Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Mueh'zala also in the list
    Muel'zala looks to be the one responsible for Sylvanas becoming Warchief and is in league with her and the Jailer.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Muel'zala looks to be the one responsible for Sylvanas becoming Warchief and is in league with her and the Jailer.
    put them in raid nas we got our hands full.

- - - Updated - - -

I just feel bad for my bro Kael, he didnt deserve so much shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Hakkar got a new model and its awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    put them in raid nas we got our hands full.

- - - Updated - - -

I just feel bad for my bro Kael, he didnt deserve so much shit.
    Kael may by this mysterious "Master" character who seems to be fouling things up in Revendreth, but that's just based on context clues from the datamined strings. Remains to be seen, though.

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Kael may by this mysterious "Master" character who seems to be fouling things up in Revendreth, but that's just based on context clues from the datamined strings. Remains to be seen, though.
    Given he shows up in the dungeon journal as a boss, and it's implied he's corrupt, I'd say it's likelier that Sire Denathrius is the bad guy and that we help Kael replace him.

Edit: Then again Kael is on the encounter journal too. He has a corrupted and okay model, so I think we help fix him and this is a Wrathion style fakeout.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Why is Kael'thas on the encounter journal? I thought he was actually a protagonist and we were going to help him redeem himself as well as get revenge on an enemy from his past.

Ah well it could just be a scenario like Thalyssra in the Eternal Palace or Wrathion in Ny'alotha.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Given he shows up in the dungeon journal as a boss, and it's implied he's corrupt, I'd say it's likelier that Sire Denathrius is the bad guy and that we help Kael replace him.
    Unsure, hard to say for now. From the strings it seemed this Master was an upstart and insurgent that was causing problems - but it's really patchwork right now so it could play out otherwise.

Sylvanas NEW Armor is the actual real Character Assassination

Look at that Armor. Her New Model/Armor looks like some random and shitty Plate Transmog.

The shoulders are the worst of that whole Armor. Like wtf is this? Way too much, way too random.

And what are those pants? Did the guys thought its cool to actually make an Armor based on all the fan service Art you always see on twitter or r/wow? Did they have used one of those as the new concept Armor?

Seriously. She looks so god damn random right now. Nothing iconic.
    I seriously believe Danuser has taken some of the slutty fanart on r/wow and told the artist to make her new model look like this but mroe random and edgy .

And thats what I call an real character assassination. Well done lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Also, back in action:

By the way Aucald the model you posted is called "Kael'thas Corrupted", the actual Kael'thas model is this one:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Note how the chains are broken in the uncorrupted model. Maybe (hopefully) that's after the corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    By the way Aucald the model you posted is called "Kael'thas Corrupted", the actual Kael'thas model is this one:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/920183.jpg
    Interesting, and awesome model to boot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcite View Post
    The following was just data-mined on wowhead/mmo:

NEW Stage 6: Confronting the Margrave
    Confront Margrave Sin'dane about Kel'Thuzad's treachery.
    NEW Stage 7: The Third Fall of Kel'Thuzad
    End Kel'Thuzad's manipulations in Maldraxxus

What kind of role do you think he will be playing? Do you think he's going to attempt to take control of Maldraxus? Who is he working for?
    I really hope this isn't the case, or else the current Blizzard writers didn't understand Kel'thuzad at all. He was never a bad guy, at least not in the traditional sense that most WoW villains are. He only even studied necromancy as a way to defend Lordaeron from future invasions, believing the voice he heard was trying to help him in his work. He ended up following the Lich King under threat of facing the same fate as Anub'arak -- join willingly, or become a tormented slave for eternity. The short story Road to Damnation even says as much "... damnation had little meaning without the prospect of true death." Without a Lich King, I don't see why Kel'thuzad would suddenly become a self-motivated evil, especially when his acts were done to simply avoid a seemingly unending torment.

Quote Originally Posted by Road to Damnation
    The necromancer spoke directly to Kel’Thuzad then in a voice that was no longer even remotely kind. Let this be your first lesson. I have no love for you or your people. On the contrary, I intend to scour humanity from this planet, and make no mistake: I have the power to do it.
    He came within a few feet of the throne and could go no farther, pinned helplessly beneath the thing’s overwhelming aura of inhuman might and hatred. An unseen force bore down on him and ground the side of his face into the unyielding stone. “Please,” he found himself sobbing. “Please!” Further words escaped him.
    Serving this spectral being--this Lich King, as Kel’Thuzad was beginning to think of him--would assuredly bring Kel’Thuzad great power… and damn him for all eternity. But that knowledge came far too late. Besides, damnation had little meaning without the prospect of true death.
    - Road to Damnation

I can conceive that, perhaps, he has been dealt another incredibly poor hand; maybe the Jailer, knowing of his competence from his work on Azeroth, forcefully pulled him into the Shadowlands and didn't allow him to resurrect. If this is the case, I would prefer to see some sort of freeing of his character, perhaps aiding Bolvar in his role as jailer of the damned, than another typical villain death.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2020-04-08 at 11:36 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Not a big fan of Sylvanas's new getup. It's too metallic for her, and the XBOXHUEG shoulders in particular look odd even if they do convey the intended impression of her being the villain of the piece.

Pleased to see Hakkar and Kel'thuzad will have roles, even as dungeon bosses or storyline villains.

I'm 100% betting Kael'thas will be fought corrupted and be purified and remain an ally. Not much sense bringing him back only to villain bat him a third time. No idea what Vashj is doing here, however.

Mueh'zala being behind Sylv as Warchief makes some sense, not sure I'm a fan of his model as he just looks like a huge troll. Compared to the raw, undistilled awesomeness that is Bwonsamdi's model it feels lacking.

Also, pretty sure Wowhead's mistaken on this, but apparently Kyrian!Uther is a girl, which would be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not a big fan of Sylvanas's new getup. It's too metallic for her, and the XBOXHUEG shoulders in particular look odd even if they do convey the intended impression of her being the villain of the piece.
    Guess I'm in the minority who actually likes the color and aesthetic of Sylvanas' new armor. The only thing I don't like are those gauntlets, which look entirely too cumbersome and annoying for an archer. I like the subdued echo of the Jailer's armor around her shoulders and head. The the color scheme seems very much like what we've seen of Maw-associated entities.

Guess I'm in the minority who actually likes the color and aesthetic of Sylvanas' new armor. The only thing I don't like are those gauntlets, which look entirely too cumbersome and annoying for an archer. I like the subdued echo of the Jailer's armor around her shoulders and head. The the color scheme seems very much like what we've seen of Maw-associated entities.
    The overall color is fine, I suppose, but it's just too bulky and EVULZ looking for me. Cover her head and I'd barely be able to tell that this is Sylvanas at all. She has new allegiances, sure, that could have informed her new design without completely overtaking it. She's 100% evil now, for sure, but you don't need to telegraph it with the evilest shoulders this side of Xavius, which IMO ruin the silhouette they are going for as well.

It's as if they took Grommash and had random spikes jutting out of him, blood infinitely pouring from his jaw, and he was on fire constantly because muh savagetm Orc and muh heavy metal Iron Horde. I get it, WoW's high fantasy and not a setting for subtlety in character design, but sometimes too much is too much even then.

It's not a major issue, my problems with Sylvanas and how she was written go faaaar beyond what she looks like. But compared to the awesome model of Pure!Keal, the Jailer, the Arbiter or Bolvar it feels lacking is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    LMAO they just cant be killing Tyrande. They cant be that stupid. Nah, we are probably just going to witness the death of some previous holder or something like that.
    Caregiver Selenis. Like Selene, the Greek goddess of the Moon.

The Path of Totality - Retrace the memories of Caregiver Selenis and her path to becoming a Night Warrior.
    Probably one who failed the ritual or got destroyed as a Night Warrior. A warning for what could happen to Tyrande, maybe.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Kel'Thuzad being aligned with Sylvanas would be yet another instance of pissing on the old lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Kel'Thuzad being aligned with Sylvanas would be yet another instance of pissing on the old lore.
    As I noted above, it's not simply allying with Sylvanas, but why is he even being a self-motivated villain? He was only a villain under threat from the Lich King -- he was only OK with damnation because there was no death to be had if he defied Ner'zhul. Maybe he was thrown into the Maw after his defeat in Dragonblight, made unable to resurrect at his phylactery, and was forced into an alliance with the Jailer? It's possible his involvement with the events in the Shadowlands may predate Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial King View Post
    And for what I read it seems Bwonsamdi's boss is the Winter Queen
    It looks to me that he's working with her but not for her- that is at least if this quote is anything to go by: "I will take these three spirits into our care. And you will find your way out of my land, Bwonsamdi."

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of story this expansion is starting to feel like a WoD redux.