him son of Varian, since vanilla, made him a main character...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Who the heck wanted to re-watch this story but much more worse? who wanted to be remember for the 1847° time what the horde means? who wanted to se AGAIN, a ""Distrust among the inner circle that led to an uprising"
    honestly they didn't even pull that off.

It was such a railroad you'd think this was their first time DM'ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz remind me of..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yani9841 View Post
    honestly they didn't even pull that off.

It was such a railroad you'd think this was their first time DM'ing.
    i was reading the interview but i had to stop, i can't believe he serious believe in what he said, i can only think of him smiling and giggling in every asnwer

He said: "The Horde believed that, by putting the wise Vol'jin in place as warchief, their future was secure. But they hadn't changed the underlying structures or practices that enabled Garrosh's tyranny in the first place" im sorry what, they already have something like that, the mak'gora, and they could use in both times, and its not like they understand the mistake to not let that happen again, like, not making her warchief, or challenging her before it was too late>

Like you said, its rly look it was his first time DM'ing, tried to copy another story adapting in his own way rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm sorry, did I say WoD wasn't bad? Besides, despite its many flaws your arguments against it are weak. AU Socrethar became a demon only after we got there so why wouldn't he be alive before our arrival? And why would MU KJ warn other KJs? There's no guarantee that other Kil'Jaedens would accept Sargeras' gift, meaning he'd be warning potential enemies. And once they'd take the gift it'd be too late for the warning. On top of that he has a personal grudge against the MU Velen in particular. That doesn't translate to him having a grudge against all Velens everywhere. Meanwhile BfA is filled to the brim with plot armor thicker than the Great Wall of China for multiple parties involved, there are multiple deus ex machinas throughout the expansion and the ultimate threat of N'Zoth was solved because the master planner of the Old Gods forgot to take Xal'atath from his prisoner that wanted to kill him with it. But do go on on how WoD is the only expansion that's nonsensical.
    u really want answers?
    Socrethar as draenei in AU is not same as AU, but as demon he is one in both, how, and why the AU demons aren't acting at all like they know us and know what we can and did do already?
    Why KJ as demon didn't warn his still AU eredar self that Velen will betray him to just confirm the AU total victory for eredar ?
    U mention 'time won't be enough' but Velen literally escape in neck of time after the gift, he only escaped because KJ was expecting velen to accept it not run away, if he gets a warning during the gift - from the AU sargeras since they confirmed titans have AU version of themselves - he only has to tell btw velen plan to escape and done, no draenei ever
    Deus Ex happens in warcraft since days of wc2, when Gul'dan betrayed the horde and saved the alliance from fall, not something new, but AU and MU are 2 different ppl but one and same now that's bullsh8t

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    however made him son of Varian, since vanilla, made him a main character...
    ehm, no
    he existed like many npcs with just random generic story
    His exact personality and traits are her own creation and she did gloat about it at least once on twitter
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ehm, no
    His exact personality and traits are her own creation and she did gloat about it at least once on twitter
    he was going to be a main character with her traits or not, he was the heir of the alliance throne

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Lol, really, ignorant as ever.

And he kind of admitted they straight up lied to the fans when saying Sylvanas won't be Garrosh 2.0. - No instead she's a Garrosh 2.0 with nuances... with a shade of purple maybe?

These old white men at Blizzard are just complacent dickheads. If they haven't learned how to make a good expac or tell a good story by now, they most likely never will.
    I find it funny how your signature somewhat contradicts what you say But OT: Sylvanas has been so different from Garrosh that I just don't get how people can compare them. Okay, she caused similar events but her personality, her motivations... everything that is of importance is different. And we still don't know how her story ends either. And he does admit that they made mistakes so not completely ignorant either.

You just want to hate something, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You just want to hate something, don't you?
    People tend to hate lying, smug assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, he speaks as a representative of Blizzard, not as a private person. But to be honest I'm sick and tired of them saying "Yeah, we learned a lot from that,..." bla bla. They were saying that in WoD already, look where it got us. Downwards. What the heck. Seems like everyone at the WoW devs office is still in the I'm only the intern-phase of employment, even after 12 years working as a dev... holy shit.
    It's hard to take someone that misses Pandaria seriously. An expansion that kicked off the budget quality class design.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    It's hard to take someone that misses Pandaria seriously. An expansion that kicked off the budget quality class design.
    MoP had Warlock at its best. Level of design all other classes should aspire to. Instead, rest of the devs were scared of actualy having to put some effort into their job so they managed to get Xelnath fired. WoD was the expansion that started the pruning and gutting.

Isn't this dude the Sylvanas SIMP? His opinion regarding the storytelling in BFA is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Isn't this dude the Sylvanas SIMP? His opinion regarding the storytelling in BFA is invalid.
    Unfortunately, his opinion is VERY valid since he is one of the people that decide where the story goes.

And if he says he likes it, then we can expect more.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ehm, no
    I'd say his presence as prince of stormwind with regents and advisors since vanilla indicates a little more than a "generic story"

He was going to be something regardless of Golden's intentions.

edit:

a similar case is present for Jaina and Nathanos who existed in the story prior to golden and Danuser getting their hands on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    These characters have a long way to go, and many more lessons to learn.

More moral lessons to learn. Oh the joy...
    Pretty much confirms that Tyrande and those Night Elves still pissed about Teldrassil are eventually just going to get a wag of the finger and a stern talking to, for having the audacity to disagree with Golden Boy and his pet bull.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    She wasn't Garrosh 2.0.

Because when people were showing concerns of that, the repeated issue was "Another raid to kill another warchief". Over and over again, this idea was presented and hated that we would end the expansion with Sylvanas as the final boss.

And she wasn't.

Although really unsure why you think race has anything to do with this. If they never knew how to make a "good expansion" or "tell a good story", dunno why you'd be invested in it in the first place.
    The only thing they did was to give a dialogue option to horde player's for some moments in the story. To side with x/y .
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Pretty much confirms that Tyrande and those Night Elves still pissed about Teldrassil are eventually just going to get a wag of the finger and a stern talking to, for having the audacity to disagree with Golden Boy and his pet bull.
    This 13000 years old warmonger needs to learn another lesson from our beautiful boy king.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This 13000 years old warmonger needs to learn another lesson from our beautiful boy king.
    no amount of experience equals to 17 year old MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    what is it with these ancient beings that have outlived whole civilizations and the need for them to take notes from some being that has yet to see 30 cycles of the seasons?

10+ Year Old Account
    the storytelling was good in the way they delivered...cinematics and cutscenes were on point. They have to improve but what they did with a 15 yo game is impressive.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire