Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most naturally gifted at drumming. When I first learned, I picked it up extremely fast...I simply don't do it anymore. Runner up talent would probably be drinking and being miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    My talent is creativity.
    You do indeed find creative ways to make any issue become about race.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Why do you care at all? Didn’t you just post about how the entire planet doesn’t matter??????????

Shoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    indeed he does.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I can convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

On a more serious note, I cook, speak 2 languages while working on a third, and do math/mathematical modeling recreationally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a talent for music. Playing guitar, and singing. Sadly never was good at doing both at the same time, but getting better at it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    indeed he does.
    I mean if you want to pretend things like race or religion or gender play no role in society then you can do that. It’s stupid and you’d be wrong. But go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you want to pretend things like race or religion or gender play no role in society then you can do that. It’s stupid and you’d be wrong. But go ahead.
    you just go out of your way to make any thread about it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

you just go out of your way to make any thread about it.
    It can seem that way to people who are entirely ignorant that such things can play a part.

"Oh my god why are you making this thread about southern heritage a race thing"

"oh my god why are you bringing race into this discussion of how rap music is thug music and bad culture!"

"oh my god why are you bringing race into a discussion about the justice system"

... yes the woefully ignorant tend to say these things.

Pretty sure the one "talent" we all have is turning "food into shit."

10+ Year Old Account
    It can seem that way to people who are entirely ignorant that such things can play a part.

"Oh my god why are you making this thread about southern heritage a race thing"

"oh my god why are you bringing race into this discussion of how rap music is thug music and bad culture!"

"oh my god why are you bringing race into a discussion about the justice system"

... yes the woefully ignorant tend to say these things.
    that's what the create thread function is for. not going in and hijacking other peoples threads with your petty drama. you do it in every thread you post in. now i'm done with you.

that's what the create thread function is for. not going in and hijacking other peoples threads with your petty drama. you do it in every thread you post in. now i'm done with you.
    If someone makes a thread about heterosexual pride do you think it is wrong of me to go into bigotry typically surrounding that?

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    is that a talent? i speak 4 languages... it's the norm for people to speak 3 here...
    It's not the norm in the United States, and it's something that I needed to devote myself to in order to learn. It's something that I still work on polishing every day.

I'd definitely say that translating things appropriately is a talent, after seeing some pretty shitty instances of it.

Uh... I'm good at maintaining a neet lifestyle.

I also try to write stuff as a hobby, but not sure, if I'm that talented in it. Very few people have ever read the stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reasonably artistic and can drink 22 ounces of beer in 2 seconds.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Talent is an illusion. It stems from our continual urge to find and recognize patterns.

Talent is an illusion. It stems from our continual urge to find and recognize patterns.
    umm...no.
    Every great artist, musician, etc...is proof that you're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    umm...no.
    Every great artist, musician, etc...is proof that you're wrong.
    I would say yes and no.

I don't think having a talent, or natural affinity towards something, makes you immediately great. Obviously a tremendous work ethic is a main deciding factor. I think talent is just a starting line and yet the speed of progression varies as well. I have known guys who had better first touch on new techniques than me and yet with the same practice time I managed to surpass the initial talent defficit I had. Then there are times where you struggle with something for too long and suddenly one day you get that key missing information and your ability skyrockets.

It is just hard to define an impact of talent because it can mean a lot of things. There are guys who have amazing abilities from day one but lack the imagination to create fresh ideas and then you have people who bashed their heads against the wall to finally improve with fantastic creativity. What is the talent now? The ability to absorb new techniques quickly or the creativity? Or having both at the same time? If so, then very few people possess it.

Even then you can still fall into obscurity. Think pretty much every jazz musician nowadays, they are creative and fantastic players and still miss that secret ingredience to captivate millions. On the other you had Kurt Cobain who was very creative guy within the limited skillset he had and his music spoke to a lot of people.

I think it is a rather complex topic, I believe it has some impact but it definitely is not a ticket towards success.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I would say yes and no. I don't think having a talent, or natural affinity towards something, makes you immediately great. Obviously a tremendous work ethic is a main deciding factor. I think talent is just a starting line and yet the speed of progression varies as well. I have known guys who had better first touch on new techniques than me and yet with the same practice time I managed to surpass the initial talent defficit I had. Then there are times where you struggle with something for too long and suddenly one day you get that key missing information and your ability skyrockets. It is just hard to define an impact of talent because it can mean a lot of things. There are guys who have amazing abilities from day one but lack the imagination to create fresh ideas and then you have people who bashed their heads against the wall to finally improve with fantastic creativity. What is the talent now? The ability to absorb new techniques quickly or the creativity? Or having both at the same time? If so, then very few people possess it. Even then you can still fall into obscurity. Think pretty much every jazz musician nowadays, they are creative and fantastic players and still miss that secret ingredience to captivate millions. On the other you had Kurt Cobain who was very creative guy within the limited skillset he had and his music spoke to a lot of people. I think it is a rather complex topic, I believe it has some impact but it definitely is not a ticket towards success.
    I'm looking at the classics...Bach, Beethoven, Stravisnky, etc...when you get to artistry, there is just so much that goes into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm looking at the classics...Bach, Beethoven, Stravisnky, etc...when you get to artistry, there is just so much that goes into it.
    Such as..?

What is the point of conversation when you just leave cryptic statements? It leaves a bad impression you have nothing interesting to add.