Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    . . .

I swear Blizzard said at level 10 we could choose wherever we wanted to go between all of the different expansions' content... or am I reading this wrong?

DK at level 10 and DH at level 8 even though DH was way ahead before
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I swear Blizzard said at level 10 we could choose wherever we wanted to go between all of the different expansions' content... or am I reading this wrong?
    You can, its called Chromie Time, which scales any selected expansion so that it spans 10-50, but it seems to not be available on the Alpha quite yet.

(Except for new players, who have to do BfA the first time around.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    DK at level 10 and DH at level 8 even though DH was way ahead before
    Actually both DK and DH at level 8, only allied races at level 10 no matter which class they choose (including DKs)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Actually both DK and DH at level 8, only allied races at level 10 no matter which class they choose (including DKs)
    that's some nice logic right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh. That will be so weird, fighting against big ass demons with 100 health.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    What you're looking at is the squish formula, not the new level ranges. All zones will be 10-50. The chart is showing what level your character will be post-squish.

Mmo-C is just stupid about relaying that info.
    No, all zones will not be 10-50 automatically. This is a misconception. You will be albe to turn that on through Chromie, but zones/expansions will still have their original level progression/scaling. This was stated months ago already.

Here's a quote from old blues:

If you aren't in Chromie time, zones will only scale up to the cap for that expansion. You can still level that way though!
    If you want to go back to Pandaria and farm for transmog or rares, you wouldn't want the zone scaling, so you need Chromie Time to scale it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...oper-Interview
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-04-11 at 08:41 AM.

This is literaly the worst changes of all in Shadowlands

effectively stealing all the time people put into leveling their toons.

blizzard is killing their own game with all the changes. they are following the patch of SW Galaxies. completly not needed changes from desperation

Shame to see WoW dying after 15 years.

This level squish is so ridiculous! How can anyone want that? Idiots!
    This game is dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

I think it's a great change. I'm levelling up an alt at the moment on live and went from 80 to 90 in one single zone of Cataclysm. I didn't even need to finish the zone. That's meaningless, mind numbing gameplay. Especially when you've already done it 20+ times. And it will get even worse in WOD because I'll spend my hour or two there just flying around doing bonus objectives. And then I get to Legion and spend 100-110 doing invasions and more bonus objectives. It's only when I get to BFA that I'm forced to actually progress the zones and story lines as they were meant to be experienced.

All that changes. We now get to pick at Level 10 which expansion we liked the best and go run through that content to Level 50. That's a much more meaningful experience IMHO. And if they remove heirlooms, which I suspect they might, then I'll be able to use all the gear that drops too.

I appreciate some purists will hate it. But it's no coincidence that when Blizzard switched on the +100% XP bonus all of the levelling zones were suddenly packed with players. People want to be able to level new characters easier. If it's not for you then fair enough. The game is evolving. I personally don't think this is going to kill it. Quite the opposite in fact. I think this will encourage new players to come and play it. Especially with the introduction of the new start area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I think it's a great change. I'm levelling up an alt at the moment on live and went from 80 to 90 in one single zone of Cataclysm. I didn't even need to finish the zone. That's meaningless, mind numbing gameplay. Especially when you've already done it 20+ times. And it will get even worse in WOD because I'll spend my hour or two there just flying around doing bonus objectives. And then I get to Legion and spend 100-110 doing invasions and more bonus objectives. It's only when I get to BFA that I'm forced to actually progress the zones and story lines as they were meant to be experienced.

All that changes. We now get to pick at Level 10 which expansion we liked the best and go run through that content to Level 50. That's a much more meaningful experience IMHO. And if they remove heirlooms, which I suspect they might, then I'll be able to use all the gear that drops too.

I appreciate some purists will hate it. But it's no coincidence that when Blizzard switched on the +100% XP bonus all of the levelling zones were suddenly packed with players. People want to be able to level new characters easier. If it's not for you then fair enough. The game is evolving. I personally don't think this is going to kill it. Quite the opposite in fact. I think this will encourage new players to come and play it. Especially with the introduction of the new start area.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No, all zones will not be 10-50 automatically. This is a misconception. You will be albe to turn that on through Chromie, but zones/expansions will still have their original level progression/scaling. This was stated months ago already.

Here's a quote from old blues:

If you aren't in Chromie time, zones will only scale up to the cap for that expansion. You can still level that way though!
    If you want to go back to Pandaria and farm for transmog or rares, you wouldn't want the zone scaling, so you need Chromie Time to scale it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...oper-Interview
    So all the old zones apart from Vanilla ones will scale up to 50?

- - - Updated - - -

I’m curious also to see how flying for old zones will be managed.

Will everyone be allowed to fly until Legion included without having to complete the dumb pathfinder chains/reps? It would be about time. I still miss flying in WoD and no way I’m wasting my little precious time to do that 6 years old chains/reps.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    So all the old zones apart from Vanilla ones will scale up to 50?

- - - Updated - - -

I’m curious also to see how flying for old zones will be managed.

Will everyone be allowed to fly until Legion included without having to complete the dumb pathfinder chains/reps? It would be about time. I still miss flying in WoD and no way I’m wasting my little precious time to do that 6 years old chains/reps.

Pathfinder achievements are account wide...Good morning...

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...nor-pathfinder

https://www.wowhead.com/broken-isles...r-flying-guide

Had to be level 120 to kill a fully unleashed old god, BUT NOW....I only need to be level 50 to kill the next big bad boss. Logic

Only MMO i've ever played that squishes levels. You don't need to add levels EVERY EXPANSION BLIZZARD. You wouldn't be in this mess. You should of stopped at 100, most people hate levelling anyways. increase stats on gear.... stat squish gear... don't decrease levels, the fuck lol

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

blizzard is killing their own game with all the changes. they are following the patch of SW Galaxies. completly not needed changes from desperation

Shame to see WoW dying after 15 years.
    How can you steal time that's already been spend?

What about your dish washer, does it steal all the time your grandmother spent cooking water to do the dishes in a bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    You can’t fly until 25.

You can enter WOD, Legion or BFA at 10.

You can’t fly until 25, even with pathfinder.

It's been stated multiple times, BfA is manditory 40 - 50 and SL 50 - 60.
    At 10 you pick from the other expansions

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    And how this info i perfectly know of course, match to what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    And how this info i perfectly know of course, match to what I said?
    "Will everyone be allowed to fly until Legion included without having to complete the dumb pathfinder chains/reps? It would be about time. I still miss flying in WoD and no way I’m wasting my little precious time to do that 6 years old chains/reps. "

Focus mate, focus...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You can, its called Chromie Time, which scales any selected expansion so that it spans 10-50, but it seems to not be available on the Alpha quite yet.

(Except for new players, who have to do BfA the first time around.)
    Haaaaave to? O_O
    Forcing people to do any specific content is pretty lame... Let people do it on their own terms.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    "Will everyone be allowed to fly until Legion included without having to complete the dumb pathfinder chains/reps? It would be about time. I still miss flying in WoD and no way I’m wasting my little precious time to do that 6 years old chains/reps. "

Focus mate, focus...
    I don’t understand.

PFs are account wide but you have to do them at least ONE time of course.

There should be a PF no more at least until BfA.

You buy expert riding or whatever it’s called at level 20 or whatever and then you can fly EVERYWHERE until you set foot into Zuldazar.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2020-04-11 at 12:51 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Wonder how the squish will affect the leveling requirements for allied-race heritage armor?
    Pretty sure that at Blizzcon they said the new rule would be you'd have to reach 60. So 1-60 now instead of 20-110.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Haaaaave to? O_O
    Forcing people to do any specific content is pretty lame... Let people do it on their own terms.
    The point is to show new players the story of why we are going to Shadowlands, which is... kinda (though not really)... told through BFA.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann