Poll: Which is better?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    My Thunderfury and Winterspring mount would disagree.
    And no one will care for those since you will fly and even if tf is viable in tbc there are better or equal weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Your vanilla gear will mean shit
    Naxx Gear is equivalent to 5man Heroic Epics, so that's wrong already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone starts at 60.
    Case Closed.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Everyone starts at 60.
    Case Closed.
    lol, no, i dont want to have a boosted character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    lol, no, i dont want to have a boosted character
    Well either that or start from 1, I am not too bothered. As long as people can't copy from Classic to TBC.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone starts at 60.
    Case Closed.
    You can't just say case closed and try to invalidate everyone else's opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Naxx Gear is equivalent to 5man Heroic Epics, so that's wrong already.
    No, you're the one who's wrong.

The kelthuzad og naxx drops are ilvl 89.

105-110 are the 5man heroic TBC drops

You can literally view the old loot on wowwiki if you don't believe me.

But you probably won't. You'll probably carry on thinking you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    But you probably won't. You'll probably carry on thinking you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Is every item that close? Nope, but it still shows how strong Naxx loot is.

Well either that or start from 1, I am not too bothered. As long as people can't copy from Classic to TBC.
    why not? i dont think many people want to leave their characters

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the gold argument. I keep seeing people bring it up but far as I can tell it's just like when we upgraded from Vanilla to BC the first time. Some people had a ton of money, some people didn't. The market shook out accordingly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Probably the gold argument. I keep seeing people bring it up but far as I can tell it's just like when we upgraded from Vanilla to BC the first time. Some people had a ton of money, some people didn't. The market shook out accordingly.
    i guess the difference this time is that the gold people have is on an extreme level or something idk

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i guess the difference this time is that the gold people have is on an extreme level or something idk
    Frankly IDK if it's even that far out of line on the top end. Just people are used to everyone being filthy rich, not just a handful of people per server due to the rarity of valuable materials.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave Classic be Classic, leave TBC be TBC.
    -K

Can someone tell me what this whole Gold issue is all about with transferring to TBC?

Im just slightly confused as the game is the same as it was back then and it moved to TBC and no one was against gold then, I personally have 400G on my char which is about what I had for Vanilla before TBC,

Is it just due to people being better at making gold these days compared to back then?

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    Im just slightly confused as the game is the same as it was back then and it moved to TBC and no one was against gold then, I personally have 400G on my char which is about what I had for Vanilla before TBC
    You had less information going around, you didn't have X different Youtubers / Streamers talking about what one should carry over into TBC or "stuff to do before TBC".
    Like, i don't think most people knew that TBC had swift flying that did cost 5k Gold back in early 2007, now people know that and will obviously attempt to save at least 5k Gold moving into TBC (because seriously, no one wants to be stuck with 60% flying any second longer than they have to).

Same goes for the crafting materials, people also know that certain craftable items in TBC that can be acquired early on are going to be BiS for the majority of TBC going forward.

Also, three out of the four options presented by Blizzard involve transferring to another server (or you having to create a new character), which is not how TBC happened, as every server was upgraded to TBC.

The last thing i want to tack on here is the fact that this effect would become less of a problem down the line once expansions like Wotlk (might) happen, because crafting isn't much of a deal anymore nor can you acquire relatively sought after things with gold (such as swift flying).

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    Is it just due to people being better at making gold these days compared to back then?
    Well, you have:
    1.People that abused Layering to acquire insane amounts of Black Lotus
    2.Addons like TSM make it extremely easy to play the AH or make a profit with crafting in general.
    3.Farm strats that generate gold are extremely widespread nowadays (Jump Runs, Lasher Farming, Maraudon mass pulls, etc.)
    4.People know what items are going to explode in terms of value once a certain phase hits and buy them while they're cheap (such as Powerful Mojo once ZG hits or Nature Resistance with AQ).

Stuff like Golden Pearls sold on my server for like pieces of silver initially and spiked up to 40g in the past once enchanters got the Spelldamage recipe out of MC.
    If you had invested 10g within the first week into golden pearls, you would have made like hundreds of gold as profit weeks later.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-04-04 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I think more than anything the biggest thing people don't want is to see their game waste away into oblivion which is exactly what would happen if Blizzard never adds anything to Classic post-Naxx. There will be a few active servers, I'm sure... but the overall playerbase will be greatly diminished from what we have now.
    So what you want is a classic+? Doesn’t this defeat the idea of Classic and start the game on a new evolutionary tangent?

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    So what you want is a classic+? Doesn’t this defeat the idea of Classic and start the game on a new evolutionary tangent?
    That's clearly not what they said. Maybe they do want classic+, maybe they don't. What they said was simply leaving the servers to stagnate after naxx would result in an extreme dropoff of players, and I agree 100%.

I really have no clue why anyone talks about classic+ at all. All the evidence (and there is a LOT now) suggests things will progress into TBC.

Originally (pre classic launch) I thought this was very unlikely, until they made the comment about their choice of patches and frameworks making a transition to TBC much easier. From that moment on I was very confident they planned to push into TBC, and there has only been further confirmation of this since.

Imo, all that is left to see is a timeline for release, how they will handle the servers (transfers, copies, etc) and what latch they will base it on.

I find any conversation about a possible classic+ to be really strange given the strong evidence pointing to tbc.

i think I would prefer our current server to be made TBC. If they go with server staying vanilla, I'm certain they will be merge at some point and people will also ask for fresh classic server, leaving the old realm with only a fraction of it population.

I know I will get stone for this but I would also like the a mix of option 1 and 2, Server going TBC and be able to make level 58. They could do like they did with new expansion and allow the creation of one 58 by account, that way people that are deterrent by the long 1-58 grind could join in. But if they do the XP they did in 2.3, that leveling will already be less painful.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Leave Classic be Classic, leave TBC be TBC.
    yes but bring ur characters along

Did Blizzard at least confirmed that there will be TBC servers?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Leave the classic servers as they are, since they already have classic-related names too. Instead make copies of these servers and give them new TBC-related names and free up unused character names.

This way no transfers/copying is needed.
    Basically this.
    Being able to play the same character in Classic Vanilla, then still have that character available at cap 60, but also have another version of that character be carried to a TBC server, would be my preferred way for them to go about it.
    That way you'll never have an issue. Having people be able to say "hmm, what dungeons do I want to run today?" and literally be able to choose to play whatever it is in the correct environment would be great.
    Sometimes I want to play Vanilla content at level, sometimes TBC content at level, sometimes WotLK content at level.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water