Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All you do is make threads shitting on WoW and complaining that Shadowlands is going to suck. Do you really have nothing better to do?

Also are you incapable of comprehending how hype works? There was a lot of excitement around Blizzcon, when we first learned about it, but since we have no information, discussion has died down. There are LOADS of videos about Shadowlands on Youtube, but they all cover everything we know. So what are you expecting people to discuss or make videos about?

Unlike you, most people who come here don't just make threads to shit on things they know nothing about. So you'll have to wait until new information is released for new discussions to arise.

None of that takes into account the fact most of us know that what they say at Blizzcon and what ends up making it into the expansion can sometimes be very different. So most of us reserve judgement until we see what they're actually implementing, which until we see an Alpha/Beta build, we can't do. So again, unless we fancy making threads just to shit on things we don't know anything about (which most of us don't) we will be fairly quiet about Shadowlands for the time being. I feel safe in saying I think most of us wish you would do the same honestly.

What would have made the expansion better even by a small margin if not a large one is the addition of say hero classes in the form of Warden for Night Elves and Worgen and Dark Ranger for Blood Elves and Undead.

While sharing pairred abilities with different visual asthetics this would have been the opportunity to add both these classes as given the theme of this expansion and the story/lore of the situation at the moment they would be pretty interesting additions, even if I do admit another night elf/blood elf exclusive class would be overkill.

Mail armour archer/melee class with a focus on melee oriented heal/support while being a ranged dps with arcane (warden) or shadow (ranger) themed abilities.

All they needed was something more than just a hollow announcement with a few additional features, Shadowlands basically feels like a giant patch with some QoL features, thats the issue.

The other issue is the leveling idea, sure, revamping things back to vanillia level 60 is not gonna hurt in theory but in practice it just means your leveling 1-50 in any continent then 50-60 in shadowlands, really it should be leveling from 1-60 anywhere you want and doing content exclusive to shadowlands in order to incentivise better gearing.

In 14, you can use duty finder to do older content at a higher level while still farming tokens to remain relevent, again, something that was semi-available in WOTLK and Cata right up till the end of MoP, and shoud have been there since time immemorium.

Instead... they've cut back so much content while trying to act like theres so much to do, once you hit 50 everything previously is irrelevent, and everything in 60 is the only thing that matters.

In an effort to prune the leveling they've just accented it even more which is sad and ironic.

If they really wanted a choose your own adventure thing, give the new starting isle some story around time travel and how disaster is impending across all of Azeroths various timelines, gives players an excuse to go back and forth to said starting isle and travel to the various timelines.

Hell you can even use that as a way to add some impending future story hooks regarding time travel and what ever the disaster in the future is that needs to be prevented, hinting some things about each expansion that leads to some more meaningful event later (Im looking at you chromie).

The issue is, again, they wont do this, it requires mountains of effort and time to programme the system so that leveling is fair game on any expansion, and it'd "devalue the current content" which is funny because the current content already has "no value" sorry to be blunt, people are leaving 8.3 in droves, with the only reason some have returned is that 100% xp boost till mid april.

Once that vanishes, the interest in wow, will inevitably follow.

Im not saying wow is dying but if blizz thinks a bandaid to a bigger issue will fix the quandry, they're sadly mistaken, they need to do more, alot more, they should have gone back to the drawing board and delayed Shadowlands with an 8.3.5 or even 8.4 patch buildup.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2020-03-31 at 03:41 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Well we’re still waiting for the Alpha, once that comes out then there will be more discussion. As for being BfA 3.0 what exactly was BfA 2.0? Plus Bellular’s videos are so clickbaity these days I can’t really take them seriously

As for why it’s taking so long well I think you can probably guess why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    We don't know anything? And what we know is meh at best. mary sue Kerrigan-Sylvanas Is at the center, again. Covenants Is another "Let us borrow this power for our class cause otherwise the class is shit" system and a seemingly endless tower running instance? Like, we don't know anything and what we know Is barely any hype. Also coronavirus making delays so yeah.

What I hope Is happening Is blizzard sees all the backlash against the covenant system being another "Borrowed power" thing, which was one of the major reasons loosing our artifacts and leveling during BfA felt so shit, cause we lost power, felt super weak, and then got slightly stronger over time. They NEED to look at classes and make them good WITHOUT ANY EXTERNAL NON-CLASS SPECIFIC SYSTEMS. And THEN add ontop of the classes If its appropriate, but stop giving us borrowed powers from here and there and over yonder. We've had enough of It for 3 expansions.

I've made, foolishly so, 10 new characters to level with the 100 % boost going on right now. Playing alot of old specs I knew and new ones and I'm barely lvl 30 on each of them and I already feel how freakin boring they feel. It's so obvious how our classes right now relly on Azerite and corruption to even feel good ENOUGH. Literally most of these classes have two buttons, for the sake of It I made: Beastmaster Hunter, Destro Lock, Outlaw Rogue, Assassin Rogue, Subtlety Rogue, Ret Paladin, Survival Hunter, Feral Druid, Elemental Shaman, Enchancement Shaman, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest... I had 2 extra chars to level at lvl 70 already.

And all of them feel lacking abilities and a core concept and fantasy feeling. They truly feel like a spec of their own Instead of their class and even then their spec is pretty shit and lackluster. The only class out of those I kinda liked and had fun playingw as the Destro Lock, felt powerful somehow and I'm still sub lvl 30 on them all bar my Outlaw rogue and Ret paladin.

So if Blizzard's promise of unpruning classes is true, they will RE-ADD abilities they removed to the class, PvP abilities intergrated BACK Into PvE and PvP both where they belonged and from THAT default class stance, build more abilities, more talents and a better class core and they need to spend months and months on this.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Stop crying about "No Beta"

And again with the speaking for everyone else. Your opinion is just that, your opinion.

I do agree with the unpruning thing too, a GCD removal wouldnt hurt, they messed up epicly with that one.

But even then ... its really a case of, id rather they delayed Shadowlands an entire year, made another patch and fixed whats ruined BFA to something partially acceptable, then finish up and move into Beta.

Atm...

Shadowlands is the defintion of once bitten twice shy, we've all tasted what bad blizzard content looks like now, we've seen Cata, Wod, BFA, we know that blizzards quality isnt what it used to be, they've got lazier, and more timid with their productions, they are afraid to commit to quality over delay and say nothing tactics.

Because hey, its hype as hell if people get nothing for 6 months to wonder about?

Wrong, hype is generated by giving tidbits, teasers, snippets, something to work with, and indulge the tastebuds, even if its tiny trailers, artwork, filler stuff, and no, not more bloody books, the books are not helping.

Only a fraction of the wow base buys the novels and less care to read the synopsis or summary, meaning most of the books mean nothing at all.

Id actually rather they worked on a full animated series, than more books if they insisted on making another filler that wasnt content in game. Then of course theres the playerbase, people are hurt from the way the faction war both began and ended, it felt bitter, alliance never really got a proper fist bump moment, Horde basically got shafted by its own death of the author storytelling.

Nobody ended up satisfied with BFA because BFA killed so many good ideas, even the old gods, one of my absoleute favourate antagonists became a filler patch.

You're not hyped? But they need your money! Be hyped.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2020-03-31 at 04:00 PM.

Boy, wanna get excited for that cutscene about Sylvanas being the best thing ever forever again?

No?

O-okay. G-get hype!

Between nothing shown since Blizzcon and a worldwide pandemic, why would people have hype for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because all we got right now is encrypted files.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Them promising no rng was the only thing I needed for hype. I don't care about anything else - just don't go rng grindfestfest like bfa/legion and it'll be the best expansion for me on par with mop and wod.

Concept seems dumb, sylvanas is a more boring version of garrosh just with tits, and bfa was a trainwreck of a expac with system that crippled what good content they had.

People are gauging how much they will be required to grind chores to get to the content they want to do and deciding if it's worth buying rather then getting hyped .

Hearing about how talents are going to be locked behind rep isn't promising the fact ap is surviving as well less so.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually OK with this. Encrypted Alphas that nobody can datamine, etc. Gives me more to look forward to. I can promise you that Blizz has learned from past issues and will make Shadowlands worthwhile. Just my $.02.

simply becasue we got to a point where you are looked down uppon if you do not hate anything blizzard related. Try to say anything positive about wow or any other blizzard game on reddit where its not the main focus. Like gaming subs in general, you are downvoted to shit, even tho what you say is not a shitpost or stuff like that. The blizzard bad circlejerk is really strong now days and thats why people are not talking that much about SL. Because you get almost attacked if you do.

There are other reasons aswell tho. Like the fact we hardly know anything. As soon as alpha/beta starts and we start getting more info about the game. The hype will start to rise, but so will the hatewagon

What's there to get excited about?

Never before done features?
    Gameplay overhauls oriented towards fun?
    AI improvements?
    New classes?
    Different ways of playing the game?
    Better lore/writing?
    More focus on players helping each other?

This is a serious fucking question: what's supposed to excite you after all the broken promises and unfounded hype of every expansion since Cataclysm?

You'll log in grind rep, get bored, log in another character like a conditioned lab rat, or go to another game till next patch.

Considering we have received nothing but radio silence for ~6 months now, what is there to be hyped about?

quick answer, imo, for you: no one is hyped for round number 3 of next cheap shit, next grind, next bad class design and nothing new.

for me personally, no hype at all. why ? simple:

- when i look at todays blizz, i assume next xpac is next cash grab transport medium for tokens, services, shop
    - when i look at todays blizz, i assume next xpac is next cheap shit cost effective production
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of same grind, same shit
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of same recycling shit
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of same cheap lore
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of bad class design
    - nothing that hypes me of existing informations (because not really anything new, no class, etc)
    - no alpha or further informations
    - no reasons to believe above points are wrong

there is maybe a 1% hope, that next xpac has somewhat more quality in content and class design, since they argumented a bit in that direction at blizzcon. also slight hope for better alt gaming.

but since i lost any hope in blizz and foremost the wow team, i have 99 other percents for the points above, that completely kill every possible hype. so, no, not hyped at all. and i play that game since 15 years without interruption and was one of the persons hyped for BfA when half of community lost interests already. just sayin...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-03-31 at 04:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No shit there is no hype, they went radio silent right after the expansion announcement.

Once the alpha starts people are gonna be all over it just like every time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No shit there is no hype, they went radio silent right after the expansion announcement.

Once the alpha starts people are gonna be all over it just like every time.
    ppl will be around. as always. but if you count them, i will bet a pizza, your counted number will be much much smaller than before Legion AND before BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    quick answer, imo, for you: no one is hyped for round number 3 of next cheap shit, next grind, next bad class design and nothing new.

for me personally, no hype at all. why ? simple:

- when i look at todays blizz, i assume next xpac is next cash grab transport medium for tokens, paid services, shop, etc
    - when i look at todays blizz, i assume next xpac is next cheap shit cost effective production
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of same grind, same shit
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of same recycling shit
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of same cheap lore
    - when i look at last xpacs, i assume next xpac is next round of bad class design
    - nothing that hypes me of existing informations (because not really anything new, no class, etc)
    - no alpha or further informations
    - no reasons to believe, above points are wrong

there is maybe a 1% hope, that next xpac has somewhat more quality in content and class design, since they argumented a bit in that direction at blizzcon. also slight hope for better alt gaming.

but since i lost any hope in blizz and foremost the wow team, i have 99% other percents for the points above, that completely kill every possible hype. so, no, not hyped at all.
    By reading your post i consider myself lucky
    Because i only like to PvP and WoW is my MOBA game.
    So i almost never get tired of playing.

I just did today 5 conquest point caps with my Brewmaster Monk in 2v2...got 1450 rating ROFLMAO, im happy for it