Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would love to play a blue angel boi because I'm simple like that.

But I'm rather certain all these will remain NPCs. Doubt there are any Allied Races coming with Shadowlands at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    You sound angry. Also you're complaining about reskinned... and you want to have San'layn who are reskinned with added stuff. K.
    I am angry, you got that right. I am sorry I can't be indifferent towards the game I once liked a lot. Maybe its what some players are doing right now (hell maybe its the only way you can play this game now), senselessly pushing buttons, feeling nothing and not emotionally invested, just because they have nothing better to do. I can't get on board with this vapid stuff, I'm sorry.

And part of why I am angry and about to fucking lose it, is because some people just can't bring their double-digit-iq minds and wrap their head around the difference of reskinning and adding in minor modifications (highmoutain shit) and reskinning a San'layn which would change their 1) facial features, 2) body parts: clawed hands, "bat" ears, and finally, 3) skin and eye color on top. Which, when we really consider it, adds more distinction than light forged draenie or moose tauren ever did or ever hope to do.

I'm also angry because in order to appease unbelievable amounts of neckbeards trying to live off their alleria windrunner fantasies, Blizz are not gonna add the logical "undead elf" (San'layn to be exact) as an allied counterpart to forsaken, oh no - they have to go out of their way and thrash lore again for something that has always been there - an undead vampire/

After playing Alpha, yes please give us blue angels and my pally might ascend to become one... their animations and wings are amazing....

if any of these become playable i hope they are not faction restricted though, would be legion all over again help a race then get stabbed in the back by them..no thanks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    I am angry, you got that right. I am sorry I can't be indifferent towards the game I once liked a lot. Maybe its what some players are doing right now (hell maybe its the only way you can play this game now), senselessly pushing buttons, feeling nothing and not emotionally invested, just because they have nothing better to do. I can't get on board with this vapid stuff, I'm sorry.

And part of why I am angry and about to fucking lose it, is because some people just can't bring their double-digit-iq minds and wrap their head around the difference of reskinning and adding in minor modifications (highmoutain shit) and reskinning a San'layn which would change their 1) facial features, 2) body parts: clawed hands, "bat" ears, and finally, 3) skin and eye color on top. Which, when we really consider it, adds more distinction than light forged draenie or moose tauren ever did or ever hope to do.

I'm also angry because in order to appease unbelievable amounts of neckbeards trying to live off their alleria windrunner fantasies, Blizz are not gonna add the logical "undead elf" (San'layn to be exact) as an allied counterpart to forsaken, oh no - they have to go out of their way and thrash lore again for something that has always been there - an undead vampire/
    Okay, you really have some issues.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The big thing that's 'sounding the alarm' so to speak is the fact that the AlliedRace.db2 file was updated with 4 new IDs, so whatever's coming - whether its these guys or something we haven't seen yet - will almost certainly be considered allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

This right here is the 'make or break' thing, whether or not these creatures/beings can use player armor. While it isn't a guarantee that a given race will become playable (Vrykul for example can also equip player armor) the fact that they can definitely increases the odds.
    Technically they can't equip armor yet, because these are just the texture armor that goes over skin. The definite lynchpin is when you can put 3D armor like shoulders or helms on them.

It took Kul Tirans two patches before they could wear armor so it doesn't mean they aren't ready. But the fact Fauns and Kyrians can equip ANYTHING is a step above most NPCs.

Kyrians equipping armor is pretty cool because I think their "rig" is new. Fauns make sense because they borrow so much from Female Draenei, but I THINK the Kyrians are new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Is there a poll done before? Which race is most requested in wow since ever? While Ogres are heavily requested i feel like Etherals are the most wanted, even if they are - as usual - ignored since their exp (which was TBC)
    I think there's an old one, and those on top were Naga, Ogres and Ethereal, with HE not so far bellow

My crystal ball says...

Horde - Venthyr
    Alliance - Faun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Fauns make sense because they borrow so much from Female Draenei, but I THINK the Kyrians are new.
    Yeah, it would seem that their animations are based in the Draenei's - but check out this sweet new run that the male has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post

Insulting people who like things you don't is always a good look.

/s
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Could be the Maldraxxus males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My crystal ball says...

Horde - Venthyr
    Alliance - Faun
    Highmountain goblins were already confirmed as the next horde allied race!

snickers
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Is there a poll done before? Which race is most requested in wow since ever? While Ogres are heavily requested i feel like Etherals are the most wanted, even if they are - as usual - ignored since their exp (which was TBC)
    Well, without expressing my personal opinion of them, Alliance high elves are probably the most requested race in WoW since the game's inception. Otherwise, I've seen a lot of threads over the years requesting: ethereals, naga, ogres, mok'nathal, vrykul, forest trolls, Wildhammer dwarves, jinyu, and hozen.

Frankly, the allied race system feels like it squandered a lot of potential to deliver relatively simple, niche race requests that have come about over the years.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2020-04-13 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Very likely. It's the mob that can equip the most armor in Maldraxxus and currently has one hair style.

Very curious to see what their customization will be like, if ever it is added

Any of them would realistically only work as Neutral allied races, due to the covenant system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Any of them would realistically only work as Neutral allied races, due to the covenant system.
    Bastion and Ardenwealde have a very Alliance focused storyline and Maldraxxus and Revendreth have likewise very Horde centric stories. Don't see how its a different situation from the rest of the Allied Races.

Not if they are introduced as playable after Covenant systems end.

I don't support this, but remember that the Nightborne, Highmountain, Lightforged and Mechagnomes gave no fucks about their neutrality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Well, without expressing my personal opinion of them, Alliance high elves are probably the most requested race in WoW since the game's inception. Otherwise, I've seen a lot of threads over the years requesting: ethereals, naga, ogres, mok'nathal, vrykul, forest trolls, Wildhammer dwarves, jinyu, and hozen.

Frankly, the allied race system feels like it squandered a lot of potential to deliver relatively simple, niche race requests that have come about over the years.
    the reskinned 'allied' race problem it is literally reskins of already existing races, every main race has its own unique skeleton, then come reskinned races, and they are a cheap half a88ed race that while was indeed heavily requested like wildhammer dwarfs, it was requested since the introduction of barber as customization to already existing race
    reskinned race is a goldmine for blizz, do like 1/4 of work needed for race, and ppl consider it new race addition
    (as i stated only exception is Kul'tirans, who actually used a new model for them)

High Elves are of course most requested race in wow, but i didn't count it because tbh right now it feels like blizz not just hate high elves, they also love to f8ck playerbase with it, now belfs are getting blue eyes seems like just to give high elf fans the middle finger
    That's why i didn't count them, btw if u curious they were one of the first four main races of alliance in wow rpg, higher than gnomes (who ended being the playable one, ironic)

- - - Updated - - -

that can be said about every allied race, heck the first 4 reskinned races didn't make sense in first place
    -draenei HD who hate draenei the most, join alliance with draenei
    -tauren hd who get help from alliance, join horde
    -nightborn who actually had the most work of all allied races in Legion, join horde and forget alliance help because a smart quote from tyrande, decide to damn their entire race with a faction instead of stay neutral (argent dawn have steel of nerves then, they got insulted a lot by both alliance and horde)
    -emo elves, who were so corrupted they get kicked from horde - who accepted forsaken reminding u - join alliance who insist on staying clean light loving children even during their hobby of genocide races, now they can add to their resume taking ppl too evil to be with horde (why did alliance refuse forsaken again?)

If those 4 races didn't convince u blizz give zero f8ck about lore and will fit whatever race they want anywhere, no idea what, and it isn't like blizz did better job in BFA, mechagnomes join alliance (not that anyone wanted them) even if they get exact help from horde, and so for yiff

The only 2 races i really like in all those allied races are zandalari and kul'tiran, also zandalari are trolls HD, zandalari for their massive lore, and kul'tiran because they actually did a full model for them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Very curious to see what their customization will be like, if ever it is added
    Datamining picks up that they have half a dozen different colors. Black, brown, gray, pale, yellow, purple, etc/

Datamining picks up that they have half a dozen different colors. Black, brown, gray, pale, yellow, purple, etc/
    They also have one hair style already but it's tied to a certain armor set.

But skeletons having hair at all is kind of a wink wink.