Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is this true?
    No.
    /tenchar

Would be cool if the server copy approach would allow to copy even if paid too a different region ,

Moving back to EU soon would be nice to not have to start again

In an ideal world - copy your character to TBC server AND leave it on the classic too. Switch at will, play what you want at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i wonder how fast 25 hc lk would go down
    Fast, but probably slower than people think. That HP pool was stupidly high after all and it is not like the people who killed him back then did not know what to do and couldnt execute the tactics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone had suggested mirroring all the servers into TBC, so keeping 1 copy of each server on classic and 1 copy of each server in TBC.

Of course you'd have to condense servers down after that as the communities won't be the same, but that'd solve the issue of forcing people to transfer characters or what have you

Private servers survive for years while being Classic-only. But blizzard wants to Jump ship to TBC after just a few months into classic launch? and here i thought there would be an actual meaning to this version of classic.. and not expansions..

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Considering their last shareholder call said half of current WoW subscriptions were playing classic exclusively its kind of a no brainer isn't it?
    HAHAHAHAHA, you lot crack me up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Private servers survive for years while being Classic-only. But blizzard wants to Jump ship to TBC after just a few months into classic launch? and here i thought there would be an actual meaning to this version of classic.. and not expansions..
    You mean the completely free private servers?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this true?
    No, its not...

15+ Year Old Account
    Because classic wow came out 2 days after they announced it and not like 2 years

It's a survey. Its fucking lightyears away

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    No, it's under NDA that all thse mongoloids gladly brushed away
    You have to actually sign something for there to actually be an NDA. That's the whole point of it being, you know, an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They also specified in the fucking email, that this was to be an NDA and to not talk about it. Dipshit.
    I'm sure it's been, or will be said multiple times in this thread, receiving a "confidential, please destroy if wrong recipient" email means jack shit. Just as much as receiving an "NDA" email.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm sure it's been, or will be said multiple times in this thread, receiving a "confidential, please destroy if wrong recipient" email means jack shit. Just as much as receiving an "NDA" email.
    No, hes right, everyone is going to get their mmo-c account BANNED for talking about it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    I don't see why it is out of the realm of possibility of having several, if not all, expansions running concurrently for the same sub fee.
    Because if they could just release old, already created versions of the game and have people playing them, then why would shareholders and their holding company allow them to keep investing money in new products? That's why, lol.

"Jumps ship"
    If they leave WoW Classic up, what's it to you? Just play Classic, do Naxxramas 80 times.
    Let people who want to play TBC play TBC.
    A lot of people prefer it over classic. If it "splits the playerbase", that's just because people are playing what they want, no?
    Don't force people into your version of the game, that's selfish.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They also specified in the fucking email, that this was to be an NDA and to not talk about it. Dipshit.
    Who's going to enforce it? How? It's hedging and nothing but an empty threat in an attempt to control some unforeseen fallout and narrative.

Besides these questions were part of the original survey years ago in the months before Classic was announced iirc. Now they're just starting to become more relevant.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Because if they could just release old, already created versions of the game and have people playing them, then why would shareholders and their holding company allow them to keep investing money in new products? That's why, lol.
    ...did you follow WoW Classic development at all, or did you forget that it took them over a year since announcement to release a "old, already created game"?
    There's development that has to go into it. It's not like they're just booting up servers on the old TBC client.

I can't wait to roll up a character on TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I wouldn’t mind start at 1 if they did it in a way where they released fresh vanilla servers 6 months early that were the dedicated “tbc” servers.

Rather than start at 1 with tbc already opened.
    I'd prefer this if Draenei and Blood Elves were playable, as I'm going to reroll Draenei Shaman for TBC Classic (if it releases, yeah yeah.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this true?

Because i spent 5 pages in another thread trying to prove that by simple logic...and people pretty much ganged up on me and tried to put me down.
    Doubtful, if it was in fact true someone would be posting the audio of the call, or at the very least the transcript where it was said.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    True, the only reason people play Classic is because the quests aren't available in retail anymore.....

Lmao strong logic
    Yay, I get to play these worse, more annoying and less humorous quests! That's exactly why I play Classic!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    ...did you follow WoW Classic development at all, or did you forget that it took them over a year since announcement to release a "old, already created game"?
    There's development that has to go into it. It's not like they're just booting up servers on the old TBC client.
    Stupid argument is stupid. Yes they have to prepare the client, and yes it takes a bit of ingenuity to get it working, but the product itself is an already created product. If they could just have every past version of the game running at once that the player base just picks and chooses to take part in, it's going to be pretty hard for the developers to justify spending hundreds of millions of dollars on investing in new expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Stupid argument is stupid. Yes they have to prepare the client, and yes it takes a bit of ingenuity to get it working, but the product itself is an already created product. If they could just have every past version of the game running at once that the player base just picks and chooses to take part in, it's going to be pretty hard for the developers to justify spending hundreds of millions of dollars on investing in new expansions.
    How come Nintendo kept making games if they can just re-release their old games on the Nintendo E-Shop? People were still buying them!

Even with a server dedicated to every WoW expansion that has EVER released, they wouldn't get close to the amount of Subs WoW had at its peak in WotLK.

The games evolve. Change over time. People still play retail despite the fact that classic is available. And despite what some here would have you think, we don't know who has more players.

Why keep making Classic wow if Retail has more players?
    What's your answer to that?

Also, "stupid argument is stupid." What the fuck are you? 12? Is this 2006 internet? Oh wait. Your profile picture. Your "location." You really are 12.
    Last edited by jzhbee; 2020-03-28 at 04:03 AM.