Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Same, people got classic, isn't that enough wasted dev time.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait it's not April 1st yet..
    Let's repeat it again for the braindead people in here.

There's. Not. Wasted. Development. Time.
    There'a a skeleton crew making miniscule changes to classic that has NOTHING to do with actual retail development. I'm not sure how many times this has to be repeated so that people can get it through their head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I heard you liked a split community so we split your already split community even more.
    What could possibly go wrong..
    Think. Please think.

How many people out there want TBC classic but don't play vanilla classic because they don't like vanilla?

Lots. LOTS AND LOTS.

it'll hurt the classic community size no doubt, but there'll still be enough people for healthy consolidated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Think. Please think.

How many people out there want TBC classic but don't play vanilla classic because they don't like vanilla?

Lots. LOTS AND LOTS.

it'll hurt the classic community size no doubt, but there'll still be enough people for healthy consolidated servers.
    Im one of those who dont play classic vanilla but will play tbc if it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Think. Please think.

Lots. LOTS AND LOTS.

dont care one bit about the classic community, this will take even more players away from retail, which in turn will give blizzard even less incentive to fix their shit. Why spend money creating new stuff when they get paid the same for old rehashed shit ?

10+ Year Old Account
    dont care one bit about the classic community, this will take even more players away from retail, which in turn will give blizzard even less incentive to fix their shit. Why spend money creating new stuff when they get paid the same for old rehashed shit ?
    Because the old rehashed shit is 100x better than the new current shit?

I mean, TBC content is basically in game right now as it existed 15 years ago with the exception of ZA as a raid. I do wish they would allow players to transfer their classic characters to live and reintegrate the classic zones into live. Make timewalking relevant for all content as well.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

So... Well, maybe I’ll even have a chance to play my dr.fem. warrior in "old form". That somehow inspires a little
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-03-29 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I mean, TBC content is basically in game right now as it existed 15 years ago with the exception of ZA as a raid. I do wish they would allow players to transfer their classic characters to live and reintegrate the classic zones into live. Make timewalking relevant for all content as well.
    ye, besides the fact that the zones are the same and raids are still there everything else is completely different.. literally everything

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard you liked a split community so we split your already split community even more.
    What could possibly go wrong..
    What community? Retail has no community.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The zones and quests sure, but that's not all an expansion is. You can't experience the classes anymore as they were. That's what I love about these, I get to re-experience the play style of a lost time period

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Because I don't want our raiders taking a break from/"quitting" retail for a delusional 1-month nostalgia trip.
    So you don't want people to get something that they will enjoy for completely selfish reasons. Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I thought that was the whole point of this forum. Just look at the High Elf Megathread. It's all about people arguing against something that other people may get enjoyment from.
    Yeah, it's not enough for some people to be happy, they have to make others are unahppy at the same time.

would love to see TBC classic, classic is what it is, but TBC was when I most enjoyed the game. Felt like a lot of the issues I had with classic back in the day were addressed in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Yeah, it's not enough for some people to be happy, they have to make others are unahppy at the same time.
    Misery loves company.

TBC servers will be just like Classic servers. A surge of players then a month or two later, numbers will tank and servers will be fucking ghost towns. Blizzard is desperate to get more subs because they probably know Shadowlands is likely going to tank as well. They need to just let this game die already and make something completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I hope they don't make TBC servers.
    They've clearly already made them.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Why? If you don't want to play on it then don't, but why actively be against something that other people may get enjoyment from?
    The question becomes does this change affect the way you play? If they get rid of classic servers by releasing an expansion? If they don't get rid of classic servers and classic turns into ghost towns? If they do nothing and people get bored and stop playing and turn into ghost towns?

Why be actively against something? because in reality - no matter the change, it's going to affect classic even if they leave classic "as is" after Naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Same, people got classic, isn't that enough wasted dev time.
    It's not wasted time if enough people pay to play - hint: The market decides... not someone who doesn't like classic.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Can't wait for the WoD and BfA servers!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Good news. Lost all interest in classic when I realized how dogshit the endgame is.
    TBC is much more fleshed out and actually allows you to play all classes and specs to their full potential.

I shudder to think how bad it is at Blizzard right now if you would rather be a Dungeons and Dragons Community Manager at Wizards of the Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    I shudder to think how bad it is at Blizzard right now if you would rather be a Dungeons and Dragons Community Manager at Wizards of the Coast.
    The most likely reason for her departure was remuneration.