Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are you happy about this exactly?
    So we can get a vp pick made and start actually running seriously against the actual opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Why am I happy?

Because Bernie and his camp were assbags in 2016 and didn't do anything to fix it in 2020.
    Because Bernie and his campaign represented a clear and present danger to getting Trump reelected in 2020.

Bernie has always lived in a fantasy world that had no chance of ever coming to pass in the US and the sooner that he gets out of the picture the faster we can actually get progressive reforms instead of magical Bernie bullshit.

Trump and Bernie have turned US politics into a zero sum game and the faster both of them are out of the picture the better.
    Yeah, why would non-centrists even try! Fuck everyone that thinks things could ever be better

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yeah, why would non-centrists even try! Fuck everyone that thinks things could ever be better
    Your definition of centrist does not align with US political reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    The anti malarkey avatar is like my lucky charm. Dunno if I can ever change it.

I'd also like to thank reps Clyburn and Lewis for showing the way.

With the primary no longer contested. Obama can finally get out there and unleash his endorsement and get to campaigning.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Why am I happy?

Because Bernie and his camp were assbags in 2016 and didn't do anything to fix it in 2020.
    Because Bernie and his campaign represented a clear and present danger to getting Trump reelected in 2020.

Bernie has always lived in a fantasy world that had no chance of ever coming to pass in the US and the sooner that he gets out of the picture the faster we can actually get progressive reforms instead of magical Bernie bullshit.

Trump and Bernie have turned US politics into a zero sum game and the faster both of them are out of the picture the better.
    No offense but not even Biden is selling himself as progressive just a return to normal. You have to be on several levels of high to be pitching him as anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Have you actually seen ANY of Bidens live streams? He's going to get obliterated.
    You do remember he's running against Trump right?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The most disappointing thing from all of this is, we had a diverse bunch of qualified candidates and now the one who is left is literally to me, the most boring and uninspiring. This country needs more than that.

I actually originally started off by saying, "This country deserves better than that", but now? Do we? I am not so sure when you look at all of the destructive policies we have put in place over the decades. But I will say, the younger generations are the ones who will be feeling the heat more than ever now.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding me...or maybe I'm misunderstanding you...

I'm talking about party members (or at least people who are reliable voters for a particular party). That doesn't apply to you unless I'm mistaken.

So yes, you are a voter, and your vote counts. But if you usually vote third party then your vote isn't ultimately one that matters in the presidential race (I don't intend to be mean, but it's just the reality of it). If you historically voted R and you decide to now vote third party then yes, you'd be a +1 for the D side by my math. But I don't think that applies.

But if you historically vote for the libertarian third party candidate every 4 years then you are always +0 to either side and thus continuing that behavior doesn't have an impact on the race.

If you decide to vote FOR a D or R then you are a +1 for that side. And, I suppose a -1 for the third party side.
    No, I get your point of view. You are specifically talking about those who are already in one of the two parties.

When it comes to the Bernie supporters who won't vote for Biden, they are idealists and zealots... and not really Democrats. If they swear they will vote for Trump, then they are Trumpsters, and should be treated as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Wave 2 and 3 of the virus are a given, it will be a problem until we have a vaccine or treatment.
    Probably. But we don't know when or how bad. The implication is mail in voting is the only options when we may have relatively safe and unencumbered elections in November.

Not to mention states that are blue would be willing to expand voting via legislation so I'm not sure why Trump has the advantage. The SCOTUS wouldn't strike down a state legislature modifying the election.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanders is finally suspending his campaign.

Looks like 4 more years of Trump...
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

No offense but not even Biden is selling himself as progressive just a return to normal. You have to be on several levels of high to be pitching him as anything else.
    Biden is not my ideal candidate, but he has a shot at winning. Bernie did not. At least Biden will nominate liberal judges and have a shot at taking back the Senate in 2022.

The fact of the matter is there is no world where any of the democratic candidates is remotely close to Trump. Change in the US is hard. There was never a world where Trump or Sanders could snap their fingers and get sweeping changes done. It was always a fantasy.

Probably. But we don't know when or how bad. The implication is mail in voting is the only options when we may have relatively safe and unencumbered elections in November.

Not to mention states that are blue would be willing to expand voting via legislation so I'm not sure why Trump has the advantage. The SCOTUS wouldn't strike down a state legislature modifying the election.
    The blue states are not the issue, the states deciding the election are Wisconsin is a preview of what is in store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, I get your point of view. You are specifically talking about those who are already in one of the two parties.

When it comes to the Bernie supporters who won't vote for Biden, they are idealists and zealots... and not really Democrats. If they swear they will vote for Trump, then they are Trumpsters, and should be treated as such.
    I guess that's fair. I'm sure a fair number of the Bernie turned Trump voters don't have much of a reliable voting history when it comes to party lines. But it still stands to reason that someone who supported Bernie would be a D voter, not an R one. I know, I know, that's not reality, but it's hard for me to accept the irrational.

- - - Updated - - -

The blue states are not the issue, the states deciding the election are Wisconsin is a preview of what is in store.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. Guess it depends on how things are in November. We also don't have Wisconsin's results to see how the suppressed vote affected the party line turnout.
    Forum badass alert:

People that supported Bernie and then going for Trump never had the best interest in mind, they were anti-establishment trolls.

Biden is not my ideal candidate, but he has a shot at winning. Bernie did not. At least Biden will nominate liberal judges and have a shot at taking back the Senate in 2022.

The fact of the matter is there is no world where any of the democratic candidates is remotely close to Trump. Change in the US is hard. There was never a world where Trump or Sanders could snap their fingers and get sweeping changes done. It was always a fantasy.
    That's not what I am saying Biden is plain old milk you are trying to sell him as martini shaken not stirred. The only thing we are getting out of him are reversal of all the really bad Trump policies. He will probably keep the tax cuts we will get judges nothing progressive is going to happen.

I guess that's fair. I'm sure a fair number of the Bernie turned Trump voters don't have much of a reliable voting history when it comes to party lines. But it still stands to reason that someone who supported Bernie would be a D voter, not an R one. I know, I know, that's not reality, but it's hard for me to accept the irrational.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I see what you mean. Guess it depends on how things are in November. We also don't have Wisconsin's results to see how the suppressed vote affected the party line turnout.
    It does make sense that a Bernie voter would still support the Democratic nominee, assuming that they are actually a Democrat. But, as we've seen with Bernie, his supporters aren't really Democrats at all. Hell, there's a fairly large number who aren't even Bernie supporters, and were just concern trolling the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    People that supported Bernie and then going for Trump never had the best interest in mind, they were anti-establishment trolls.
    This is 100% true. Well, they were either anti-establishment trolls, or simply Trumpster trolls trying to muddy the waters.

That's not what I am saying Biden is plain old milk you are trying to sell him as martini shaken not stirred. The only thing we are getting out of him are reversal of all the really bad Trump policies. He will probably keep the tax cuts we will get judges nothing progressive is going to happen.
    I think you need to actually check on Biden's positions. We're talking about several trillion dollars in new spending on health care, education and climate change.

He's already stated the tax cuts are the first thing to go...

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is fine at this point.

If you think any President will ever have the chance to do something "progressive" I'll point you to the words "gullible" written on the ceiling.

Obama tried for 8 years and was kneecapped by Congress at every chance they got. Expecting anything different is lunacy while McTurtle & Co. are still kicking.

Honestly I am not a big fan of biden but if he literally blew out bernie by 20-30% in wisconsin as the polling seems to indicate then bernie simply is not viable and biden may have a big enough draw to do what he needs to do to win.