Poll: How will BfA be remembered?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once Shadowlands is out, it will be considered the best expansion while Shadowlands the worst.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only part of BFA I will miss are the leveling zones and the essence effects.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

i just played end of wod and Legion, so i can't rly say what is the worst, but Legion was better.

Most memorable thing will be the expeditions (and not in a positive way).

I see BfA as the expansion where people realised how much Legion screwed up the game. Sadly, shadowlands is looking like Legion v3.

personally im neutral, it has been a good expansion imo, but the rng bonanza is getting out of hand.
    but i voted second worst to wod, because i think thats the general opinion.

It's not awful but it isn't very good either. Cata destroyed classes, Wod was just.... meh, BfA had great characters, some great minor stories, some of the best raids, but it seemed that everything Blizz tried that was new or altered, kind of failed. Removing Tier sets was a huge mistakes and the Raid sets we got were trash outside of BfD. Azerite wasn't good and did nothing for itemization, the neck piece grind was awful (also why do they claim tier is bad because it locks you out of slots when they lock you out of neck, head, chest, and shoulder by default). Corruption was interesting but terribly balanced...

BfA also proves that story matters and too much of a good thing isn't good. People were heavily invested in Legion's story before the game ever came out, BfA, not so much. Legion was just as bad and broken with the same grind systems, but BfA gets the flack for it.

My overall thoughts about BfA is about the same as Legion, they were decent, they tried some things, BfA didn't have the massive class overhaul to fall back on, so it had little replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    personally im neutral, it has been a good expansion imo, but the rng bonanza is getting out of hand.
    but i voted second worst to wod, because i think thats the general opinion.
    But... rng was severly nerfed from legion. You didn't have legiondaries, azerite has vendor and static drop from raids and titanforging was severly nerfed from legion, essences are 100% deterministic.
    So WTF?

I rank BFA as the worst expansion since I cancelled my sub two months after launch. WoD kept me entertained for at least three months before I pulled the plug and that expansion ended up as a complete dumpster fire.

BfA? What does that stand for again?

Shadowlands hyyyype!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I think it will be remembered as sort of a bland expansion, Not as bad as Warlords but not really that great either
    For some reason I feel like this too. Mostly because in hindsight we will remember the big moments rather than the small indignities, so most QoL issues won't be as remembered as the bigger story beats like the Burning of Teldrassil and Saurfang's story. Like it will remain controversial, but relevant, unlike WoD that -besides setting up Gul'dan for the next expansion- had little impact in the overall journey.

5+ Year Old Account
    bfa made me quit WoW indefinitely. Wod was terrible but it still had just enough to keep me around.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

This is the first expansion that I did nothing with my toon. Been unsubscribed for four or five months so far and for once have had no desire to come back and play. It just became too mind-numbing for me. I can see how some people still enjoy the game, it is after all the only game in my life I dumped more then ten years into so Blizz did something right for me back in the day. Or wrong, depends on who you ask. Not saying I won't play next expansion as after MoP, I don't judge the xpack by first glance. Yes I enjoyed MoP so what? Anyway my fav expansions from worse to best is BoA, WoD, Cata, Legion, MoP, Classic, BC, and WoTLK.

When I look back at WoD the first things I recall are the nice environments and the initial potential Garrisons had. So I guess it depends on the person whether they remember the good or the bad first and foremost. BfA and WoD are certainly among WoW's less stellar expansions, but at the end of the day I don't hate them so much as I hate aspects of them. The war campaign fell flat so badly it left big scars on the expansion, but even then when I think about BfA my thoughts go to Boralus and Kul Tiras. They were exceptionally well-realized.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by krouger View Post
    why is there so much hate for MOP ? classes were great, raids were awesome, zones and leveling was great i dont pvp much but from what i have heard it wasnt bad either. Only thing i really didnt like about MOP was that there were no new dungeons towards the end of the expansion because they focused a lot on scenarios which sucked tbh
    I feel its only a vocal minority that hates MoP. It didn't get the hype cause it was pandas, but for those that played the entire expansion, it was an awesome expansion. We didn't have m+ back then, but we had extremely fun classes that you could just have fun with in pvp.

Will be remembered as a testspansion. An expansion where they tried a lot of new things but where a lot of them failed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    But... rng was severly nerfed from legion. You didn't have legiondaries, azerite has vendor and static drop from raids and titanforging was severly nerfed from legion, essences are 100% deterministic.
    So WTF?
    it was bad in the beginning of legion yes, but got better in the end.
    corruption is worse than legiondaries ever was though.

An important thing to remember is that the BFA had very frequent content drought. BFA is also likely going to have a longer last raid to next expansion period than WoD did. Blizzard was pretty ready to start Legion testing after it was announced in Blizzcon and had a solid idea of what they wanted to do. Shadowlands was largely a powerpoint presentation and some scribbled notes. BFA is going to exist for more than 2 years, possibly 2.5 years. WoD was bad, but at least you could have fun playing WoD. BFA is just bad, and it is going to be bad for longer than any other expansion. Top it all off, all that extra time that BFA is being awful, all we get out of it is Shadowlands, which so far isn't too promising. It is already the smallest scope expansion Blizzard has attempted, and the players from day 1 at Blizzcon said, "Don't bother with x, y and z, you guys can't do it right at all and if you managed to get it right it wouldn't be that great anyways." Blizzard still went and wasted a lot of development time making those things. The big wishlist items that make the game feel awful that people have wanted changed for over two years are still not even being considered.
    BFA is going to be bad, and Shadowlands isn't going to be good enough to make it seem even remotely worth how awful it was. Blizzard finally "broke the cycle" they're going to put out two bad expansions in a row at this point.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

15+ Year Old Account
    what is it about WOD pvp that people hate so much?

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    it was bad in the beginning of legion yes, but got better in the end.
    corruption is worse than legiondaries ever was though.
    It was bad for 90% of legion. Corruption is not worse than legiondaries, you can reliable farm them or straight up buy the ones you want for gold.

The amount of work I put into getting my BiS legiondary (~8 months) is comparable to farming enough gold to buy every single corruption on max ilvl on AH on first month.

And don't forget arcanocrystal farming and rng rolling for vendor tokens. Don't forget titanforging was severly nerfed in BfA.

RNG not even remotely as bad as it was in Legion. Azerite gear is fucking deterministic, essences are deterministic, corruptions can be bought.
    The only thing that is trully rng in BfA is gear drop.