fun gameplay
    good interactive controller
    lots of games
    extremely good graphics
    good hardware
    compact unlike the xboxhueg
    fun to play with friends and family
    more games than the PS3

To each their own, but overall I found Wii one of Nintendo's worst consoles. Not many things were fun with motion control, and what was was better with Xbox's Kinect (mostly dancing). There was a brief resurgence of light-gun games on Wii, which were somewhat entertaining, but I haven't really felt a longing for them post-Wii.

All in all Wiimote's potential wasn't well-served, since it was confined to a TV screen. Nowadays as we put on a VR set those sticks we use for control are 1:1 in our hands, no gap to a separate screen. Also, tracking is much better now, Wiimote was kind of terrible before the MotionPlus add-on.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I prefer the Switch.

I missed it and went from Gamecube to Switch in terms of Nintendo consoles. Had an N64 before that. Bought the Switch a few months ago (maybe last year) have played probably less than 24 hours on it so far (probably a lack of engaging games, started BotW didn't get into it (wtf is going on at the start?) so of the 3 I'd say the Gamecube stood out against it's competition, lightweight and portable for social stuff if people weren't coming to yours, and the games on it were a step up from the N64 titles at least in terms of GFX (there's an argument to be had that Timesplitters 2 was better than Goldeneye; but both sides have a lot of merit ) if not innovation.

So yeah Gamecube gets my vote for Nintendo console GOAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I prefer the Switch.
    I still prefer the Wii U over the switch sometimes. Dual screen functionality was such a nice quality of life feature.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

SNES or GTFO

10+ Year Old Account
    The wii controls i always felt were absolutely trash, unresponsive and forced 99% of the time, like hey you could control this with the buttons but MOTION CONTROL THOUGH!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    SNES or GTFO
    Yeah, SNES was great. I haven't bothered with any other Nintendo console since. I have a PS4 now, though, got a backlog to get through, including God of War 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, SNES was great. I haven't bothered with any other Nintendo console since. I have a PS4 now, though, got a backlog to get through, including God of War 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2.
    RDR2 ... so good. the soundtrack is amazing. A movie can easily be made out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Worst controller ever made, other than the power glove. It's acceptable as a replacement for light guns on modern displays (but how common are light gun games really). But motion controls can go die in a fire. That's one fad I'm glad is gone. Wii controls were absolute garbage, even at the best of times.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-04-18 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    RDR2 ... so good. the soundtrack is amazing. A movie can easily be made out of it.
    I've heard lots of good things, I was planning on playing it over the holidays but then my brother got me on Steam all 3 Witcher games, and I'd never played any of them. I am way late to the party, but wow, Witcher 3 is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only consoles I really consider timeless are the PS2 and SNES.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The virtual world has always been a target for anyone who is looking for news or information as a science and others. This makes the Internet increasingly favored by everyone and most influential behind all that is the admin of all sites like this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by agrey View Post
    The virtual world has always been a target for anyone who is looking for news or information as a science and others. This makes the Internet increasingly favored by everyone and most influential behind all that is the admin of all sites like this site.
    ah spam bots. I didn't care for the Wii at all. I bought it played Zelda for a few days and sold the system. The controller was neat but Nintendo doesn't have a lineup that in my opinion justifies the purchase. Almost same thing with the switch I had it for over a month before I sold it though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality over quatity. Wii may have more games, but a LOT of them are terrible.

Anyway, we all know, deep down, that the PS2 is the best console ever.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PS2 and Gameboy Advance are the best Console/Handheld respectively.

Nintendo 64 + Goldeneye.

It was a decent console but played too much on its own gimmick. The most telling thing for me was when they simultaneously released Zelda Twilight Princess on both Wii and GC, yet GC was branded the superior version for it.

It's still an important console in terms of propelling the whole motion control movement, but in terms of actual game quality I wouldn't label it as Nintendo's peak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I still prefer the Wii U over the switch sometimes. Dual screen functionality was such a nice quality of life feature.
    Except when it comes to Starfox Zero. Dear Christ that game was frustrating to play.

SNES is my favorite, but nothing can compare to PS2.

I like the Wii but I've never been a huge fan of their controller. Most of the time I was playing old games on a classic controller which felt a lot more comfortable. Favorite console of all time for me is probably the SNES and PS2.