10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This is Detroit and these are the types of memos and discussions hospitals are having, there are tons of doctors sounding the alarm. There is nowhere for them to go the virus is everywhere and no one wants those patients.
    The post you originally responded to merely said that the US wasn't there "yet", not that we're never going to get there.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Source?

/10
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/25/81994...=1585346094646

You have lots of ICU beds on average, however they are distributed so unevenly some places are truly fucked. Also your hospitals are private so their equipment isn't available to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so in other news. Apparently Ministry of Health released an open source app to cross patients location tracking data with your GPS history (since the moment of installation), so it can notify you if you were near known patient at any time, even before he got confirmed.

They received emergency powers to track known patients' historical locations using counter-terrorism capabilities. The app uses a service that crosses your location history and time with that data for all patients.

Naturally it only works in Israel, because it crosses with the data from Israeli MoH.

Source code: https://github.com/MohGovIL/hamagen-react-native

Looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I am the bringer of (somewhat) good news:
    https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...ID-IHU-2-1.pdf
    If this works in more studies, we'd found the crack in the wall.
    That should be valuable to the clinical trials that will begin in NY Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Because the rate of infection is falling/no growing ATM. With current policies in place the fucking virus wont have more hosts to infect.
    You don't really have the data to support this, though.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That should be valuable to the clinical trials that will begin in NY Tuesday.
    If this proves to work, i'll pop a champgne. It'd be like watching the rohirrim charge against the orcish troops, but the cavalry are molecules of HQC an Z-pack
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-27 at 10:02 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OK, so in other news. Apparently Ministry of Health released an open source app to cross patients location tracking data with your GPS history (since the moment of installation), so it can notify you if you were near known patient at any time, even before he got confirmed.

They received emergency powers to track known patients' historical locations using counter-terrorism capabilities. The app crosses your location history and time with that data for all patients.

Naturally it only works in Israel, because it crosses with the data from Israeli MoH.

Source code: https://github.com/MohGovIL/hamagen-react-native

Looks like this:

Sounds like something you should be using against Hamas and Hizbollah.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Sounds like something you should be using against Hamas and Hizbollah.
    We do, it's what's intended for.

Basically we have our own NSA and government temporarily makes use of it for this purpose.

Here's some extra info: https://govextra.gov.il/ministry-of-...p/download-en/
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-27 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Study on new coronavirus says warmer weather may slow COVID-19 spread, and cooler weather may accelerate it

Qasim Bukhari, a computational neuroscientist, and Yusuf Jameel, an environmental scientist, both from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), set out to explore that question and discover if weather could slow or stop its spread. They found in their study titled "Will the coronavirus pandemic diminish by summer?" that, in short, for most of the world, the new coronavirus won't diminish come summertime.

"Based on the current data on the spread of 2019-nCoV [or SARS-CoV-2, which causes the illness COVID-19], we hypothesize that the lower number of cases in tropical countries might be due to warm humid conditions, under which the spread of the virus might be slower as has been observed for other viruses," Bukhari and Jameel wrote in the research paper.

But, they cautioned, "The underlying reasoning behind this relationship is still not clear." When contacted by AccuWeather this week, the researchers elaborated on their work.

"Our key findings are that so far at absolute humidity levels above 10 g/m3, the spread of the cases appears to be slower than at places with absolute humidity levels less than 10 g/m3," Jameel told AccuWeather in an email. According to the National Weather Service, absolute humidity is "expressed as grams of water vapor per cubic meter volume of air" and "is a measure of the actual amount of water vapor (moisture) in the air, regardless of the air's temperature," which is what the above measurement refers to.

Relative humidity is a measure of how close the air is to saturation at a specific temperature. Using absolute humidity allows the temperature to be taken out of the calculations.

Their research found that countries with warmer and more humid climates, like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and other southeast Asian countries saw a lower growth rate.

-----------------------

Fuck...I hate humidity.
    It's humid as fuck in Louisiana.

Guess where the most rapid spike of cases in the US is right now?

Take this shit with a grain of salt. Unless we are absolutely sure that these tropical countries are doing widespread testing, and unless they are being completely honest about their results, the reason for lower rates of COVID-19 cases is just as likely (perhaps more likely) to be because we don't actually know how many people are infected in those countries.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The weather might help or hinder the virus, but it wont stop it. So its largely pointless.

Also its not like we can ask the weather to be hotter or colder even if it did.

Imagine if Trump got the virus today, Boris and Trump in one swoop. That would be quite the world event.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uusimaa is now cut off from the rest of Finland. The police are stopping all cars. Obviously force majeure traffic is allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Unlikely to happen yet in the USA. There are a lot of local hospitals. My local state still has <1000 so surely there are some hospitals around that still have ventilators. But regardless, it’s still concerning that at <1000 there are already hospitals that have all ventilators in use.
    I heard a similar argument in Italy, Best healthcare in Europe, tons of capacity,...

This is a Jewish website, but they claim; Coronavirus Update #11: Rate of Infections Falling Steeply
    This specific locale is in Brooklyn.

10+ Year Old Account
    A century ago that may have been impressive...when there was less than a couple of billion.
    do you understand how percentages work?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump is reading out inventory lists again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Ask local law enforcement if what she did constitutes a demeanor or felony, they should be able to tell you and also should be able how to act. You should be able to do so anonymously, and you should also be able to tip of law enforcement anonymously. There should also be info available online.
    how would i do that if the person in question is in another county?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

...all late and shit...

US will certainly run out of medical supplies like ventilators.

Why make extra ventilators that you dont normally need when making money is the main goal. The money spent on ventilators sitting around in normal times could be better spent on share holders!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Sorry to botter, but daily cases have been decreasing in the past 3 day in switzerland how the hell you got that number today?
    Deaths:
    Today 234 (+89, latest count)
    Yesterday 145 (+55)
    Thursday 90 (+20)
    Wednesday 70

Steady progression.

As for cases, part of the reason I guess is that the testing is ramping up.

Thursday's noon count was around 10.5k, the current (Friday's late evening ) is 13k. Given that lately we were doing around around 2k tests per day, with them restricted to peoples at risk mistly, with statistics of around 12% positives since the beginning of the outbreak, I'd say they were able to significantly ramp up testing.

Maybe also that antibody blood test they've been talking about has started being used, so number are getting inflated with mild cases and healthy carriers. Especially since they were talking about doing those in priority on care givers.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Sorry to botter, but daily cases have been decreasing in the past 3 day in switzerland how the hell you got that number today?
    You get infected before you die. New infections doesn't correlate with the daily deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

And now he is doing Boeing and Apple commercials.

WTF is this circus.