Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

What new back slot appearance types do you want in Shadowlands?

To be honest, I'm happy with anything that isn't a cloak, as long as it matches my transmog.

What about you? Is there a specific back slot type that you would like to see in Shadowlands?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-03-21 at 02:18 PM.

The title typo is too much to ignore but I'll try my best.

I have heavily enjoyed the Tauren heritage and now the backpack from wrathion, and haven't thought about much of this concept's future but hope they can some how continue to match that creativity level.

If I had to think on the topic though, I'd love to see more visually interesting options for other armor slots than back at this point.
    Like how the Artifact had so many unique animations and effects alongside it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The title typo is too much to ignore but I'll try my best.

I have heavily enjoyed the Tauren heritage and now the backpack from wrathion, and haven't thought about much of this concept's future but hope they can some how continue to match that creativity level.

If I had to think on the topic though, I'd love to see more visually interesting options for other armor slots than back at this point.
    Like how the Artifact had so many unique animations and effects alongside it.
    Yeah, this is kinda why you proofread. I've got it fixed now... I think.

I just want decent, more impressive looking capes.

Listen to me, listen closely.

Plain, solid color capes...that's it. No weird border design.

No wolf fur at the top

Just make different colors of the Fine Crimson Cloak

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    Not covenant-specific, but if they do Pandaren Heritage armor I'd like a proper Keg at the back.
    Kupo.

10+ Year Old Account
    until they learn how to make cloaks that are 3d.. they might as well not add any at all. im so tired of these straight pieces of cardboard hanging off our shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

In no particular order, just what comes to mind:

- More backpacks for sure
    - Totems?
    - Someone already said it, but solid-color cloaks without borders or other dumb textures
    - Wings?
    - Some weird Engineering or Alchemy contraptions
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think wings are the best answer. If they can double as a mount it'd be extra cool.

Weapon sheathes/cozies for things like swords/axes would probably be a close second.

Maybe tails could fit for the slot as well, though maybe that's more of a "leg" item...

Otherwise, things like quivers, ammo bags, giant librams/spellbooks, totems, scrolls, ritualistic symbols (Shadow Hunter back braces), skull collections, drums, battle-standard flags, rocket packs, runes, tattoos, or various profession equipment like giant flasks, a freaking anvil, a basket of herbs/fish, etc. could also go on the back.

Some creatures could probably drop specific things. Like, turtles or snail enemies maybe dropping giant shells. Bears, wolves etc. dropping actual pelts that drape over the character properly and look like pelts.

To a MUCH lesser extent a lot of doodads in the game could also be back items like your characters is just lugging something around and it happens to offer protection. A statues, doors, trees, a dingy, a giant magic focus, anything.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-03-21 at 03:34 PM.

Quivers
    Cloaks that are a bit more 3d then they have been like if they have fur near the top, then that fur actually puffs up when you put it on, perhaps having a hood attached
    … and I can't think of anything that we aren't already getting in some form
    Last edited by Psykho; 2020-03-21 at 03:12 PM.

I would actually like CLOACKS like real ones that doesn't feel like a kid putting a sheet around his neck to pretend he is a super hero.

You should be able to put the hood on (like DAOC allowed you to) and it should go over the shoulders...

Exemple :

10+ Year Old Account
    A scabbard!

Venthyr could get cool capes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The addition of backpacks I hope continues. I want some sillier options like a proper Grummelpack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I would actually like CLOACKS like real ones that doesn't feel like a kid putting a sheet around his neck to pretend he is a super hero.

You should be able to put the hood on (like DAOC allowed you to) and it should go over the shoulders...

Exemple :

There are definitely some good options there with the Kul'tiran leather set.

Though speaking of the kul'tirans, I will never forgive them for hogging the best looking overcoat 'mog for their racial set.

AND a helmet that doesn't remove my hair? Take my goddamn money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

New cloaks and cloak physics, my god we need those.

3+ Year Old Account

Would there be an option to lower the hood somewhere?

And I'd love it if some of your hair was still visible while wearing one, like Sylvanas has
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Listen to me, listen closely.

Plain, solid color capes...that's it. No weird border design.

Just make different colors of the Fine Crimson Cloak

That would be amazing. Especially if they allowed characters of all levels to wear them.

Scabbards/sheathes. Or just random sheathed weapons. I wanna like like a 1-man army!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Would there be an option to lower the hood somewhere?

And I'd love it if some of your hair was still visible while wearing one, like Sylvanas has
    In DAoC you could lower hoods with a slash command (/hood IIRC, it's been a loooooong time).

I'd be fine with hoodless cloaks, but being able to drape them all the way closed is a necessity. They're pretty pointless if you can't do that.