Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    *poooof* pathfinder is out of the window in old content, comes SL
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...owlands/504662

With the major changes coming to leveling characters from 10-50 in Shadowlands, we want to make sure that there is a navigational parity among all of the different expansions you can choose while questing. In the next version of the Shadowlands Alpha that will appear this week, testers are going to see an intentional change coming to Shadowlands for a couple of older Pathfinder achievements.
    Specifically, the flight training rewards from Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two will no longer be required for flying in Draenor or Broken Isles content. These will now be granted at level 30 with expert flying.
    The achievements will remain in place as before, and Draenor Pathfinder will still be the way to earn the Soaring Skyterror mount, while Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One will continue to reward increased mount speed in the Broken Isles.
    Thank you very much!

everybody happy now ?
    This is great, but I've already seen people complaining it's unfair for those that had to grind it when it was relevant. You cant please everyone, someone will always whine.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    SL alpha is without WoD and Legion PF soon-ish. nothing about BfA PF being removed, but perhaps it happens at SL prepatch ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    This is great, but I've already seen people complaining it's unfair for those that had to grind it when it was relevant. You cant please everyone, someone will always whine.
    well, those will keep all the achievements ? AND you are able to grind and receive Skyterror and additional speed, if you want.

It's an achievement from years ago. Those people had flying for years. The "I earned it then, you need to earn it now" mentality for old content is so stupid.

Now, if they had PF for half an expansion, then removed it in like, say 8.2.5, that would be stupid.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You could learn flying at lvl 60 in TBC, not because it was needed for the first 3-4 zones in TBC but because it was a huge upgrade.
    People leveling in old content won't have the same experiences as we did in previous expansions so why should they have the same limitations as we did? Revamped leveling system and level cap makes this even more important... If we keep the pathfinders it means people leveling in Northrend (or other continents) will never fly there, they will never see the large scale of it all. I honestly think it's better, far better, that they get to see the lands from above to get immersion than if they didn't.
    Nope, flying required level 70 until patch 3.2.0. "Flying mounts are only usable in Outland at level 70 (this was changed to level 60 in patch 3.2.0). The Horde and Alliance have the wyvern and gryphon, respectively, as standard mounts. The epic mounts are the armored wyvern and armored gryphon." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Riding

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope, flying required level 70 until patch 3.2.0. "Flying mounts are only usable in Outland at level 70 (this was changed to level 60 in patch 3.2.0). The Horde and Alliance have the wyvern and gryphon, respectively, as standard mounts. The epic mounts are the armored wyvern and armored gryphon." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Riding
    lvl 70 was the threshold for quests in Skettis, Ogri'la and Netherwing Ledge anyway, which gave you nether rays and netherwing drakes upon exalted rep with its factions.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    lvl 70 was the threshold for quests in Skettis, Ogri'la and Netherwing Ledge anyway, which gave you nether rays and netherwing drakes upon exalted rep with its factions.
    What's your point exactly? Besides, all of that was added in 2.1 - not TBC launch.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I agree that, overall, this is a good change for the majority of the player base, there is still that small part of me that is a little disappointed that I essentially wasted my time grinding the Pathfinder achievements whilst they were relevant.

That being said, it is a net positive change overall, the streamlined levelling may even encourage me to roll a serious alt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Whilst I agree that, overall, this is a good change for the majority of the player base, there is still that small part of me that is a little disappointed that I essentially wasted my time grinding the Pathfinder achievements whilst they were relevant.
    Do you feel the same about gear from WoD raids? Achievements? Pets? Garrison rewards? The patch that added Draenor flying was almost 5 years ago (June, 23rd/24th, 2015). Why does it matter at all that someone is getting something that you have had for 5 years? You spent time using them when they were relevant. You didn't waste anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What's your point exactly? Besides, all of that was added in 2.1 - not TBC launch.
    leveling under SL rules will be with tbc content in all its glory, with just the lvl itself not 70.

honestly... what it means to me is that my new characters are still going to be stuck with zones that are not a complete and utter mess of arbitrary walls and tiny hills you cannot go over, because... reasons, until they hit flight level. and nothing at all has changed for leveling order after all... I do wish there was some sort of fit of strength or something, for getting pathfinder while it was still relevant.

While I understand people wanting to feel special for having earned Pathfinder when it was current, I also do not have the capability to fuckin care like, at all. I did all of the pathfinders except WoD because I hated WoD, but now I could really care less if any one else now doesn't have to do it. YOU did it while it was current, the date on your achievement is proof. NEAT.

I'm just soooo glad I don't have to earn Pathfinder for WoD now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Dunno, why nobody sees it. I've grinded all that Pathfinder achievements not to have no flying for half of levels during my leveling in WOD, Legion or BFA locations. It's not 1-60 levels, that are no flying now. It's Classic content, that is no flying. Let it be no flying in Shadowlands.

Let's remove Pathfinder then, because it's pointless to grind this achievement, if you can't use it to level with flying in corresponding locations.
    Really man? this is your gripe? With all the things that you COULD complain about, this is it? Go play Classic.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I do wish there was some sort of fit of strength or something, for getting pathfinder while it was still relevant.
    If the achievement was getting deprecated, I'd be all for giving it the FoS treatment. However it'll still exist for mount/flying speed so I really don't see the point.

To people confused, at level 30 expert riding now contains flying for those areas passively, you can still do the other parts of the achi's to get your mounts but from SL Pre-Patch onward no more worrying about that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    While I understand people wanting to feel special for having earned Pathfinder when it was current, I also do not have the capability to fuckin care like, at all. I did all of the pathfinders except WoD because I hated WoD, but now I could really care less if any one else now doesn't have to do it. YOU did it while it was current, the date on your achievement is proof. NEAT.

I'm just soooo glad I don't have to earn Pathfinder for WoD now.
    The WoD one made me want to kill myself lmao, but ya good riddance. I think they could make the OG versions Feats of Strength and give out a special mount coloration variants to those who earned it while relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The WoD one made me want to kill myself lmao, but ya good riddance. I think they could make the OG versions Feats of Strength and give out a special mount coloration variants to those who earned it while relevant.
    We really don't need more rewards associated with getting Pathfinders before SL. We already have people crying there's too many fomo practices across the game, having it apply to a mindless achievement like Pathfinder will ramp it up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    We really don't need more rewards associated with getting Pathfinders before SL. We already have people crying there's too many fomo practices across the game, having it apply to a mindless achievement like Pathfinder will ramp it up to 11.
    True enough I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So long as you aren't a new player (New Players only get BFA).

But, they didn't say you can pick Wrath and immediately go level in Storm Peaks.
    I don't think you can get to level 30 by the time you hit Stormpeaks, or Deepholme if you go Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    If the achievement was getting deprecated, I'd be all for giving it the FoS treatment. However it'll still exist for mount/flying speed so I really don't see the point.
    I suppose. mostly, I guess i'm disappointed that for all the "you can play in any expansion you want" it still doesn't feel like it. i explicitly got pathfinder so that my alts don't have to stay on the ground in those expansions. and now.. they are still stuck on the ground, unless i avoid those expansions until they reach a flight level. I am happy that from then on players won't have to go through these grinds and all, but i'm kinda sad that the explicit benefit I grinded the pathfinder for and one of the things i've been looking forward to with the whole "level in whatever expansion you want" idea - is pointless cause its all level based anyways, and I'm back to square one. guess whatever new alts I make, are going to be leveling primarily through early BC and/or wrath, cause those are the only expacs that have pre-cata level of less annoying ground design that doesn't feel like a complete slog without flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I suppose. mostly, I guess i'm disappointed that for all the "you can play in any expansion you want" it still doesn't feel like it. i explicitly got pathfinder so that my alts don't have to stay on the ground in those expansions. and now.. they are still stuck on the ground, unless i avoid those expansions until they reach a flight level. I am happy that from then on players won't have to go through these grinds and all, but i'm kinda sad that the explicit benefit I grinded the pathfinder for and one of the things i've been looking forward to with the whole "level in whatever expansion you want" idea - is pointless cause its all level based anyways, and I'm back to square one. guess whatever new alts I make, are going to be leveling primarily through early BC and/or wrath, cause those are the only expacs that have pre-cata level of less annoying ground design that doesn't feel like a complete slog without flying.
    I get your point, but I guess the intention from their side is even with the pathfinder changes they still want to keep things somewhat comparative in terms of what point in your levelling experience you're able to fly. Having it a somewhat half way point in the new version is technically comparable to you not being able to fly anyway until level 60 (our current half way point).

I'm not really sure how I feel about that at this stage, honestly I'd prefer to test out directly and get a feel for it but that's not gonna happen for a while. Hopefully doesn't feel too disruptive.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I don't think you can get to level 30 by the time you hit Stormpeaks, or Deepholme if you go Cata.
    You are meant to get to Shadowlands after leveling in through ONE expansion's worth content. As Stormpeaks is later leveling in Wrath, I feel it is 100% likely you will be nearly DONE leveling to the Shadowlands point by the time you can go there.

Deepholm is middle leveling in Cata, so you could be right, but you are likely going to be very close to 30 by that time.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code