Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Shadowlands Alpha Invites

Have any invites for the Alpha actually gone out yet? Ion mentioned in his blog that the first wave would go out to long time players; I've been playing since April 2005 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Invites have gone out for the first wave it looks like.

I've been subbed every month since November 23rd, 2004 and didn't get an invite. So much for taking care of long standing players huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Subbed non stop (almost) since Ulduar, I've been invited.

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post

I've been subbed every month since November 23rd, 2004 and didn't get an invite. So much for taking care of long standing players huh?
    Why do you think that this entitles you to alpha access? Shut up.

Blizzard are lying bastards who only care about money...I don't believe a thing those evil leeches say

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Maybe because they said that "this first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Subbed non stop (almost) since Ulduar, I've been invited.
    I've been subbed non stop since just before Ulduar and nothing for me =(
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Maybe because they said that "this first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists"?
    will "mainly", not "will definitely go to all of our long-time WoW players". As far as I'm aware, they didn't even specify a time frame from which they're selecting from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I've been subbed non stop since just before Ulduar and nothing for me =(
    I have a big big /played during BFA too, dunno if it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post

that's not.. how this works? First phase is family and friends, they said this. A select few streamers e.t.c will be included (as they said) Do you not see how this makes sense? They let you or me in, thats 2 people seeing the alpha. They let Belular and Taliesin in, for example, that's 2 people but hundreds of thousands of viewers. Average Joe's get in later down the line, right now is more advertising than testing, and the playable content in there right now is going to be near zero anyway.

will "mainly", not "will definitely go to all of our long-time WoW players". As far as I'm aware, they didn't even specify a time frame from which they're selecting from.
    They didn't. But the internet knows no bounds when it comes to entitlement. It's either everybody gets an invite or nobody gets an invite. And if it's the latter then the only feasible explanation is willful malice on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I have a big big /played during BFA too, dunno if it counts.
    It doesn't. been subbed since vanilla, played a lot of BFA and nada, naturally.

let's particularly not forget about this part. With the attitude of many entitled complainers in this forum, I highly doubt they'd be considered lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had this account since 2007, been subscribed pretty consistently ever since. I've been invited to WoD, Legion and BfA betas. I don't think I ever got access during the alpha stage though.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    that's not.. how this works? First phase is family and friends, they said this. A select few streamers e.t.c will be included (as they said) Do you not see how this makes sense? They let you or me in, thats 2 people seeing the alpha. They let Belular and Taliesin in, for example, that's 2 people but hundreds of thousands of viewers. Average Joe's get in later down the line, right now is more advertising than testing, and the playable content in there right now is going to be near zero anyway.
    I'm on the friends and family list but didn't get in yet. Oh well. I got on wave 2 for BFA so

i play wow from vanilla... no invite... :'(

he has every right to think hes entitled to an invite,why wouldnt he ? clearly a loyal customer and player to blizz.more so than most of these streamers who dont even play wow untill alphas come around.ive played since day one and dont care if i get invite or not but that shouldnt stop others feeling like they deserve some reward once in a while.

Just because you've been subbed longer doesn't grant you access. I'm sure they're just pooling people who meet certain criteria (time subbed, good standing, etc.), and then just pulling random people from that pool. There's a LOT of players that meet that criteria, I'm sure. Don't get your hopes up.

Where from that sentence does it say all long time WoW players?

Imo casuals shouldn't get invites. It really should just be people that are high rated in arena or push mythic content, because the alpha is there for things to be tested.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    he has every right to think hes entitled to an invite,why wouldnt he ? clearly a loyal customer and player to blizz.more so than most of these streamers who dont even play wow untill alphas come around.ive played since day one and dont care if i get invite or not but that shouldnt stop others feeling like they deserve some reward once in a while.
    Thanks for gate keeping Alpha access.

...of all things.