Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    why?

Imagine paying someone for you to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Imagine paying someone for you to play the game.
    your self awareness is pretty low.

You are assuming that "play the game" means the same for ALL players that it means for you. look outside yourself for a moment.

To some "play the game" means getting achievements.

Some pet battles

Some PVP

Some making gold

Some leveling alts

Some Raiding (this sounds like you)

Some just doing quests

think about it a bit more and please report back.

GDKP and other selling runs have been commonplace since WotLK, at the least. It's not the new anything. As for whether or not it's good? Well, it's keeping players invested in the game, so that's a win.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Selling carries is hardly new, its just more prominent now that the WOW Token exists. The token provides more gold for the runs and something meaningful to buy for the gold received for the runs.

your self awareness is pretty low.

You are assuming that "play the game" means the same for ALL players that it means for you. look outside yourself for a moment.

To some "play the game" means getting achievements.

Some pet battles

Some PVP

Some making gold

Some leveling alts

Some Raiding (this sounds like you)

Some just doing quests

think about it a bit more and please report back.
    Stop stating the obvious, im sorry you have to take carrys.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the game promoted "Improving ones self", it wouldt be this rampant, but Blizzard supports treating the game as a singleplayer game via LFR, the more boosting the better, let them pay 100.000s of gold for whats easy for good players.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I wish it was banned in trade chat is all
    It feels really lame seeing trade be spammed with paragraph long messages about the carry and whats being sold
    Last edited by Divinex; 2020-03-26 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Trade servers? "barely above mats costs" is still beter than what I deal with. Superior Flasks on my server are a 400g loss even considering procs for most of them... i dont understand why people even make them to sell unless they arent smart enough to check how much the actually mats they are farming would sell for vs the flasks.
    Better trade servers with Djuntas, he seems to be the only one making lots of gold from crafting...

People who make money from bracer shuffle etc., do you count all the time spent clicking that goddamn button? Or do you count it as "zero time spent". I found out most people who claim "I earn millions with 5 mins of effort a day" severely underestimate the time they spend. Crafting, restocking mats, scrapping, scanning for deals, posting trade macro if they buy mats in bulk, reposting the expired / undercut stuff, it all takes time and it's usually told to people that it's "nothing". You can speed up crafting with the glove enchant but the rest, not by much.

Boosting developed into organized thing with all the "communities" so people who actually perform the boost are not the same people who sit in trade and spam for hours. I'd rather spend 2h boosting in a raid and earn 200k than spend 2h herbing which is much more boring and probably less gold per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Stop stating the obvious, im sorry you have to take carrys.

you not only have low EQ you also don't listen much (dont fret , they are related personality disorders, and can easily be addressed. first step is recognizing problem).

Anyway... might be hard for you to believe but some people in the world are not just like you and think and feel differently about things than the way you do. You think red is the best color. some people thinks its blue. You are both correct. get it ?

I dont HAVE to take carry's I WANT to. get it?

I can explain this to you but cant understand it for you
    Last edited by Thzz; 2020-03-26 at 06:16 PM.

As someone who finds no joy in professions or the auction house I can understand wanting to make gold in alternative ways, but it's really obnoxious as a player scrolling through the finder trying to find groups to play with and instead seeing all the advertisements. The finder is meant to find groups to play with and I hate having to sift through all the garbage. As a player I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the finder to be able to fulfill its function to the best of its ability. I shouldn't have to deal with all these non-groups that would serve more appropriately in the auction house rather than a group finder.

Been a part of it for a few months, but really, its super annoying coming back to the game and thats all you find in tradechat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    I think it's bad, because it promotes absurd inflation left and right. Blizzard seems ok though since the tokens are flowing.
    Guilds were selling SWP runs, BT clears for chance at warglaives, etc as far back as BC. But sure, lets pretend this is a token thing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Its bad for new players, good for established players.

Bad for new players because it moves all standards up. For instance, wanna do normal mode nya'lotha? Need heroic nzoth achievement. Now, yeah, "just find a guild", but a lot of people prefer to pug and boosting has definitely increased the requirements to get into a pug. I was joining pugs back in WoTLK and TBC by just typing "i do 2k dps" or "i do 6k dps" or whatever. Now its like applying for a job stacking shelves. You need 3 degrees, 69 GCSEs, 10 years experience, but if you're over the age of 25 they're not interested and you also need to be in a job when you apply.

Good for established players, because it greatly helps with alts. 70k for a +15 boost on your shitty alt in greens. Do that for 6 weeks and you've got full 480 azerite and 6 corrupted 475 items to choose from.

Arena boosting will always be cancer imo, ruins competitiveness.

My friends and I sell a weekly 15x5 keys a week. We do it for around 250k, since we don't really need that much gold, and it's a ton cheaper than everyone else on our realm (400kish) so we get buyers almost instantly.

Easy 300k each per week. It's not a lot of gold, but piles up week after week since we don't spend it on anything apart from flasks/pots/food.

Beats flying around herbing/mining VS botters.

One of our mates is a seasoned gladiator and he sells carries for million+

Boosting is the new farming method.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Now, yeah, "just find a guild", but a lot of people prefer to pug and boosting has definitely increased the requirements to get into a pug.
    Tbh this complaint makes about as much sense as saying some people prefer casual hookups to being in a relationship and then complaining about STDs. Sorry, if you prefer to pug then you take it with all the disease it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    As someone who finds no joy in professions or the auction house I can understand wanting to make gold in alternative ways, but it's really obnoxious as a player scrolling through the finder trying to find groups to play with and instead seeing all the advertisements. The finder is meant to find groups to play with and I hate having to sift through all the garbage. As a player I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the finder to be able to fulfill its function to the best of its ability. I shouldn't have to deal with all these non-groups that would serve more appropriately in the auction house rather than a group finder.
    Report it, dunno if badboy addon works for it too, I stopped using it in some addon pruning wave I did on my setup, so not sure.

But generally advertising in group finder is reportable and people can get muted / banned for it. Blizz even added option "report for advertisement". Official policy afaik says trade chat only.

No and No and Lolz. love the omgzz I'm AH end boss you all suck posts . They are either BS from people who like to hear themselves talk or they are pumping their youtube videos on how to do this and that which is mostly time consuming waste of time where you could make more just gathering herbs if so inclined.

But I will say, given there are so many servers, I am sure some have gotten lucky with economy at that server and can still grind out great profits. (mix of number of AH grinders vs number of gatherers, general server pop and demographics, product demand etc) . Those are the exception for sure.
    Dude, .....Spend 20 mins on reddit wow economy and come back to me. Jesus. I have a link in my bio if you wanna see what 5 million profit in 1 month looks like for 8.3 AH play is real, but again Im glad people dont think it is so even on high pop competition is not to bad.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

you not only have low EQ
    Lmao. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    I’ve made about ~6.5M this patch just getting this kids cloak up to rank 15. Didn’t even care about mask, just wanted the quest done.

But my profits on the AH suck ass now that it’s the lul between expacs. Bracer shuffle isn’t profitable anymore, so many fuckers making pots with Silas that they tanked the market and they are usually posted at a loss. (1.7 proc rate in tsm). Contracts and tomes still make a small profit. Transmog moves even slower. Cooking does ok on reset day.

So yeah..... selling runs is WAAAAY more time efficient for me
    Yeah, alchemy is retarded. On Kazzak it's just pathetic. I threw about 200k gold for mats to craft pots with Silas, averaging ~1.8 proc rate and I've only made somewhere around 20k profit on reset day with some babysitting. Flasks went to 660g but then some retard just brought it down to 530g while the costing craft was about 940g. That's just dogshit not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    In WoW you can do that with legacy raids. There are some good methods to get decent gold/hour, look them up if you're interested. Gathering is indeed boring, heavily reliant on economy, and also you have to compete with bots/multiboxers. You don't compete with anyone clearing old instances. I'm mentioning this because it sounds as if you're proposing it as a dichotomy of boosting vs. gathering professions. That's certainly not so.
    None of that is like what i'm talking about. There's just nothing in retail WoW that can really compare to what you can do in XIV. In classic you could run BRD to greedroll everything and you'd make a similar amount of gold by vendoring whatever you get, but in retail running current content and selling drops only affords your repairs.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-03-26 at 11:13 PM.

Pugged a chill normal last night - 470+ dude wanted to come. He was a mix of heroic (lowest ilvl he had), mythic raid, and mythic+15 gear.

He did 15-18k dps and had to be removed. Clearly, without a doubt, he simply purchased multiple +15 runs, a couple of heroic clears, and at least one partial mythic clear. We had players with 425 ilvl beating him on the first 3 bosses, and i had to remove him - not BECAUSE he purchased all his gear, but because his performance was on par with someone around 400-410 ilvl.