Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I didn't want any of this...they said they listened...
    Well obviously they listened to me, not you. I like this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I dont know if im asking for "too much" but...

I thought souldbinds would 100% be pure excitement to go down the "tree" and develop your character with different playstyles.

But looking at them...i get extremely disappointed.
    To the point of thinking conduits will be more important than the soulbinds themselves.
    Conduits are what makes Soulbinds important. We will have choices in these upgrades. Some will be between utility other between DPS increase, etc. Some will upgrade your Covenant Ability. You will probably not get 10 slots that upgrade your DPS if that's what you were expecting. That is just baseless and false hope which you shouldn't do to yourself. Some will be just gimmick effects like the one with the fall damage you mentioned above.

I am perfectly okay with this from what has been shown thus far. In fact the more I discover, the more I like it.

The only thing that I am slightly worried about is how the items that fill the slots are obtained and/or how much of an effect these will have on overall performance. There are 6 slots for each soul-bind. I sincerely doubt these will drop like regular gear pieces. Would be hell on earth trying to fill each soul-bind out. Likely will be relatively easy to obtain and are there simply for customization sake.

This post just seems like regular doomsday crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Wow, I didn't read anything of this before, but damn, some of them are crazy good.
    "Luckily" (I'm not in a top 100 guild or sth) I know exactly which cov my main will play, otherwise it would be a very hard decision what I should take.... I'll still out dps most people, so whoever cares...
    Yeah, I think people are getting too bent out of shape over these things too. They are looking at it from a top 100 perspective. I'm like you and know which covenant most of my toons will go towards since I'm basing it on cosmetic / themes / etc. For instance my main, paladin, is going with Kyrian because I like how the cosmetics will work look on her. Which makes me glad they are also the covenant that gets the multiplied Avenger Shield bounce otherwise it'd be a hard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I am perfectly okay with this from what has been shown thus far. In fact the more I discover, the more I like it.
    Could you tell us which soulbind got you excited?

I have a couple ones myself...but im so disappointed by the amount of useless ones.
    Imagine if every single choice was between stuff as important as this:

The entire Covenant System is a trainwreck waiting to happen. I can't believe some of you 10year+ accounts in here going "lol its alpha it will be fine"
    Nah mate, it will be dumb.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    They're utility effects with some raw stat increases mixed in, and a notable capstone/starter. Seems fine to me.
    There's also several Legion style "relics" that fit into the empty slots with spec specific interactions. I think it'll be the best system in a long time if they pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

No one seemed to mention that they are going to require socket items that you infinitely have to grind out like the netherlight crucible too yaaaaaayyyyy...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No one seemed to mention that they are going to require socket items that you infinitely have to grind out like the netherlight crucible too yaaaaaayyyyy...
    The cycle is unending.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soulbind-calc

This looks like a horrible hybrid of weapon relics mixed with azerite...

Just...why?

When they said they learned lessons did they simply mean they learned lessons in coding on how to combine ui?

Is this me? Is there something im missing that makes this a well functioning system rather then a train wreck?

It just seems like random procs and weird last stand mechanics all over the place. Is there anyone who looks at this and thinks this is good?
    Im sorry u misunderstand.

The consensus is that azerite traits are bad because the only way to make them significant is to make them impactful, and that means there will always be a. est in slot. And since loot is mostly given through random drops this means 2 players who do the same content could end up with great power difference because one got their best traits and the other didnt.

Its never ever been "traits are bad"

In each tier has a different purpose (utility, questing, thouroughput) so can be balanced against each other. And u can apparently easily switch which person u are bound to. So if in one patch Dir danksalot is best u can. Be him. And if next they change it and Senorita pussywillow is better u can use her traits
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I liked it they listened to me, YOU are not the majority nor do you speak for it.

Will wait until they are actually testable to worry.
    But I am sure many people will agree with you with no first hand experience or any interest from Blizzard in feedback on max level progression systems in build 3 of the alpha.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Im sorry u misunderstand.

The consensus is that azerite traits are bad because the only way to make them significant is to make them impactful, and that means there will always be a. est in slot. And since loot is mostly given through random drops this means 2 players who do the same content could end up with great power difference because one got their best traits and the other didnt.

Its never ever been "traits are bad"

In each tier has a different purpose (utility, questing, thouroughput) so can be balanced against each other. And u can apparently easily switch which person u are bound to. So if in one patch Dir danksalot is best u can. Be him. And if next they change it and Senorita pussywillow is better u can use her traits
    They use relics that seem to operate as azerite does its what the blank spots are

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Well obviously they listened to me, not you. I like this system.
    Thats the crux of it with all things. Lostening to feedback does not mean applying it, agreeing with it, or doing anything about it. Mcdonalds can hear customers say they want to be able to buy broccoli beef at their store. Im sure the ceos would love their money. And even the employees might be happy their friends shop at their store more and they can get chinese food at work.

But just cus the ceos want money and the emploees would like to do it, doesnt mean the company should do it or will do it. And it doesnt mean disrespect of the customers.

And as always one should remeber the devs are between two hard places. When upper management hears disatiafied customers they look at their developers as the cause of loss of profits. And there are so many things they want to do thry cant because their managers wont let them, and wont hire additional people to do it instead.

And there are literally millions of opinions. It doesnt matter if u find 1000 ppl who agree with u if there are a million who diagree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Could you tell us which soulbind got you excited?

I have a couple ones myself...but im so disappointed by the amount of useless ones.
    Imagine if every single choice was between stuff as important as this:

I like the fall damage one and the gold.

In mop rogues got an improved form of their reduced fall damage and it stacked with Bouncy. In legion sub rogues were immune to fall dmg.

Its freaking awesome to dismount from 200 feet up and live
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Not really no, besides there isn't much to criticize when we don't know how the system is gonna work yet.
    Stop just fucking stop.

Blizzard has been pulling this shit for several expansions now. And your kind is always "we don't know how it's gonna work" or "it's beta / alpha you guys"

And guess what, it always fucking happens. Something nobody asked for, nobody wants, and the perpetual endless treadmill for .001% extra dps begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem fine to me. Lots of QoL and utility stuff, with some damage mixed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What specifically don't you like about Soulbinds? I feel like most players are probably worried about balancing. Some players may just not like their options. I personally see this as a way to further customize my character the way I want. I can pick abilities that help improve some of my weaknesses or pick bonuses that I find the most fun. I will probably pick all the movement speed options because I like to go fast. Stop worrying about min-maxing and just have fun.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What specifically don't you like about Soulbinds? I feel like most players are probably worried about balancing. Some players may just not like their options. I personally see this as a way to further customize my character the way I want. I can pick abilities that help improve some of my weaknesses or pick bonuses that I find the most fun. I will probably pick all the movement speed options because I like to go fast. Stop worrying about min-maxing and just have fun.
    I don't like what the end result of them is going to be. Right now each has a relic slot much like Artifact weapons and add more grindy traits that mirror azerite. Ontop of that the abilities clearly excel in certain content and I can't see them balancing a single covenant tree properly for soul binds much less balance them among one another.

There are trees that are clearly going to excels in pvp or pve and I just don't want that on higher level play.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope it goes live and changes the whole dynamic of the min/max crowd so that they just give up and just play the game like normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What about the people who have fun maximizing their character??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I hope it goes live and changes the whole dynamic of the min/max crowd so that they just give up and just play the game like normal people.
    Yeah we need to punish those people that like to maximize their character and then compete with one another and have fun doing it

They are obviously having fun in the wrong way

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like what the end result of them is going to be. Right now each has a relic slot much like Artifact weapons and add more grindy traits that mirror azerite. Ontop of that the abilities clearly excel in certain content and I can't see them balancing a single covenant tree properly for soul binds much less balance them among one another.

There are trees that are clearly going to excels in pvp or pve and I just don't want that on higher level play.
    My personal hope is that since we have three choices per covenant that in someway shape or form each cabinet will be relatively balanced so all you really have to worry about is switching between the different soul Bynes within your covenant which we were told is going to be like swapping a talent