Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Not sure that'd be a bad thing TBH. Slashing government spending sounds like a plus to me :P .
    Um no. . . CA pays its bills every year, and generates hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars in Revenue for the feds annually. They might be highly subsidized, but who cares? They pay it back, and they pay a metric shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Um no. . . CA pays its bills every year, and generates hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars in Revenue for the feds annually. They might be highly subsidized, but who cares? They pay it back, and they pay a metric shit ton.
    I don't think the part about CA leaving is what Teleros means....but the part about red-states losing money and the demand that the Federal government needing to slash their funding seems more the point.

Not sure that'd be a bad thing TBH. Slashing government spending sounds like a plus to me :P .
    And yet, the "conservatives" are the one who spend more than anyone else.

Go figure...

It's pretty bad that Bernie Sanders is considerably more fiscally conservative than Trump and the "freedom caucus."

Then when the US gets downgraded to a 3rd world country? Oh, wait, you don't care do you?

Wait till it becomes more clear that the Federal government is stockpiling ventilators/other PPE equitment, that they are not distributing atm to cali/washingtonst/newyork because they holding off to surge aid to specifically Florida/Texas and other battleground states.

I'm not up on the conspiracy rules, I'm just saying its a guess. who knows.
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...use-panel-says

Kushner involvement
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...uence-n1179071
    Last edited by ohtlmtlm; 2020-04-11 at 03:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    @Shadowferal got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, the "conservatives" are the one who spend more than anyone else.

Go figure...

It's pretty bad that Bernie Sanders is considerably more fiscally conservative than Trump and the "freedom caucus."

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Then when the US gets downgraded to a 3rd world country? Oh, wait, you don't care do you?
    You mean it isn't already :P ?

More seriously, what the Dickens are you on about? The USA loses California (and specifically here, California's tax revenues) and thus... what? Government spontaneously breaks down? People start taking wheelbarrows of money to buy bread with? California brought in ~$900bn in federal tax revenue in 2018... somehow I don't think that's the difference between 1st and 3rd world status for the USA.
    Still not tired of winning.

More seriously, what the Dickens are you on about? The USA loses California (and specifically here, California's tax revenues) and thus... what? Government spontaneously breaks down? People start taking wheelbarrows of money to buy bread with? California brought in ~$900bn in federal tax revenue in 2018... somehow I don't think that's the difference between 1st and 3rd world status for the USA.
    This is one of the more pro-California posts I have read in a long time. Thank you for this.

Not only is close to a trillion dollars a year a lot of money, the agriculture that California produces for the US would be distributed, well as Trump likes to put it, to the highest bidder. Florida and Texas would not be able to make up for the California produce that goes to countries outbidding the US.

@Shadowferal got it.

Most of the agriculture that isn't Soybeans and Corn, comes from California. Guarantee when the tariffs and stuff start happening from California leaving, then the rest of the country will start suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If all Dixie states split away together and form their confederation they’d be a developing nation and the United States would be a first world developed country.

@Shadowferal got it.

You are proving my point for me, Trumpster.

It's about trying to piss people off, and nothing else. You support a racist and a rapist, because you think i9t's a great joke. You aren't a conservative, you are a memelord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If all Dixie states split away together and form their confederation they’d be a developing nation and the United States would be a first world developed country.
    The United States without the South would be well on its way to having a balanced budget. That's some fucking irony for you right there.

How many in USA actually are state "nationalists", who believe that their state is/should be a country?
    I really do not think it is anything more than a minor... minority.

7+ Year Old Account
    You’ll be returning your stimulus check then?

@Shadowferal got it.

California is more than GDP or tax.

Out of 130 billions venture capital raised in US in 2019, 100 billions were raised in California.

Four out of six metropolitan areas which account for 90% of US biotech and biomed manufacturing are located in California.

Just five metro areas — Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose and Seattle — snapped up 90 percent of the 356,063 high end research jobs created from 2005 to 2019.

Out of CNBC 100 world most promising start ups in 2019, 57 are in CA.

Out of Crunchbase 854 top US startups founded in 2019, 70% are in CA.

The US would be losing over thirty world class public and private research universities.

The US would be losing SF, the second largest commercial banking hub after NY.

The US would be losing the largest contiguous Grade 1 agricultural land in the WORLD!

The US would be losing 100% of its production of almond, pistachio, garlic, walnut, nectarines, honeydew, artichokes, olives, etc. Over 90% of its grapes, strawberries, lemons, broccoli, tangerine, celery, avocados, raspberries, etc. The list of crops that the US would lose is too long. You can look it up yourself.

https://data.ers.usda.gov/reports.as...9f_2_17iT0R0x5

Monterey Shale oil.

Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Sriracha.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-04-11 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    He isn't even American. He is one those that voted for Brexit, but will by crying about the economy when it finally catches up to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    How many in USA actually are state "nationalists", who believe that their state is/should be a country?
    I really do not think it is anything more than a minor... minority.
    IDK but I've lived in CA forever and I've literally never met anyone who is a state nationalist nor anyone who even thinks about any this state tribalism nonsense. The only thing I've experienced is that if you have a California license plate and then drive into other states their highway patrollers seem really prejudiced and want to ding the hell out you for the tiniest violation. There's definitely some kind of stereotyping going on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Don't get one in the UK .

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    California is more than GDP or tax.
    Of course. That said, I wonder how much of that could be replaced by the US elsewhere - probably with the help of people preferring to be US citizens than Californian Republic (or w/e) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The US would be losing the largest contiguous Grade 1 agricultural land in the WORLD!

The US would be losing 100% of its production of almond, pistachio, garlic, walnut, nectarines, honeydew, artichokes, olives, etc. Over 90% of its grapes, strawberries, lemons, broccoli, tangerine, celery, avocados, raspberries, etc. The list of crops that the US would lose is too long. You can look it up yourself.
    This raises another question - whether Calexit would be along the existing state lines, or whether parts of California would remain with the US. From what I understand, the more rural areas lean more Republican, and they might prefer to stay a part of the US.
    Still not tired of winning.

Don't get one in the UK .

Of course. That said, I wonder how much of that could be replaced by the US elsewhere - probably with the help of people preferring to be US citizens than Californian Republic (or w/e) ones.

This raises another question - whether Calexit would be along the existing state lines, or whether parts of California would remain with the US. From what I understand, the more rural areas lean more Republican, and they might prefer to stay a part of the US.
    Again, not only is it not going to happen, but Republicans would be BEGGING for them to come back if it did. The Republican parts of the state know that if they were cut off from the rest of the state, then they would be begging for federal help.