Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Id have a switch if it has the streaming capabilities of my PS4 since it is my "Smart TV" Service on my living room TV. Also I would be playing on an Xbox right now had they not totally stepped on their dick and made it $100.00 more then the PS4 at release. I still have my Release PS4 that runs perfectly fine and is used daily if not for games for Netflix, or other streaming service, I was a huge Xbox fan before the Xbox One, but they immediately killed the console with the initial price tag and the fact that you had to download every game even if you bought a hard copy initially. I have thought about a switch for traveling to play some Warframe or Diablo, but beyond that no real reason to own one if it cannot provide the streaming options my PS4 has.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Somehow i don't think you know what is actually on any given Nintendo console but do go on....
    I mean, i own a 3DS (even homebrewed it). And sure, there is a browser and YouTube, etc but they are as performant as internet explorer 1 (hence the homebrew to make the console useful). Also you can't download files. Or what do you mean?

Because the games are about as deep as a puddle. Younger people expect a different kind of service nowadays. They want to master a game, and use that game mastery to continue playing it over a longer period of time.

Nintendo simply doesn't offer many games like that, and the ones that they do (SSB)? Obviously they're the popular ones with younger people.

There are some really, really good experiences on the Switch - Namely Odyssey and BOTW - but they're one-and-done games the vast majority of people play once and never play again. Switch is absolutely begging for an exclusive ARPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    LOL, really? Okay, to each their own, but I would suggest reviewing the library.
    Everything on there runs slower than my smartphone. The touchscreen is worse. Entering websites takes ages. Sound is mediocre. Long loading times.
    A Nintendo device is for games only. As a multimedia device they are just inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Everything on there runs slower than my smartphone.
    Please show me how fast your smart phone runs BoTW, SMO, Xenoblade 2, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Splatoon 2, Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3. I will be waiting. Hell the Switch even has ports of AAA PC/PS4 games like Witcher 3 and Doom go ahead and show me how fast your phone is running them, also I'll still be waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol.

Switch was literally the most sold console in the US, EU and Japan for the last 2 years. Switch is also way ahead of PS4 in LTD sales in Japan in spite of releasing 3.5 years after it. It's not even close so the "that includes Japan" comment is especially laughable.
    total sales of switch so far is 52.48 million, total ps4 106.0M, but yeah sure 52 is bigger when it is nintendo right ?
    Of course last 2 years switch will beat ps4, because most ppl already have it, and most ppl won't buy a ps in its last year when ps5 is literally max 7 months away (unless corona virus change that)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Please show me how fast your smart phone runs BoTW, SMO, Xenoblade 2, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Splatoon 2, Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3. I will be waiting. Hell the Switch even has ports of AAA PC/PS4 games like Witcher 3 and Doom go ahead and show me how fast your phone is running them, also I'll still be waiting.
    I haven't tried W3 but Doom on Switch really, really impressed me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    because everyone want to play the mainstream game
    can u tell me last time nintendo was mainstream ? xbox dominate usa (at least) ps4 dominate most of world
    then comes switch, not a single country last time i checked has switch as most dominating console, that includes japan itself
    Switch sales suprass those of the PS4 in Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Mario and Zelda are both ridiculously popular, and the latest games in both were huge hits. Not to mention that Pokemon is also Nintendo.

2 of those franchises are in the top 10 highest grossing media franchises of all time, namely Mario and Pokemon. That also includes Pokemon as the literal highest grossing franchise of *ALL TIME*. I think that pretty definitively puts Nintendo in the "Mainstream" category
    of course Nintendo has strong start, they are at least 20 years ahead of sony first device, heck most ppl childhood is nintendo or to less extent sega, no one has playstation because by time it was released i was already near my 20s
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I mean the Switch is a pretty popular system.

Nintendo just lost the battle of 3rd party games on their system which limited their library for a couple generations. This turns a lot of kids away. They lost them mostly because they wanted to use gimmicky controls and honestly sell lower powered hardware. Secondly, at least to me, because it seems fairly obvious Sony and Microsoft make global product targets whereas it feels Nintendo is very Japanese first product target and hope it fits in the world type of targets.

The Switch kind of shows they may have a plan to reverse that a little bit and turned the gimmick to the mobile/home design instead of "have you seen how stupid this controller is" stuff which is a massive positive. The ability to take it on the go or at home I think in a way excuses its lesser power system specs. It's control scheme fit right into line with the Xbox and PlayStation control schemes which makes cross platforming easier.

Sadly though, I think it will take Nintendo deciding to launch a power house home system that smacks Xbox and Sony around to ever become the king again and I doubt they will attempt it. Their IPs sell hardware right now. They are sitting on a mountain of cash from the past. In the end I think Nintendo is not to angry about being the side console. Microsoft and Xbox fight for everyone's front and center. Nintendo is the cheaper system you can take on the go with beloved IPs you can also play at home while still having a healthy market share.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    Switch sales suprass those of the PS4 in Japan.
    while switch did dedicate an entire column for sales in japan, sadly nothing about how many ps sold in japan
    the only note there is they beat nintendo, but that was pre-switch era, do they still beat them or not no idea
    But ppl talking about only last 2 years of course switch beat any console last 2 years, both xbox and ps are elders in console lifetime, and they will be shot down literally this year (unless corona screw it, as some ppl expect)
    Thrall

total sales of switch so far is 52.48 million, total ps4 106.0M, but yeah sure 52 is bigger when it is nintendo right ?
    Of course last 2 years switch will beat ps4, because most ppl already have it, and most ppl won't buy a ps in its last year when ps5 is literally max 7 months away (unless corona virus change that)
    Now go go look at what PS4 sales where at, at the exact same point in it's life as Switch currently is. OH WAIT, almost exact same pace.

You claimed Switch isn't even top console in Japan when it is literally shit stomping the PS4 in Japan and already passed it in LTD sales months and months ago in spite of being far younger.

You claimed Xbox dominated american sales which is flat out laughable.

I get you might live in Egypt according to your profile and don't understand the world as a whole but this is simple google searches my dude. Nobody is taking you serious if you think the Switch isn't selling great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Nintendo just lost the battle of 3rd party games on their system which limited their library for a couple generations. This turns a lot of kids away. They lost them mostly because they wanted to use gimmicky controls and honestly sell lower powered hardware.
    not just that
    nintendo refuse to sell their hardwares with loss, unlike sony and microsoft, who even show off how much they lose money in manufacture of their console, they expect to compensate for that by software sales, but (no idea about ps1 era) ps or xbox price never had profit in it, according to their statements at least
    Thrall

while switch did dedicate an entire column for sales in japan, sadly nothing about how many ps sold in japan
    https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/fami...3-9-20-3-15-20

12,048,646‬ Switchs sold in Japan LTD
    8,892,116 PS4s sold in Japan LTD

PS4 released in Japan Febuary 2014, Switch released March 2017 over a full 3 years later and is absolutely shit stomping the PS4 in sales pace in Japan are you insane? Hell look at the top 30 sold games in Japan any given week the VAST VAST majority of them are Switch games not PS4 games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-19 at 08:37 PM.

I bought a Switch day 1. I bought a PS4 last year when it was 200$ with Spiderman included. I do most of my gaming on PC and Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now go go look at what PS4 sales where at, at the exact same point in it's life as Switch currently is. OH WAIT, almost exact same pace.

You claimed Switch isn't even top console in Japan when it is literally shit stomping the PS4 in Japan and already passed it in LTD sales months and months ago in spite of being far younger.
    there are exactly 3 known consoles, of course switch will be in 'top 3', when there is only 3
    And yeah according to my link switch beat ps4 in sales, but u pretty much ignored that ps4 had a ~ 5 years prior to switch release, pls add that to them, in case u forgot that ps4 is a granny now
    and u can also check in the ps4 link how it state they control europe market by 70%, not usa one

edit : nvm seems u got link finally instead of estimation, guess japan part was wrong at least
    still doesn't change fact that switch so far didn't even half ps4 sales
    I'm more surprised ppl still buy ps4, when ps5 is out this year, not to mention ps4 hardware is very outdated that most smartphones have better hardware than it
    can't they wait for just 6 months (unless corona f8ck it up)?
    Last edited by sam86; 2020-03-19 at 08:40 PM.
    Thrall

guess japan part was wrong at least
    Your entire take is wrong, not just that. PS4 sold 16 million consoles last FY if you think it's sales have slowed down significantly you're wrong, and yet the Switch topped it the last 2 years. Switch is selling at almost exact same pace PS4 sold at launch date aligned, if you think the PS4 is significantly ahead for any other reason then releasing more then 3 years before it well bad news... you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No, Nintendo keeps releasing the same games for the last 20 years.

The 40-50 year olds that grew up with them, keep/kept buying them cause of nostalgia, their kids end up playing a bit until they reach the age where they understand that there are more "fun" games to play with friends, than to play alone.

I have literally seen this with every single younger kid i have known since 2005 or so, cousins, neighbors and familiars and their children, they all converted to something else and didnt touch Nintendo games after the age of 12-13 or so, whether it was LoL or something else.

Despite that, its the secondary choice for many, from multiple people i know, its literally PC + Nintendo, for others that dont use PC to game, its PS4+Nintendo (At least for down here, Xbox isnt as famous).

Eventually Nintendo needs to shape up, cause the next generation wont be buying them cause of nostalgia.

Of course, economy comes into play, i had 2 parents come and ask me "Whats the cheapest way for their 10 year old to play Fortnite" cause they keep crying about it, of course answer is console, and it aint a Nintendo one.
    I am 34 and still buying their systems and I love gaming but I am not a hardcore gamer as I once was, so it appeals to a large variety of people.

Gaming is going to change because of mobile games, unfortunately it is an inevitability. The upside to all this change is when mobile practices become more dominant across all gaming platforms the true standouts will be the one time purchase with no micro transactions, the real games will stick out beautifully from the disgusting polluted ocean of games and we will know which developers actually love the craft and not just the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Everything on there runs slower than my smartphone. The touchscreen is worse. Entering websites takes ages. Sound is mediocre. Long loading times.
    A Nintendo device is for games only. As a multimedia device they are just inferior.
    Entering websites?

Doesn't have Fortnite I guess?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV