Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Auto block is returning, they've confirmed that.

I prefer if it didn't come back to be perfectly honest. In M&B 1 people modified their clients to use the Auto block in Multiplayer(even if it was disallowed), kind of ruined the experience.

The directional block is precisely the same as War of the Vikings and it is not that hard to master. The AI is a mess now though so it's not needed, you just have to close distance, strafe around them and they'll die.

For now I'd recommend running a shield if you don't like the directional blocking.

I see that there is a mod for auto block right now that you could probably try, but I've also read that it doesn't work 100% of the time unfortunately.

One thing that has definitely impressed me is the rate patches have gone out so far, they're constantly fixing issues.
    That's good to know. I figured there would be a lot of people who prefer the added difficulty of the current system, I'm just not one of them.

Their constant stream of patches is what gave me the confidence to buy the game now despite lots of negative reviews about bugs and other issues. Hopefully they keep it up.

With quarantine going on I've had a lot of time to put into this game so far. It's still missing a lot of features, a lot of perks don't even work, still needs balancing, but the base of the game is solid and and update frequency shows the devs are being on top of it. If you do buy at this point I will say do not get attached to your saves because a lot of updates and fixes while won't break saves will not be applied, like the update to stem steamrolling from one faction.

Its also a game designed from the beginning to be mod friendly and once it's in a more stable point of EA I expect a lot of good things. I played more Perisno than the base Warband game.

49 hours in and almost 600 ingame days atm in my campaign also my first and only campaign, just getting better and better with all patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it's a bug or what but i have 6 children but none ever grows up, perhaps they have not added that feature yet.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Not sure if it's a bug or what but i have 6 children but none ever grows up, perhaps they have not added that feature yet.
    it takes 18 INGAME years for children to grow up into adults. i think after 6 ingame years you can take them into your party and fight with them

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    it takes 18 INGAME years for children to grow up into adults. i think after 6 ingame years you can take them into your party and fight with them
    Alright should be a while more then thanks. They will be spilling blood soon enough

- - - Updated - - -

Dismemberment mod is here can even toggle it so it's slow mo when you decap someones head.

Hope they add cutting of limbs too later.

There is also some issues with crashes so you know.

https://www.pcgamer.com/this-bannerl.../#comment-jump
    https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandbl...rlord/mods/400

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-04-11 at 02:09 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I discovered a nice little trick. In Bannerlord, castles are really OP. They can even train and upgrade troops that you leave as a garrison. Now, the best units in the game are special troop trees, separate from the basic recruits. Now, you can either recruit them directly from villages after you do a million quests for them, OR you can upgrade bandit troops. The drawback is that you need a perk super high in the Leadership skill to upgrade bandit troops into these super soldiers. BUT castles don't need that perk. So what I've been doing is running around with a small fast party, taking out bandits and capturing/recruiting all I can, then promoting them as high as I can on my own before dumping them in my garrison. Fian Champion only army dream is about to come true.

Man, they should really add something for imprisoned lords... I have no idea how I am supposed to expand my own kingdom since vassal lieges only recruit from my own fiefs. (And I have 1 castle and 2 villages)

I keep capturing enemy lords but they are just getting ransomed 3 days later and reappear with a full stack of 70 units with some elite troops mixed in.
    It doesn't help that I can win battles with my elite armies where I'am outmatched 5:1 when they keep sending thousands of thousands of lords and units at me. I'll never get a siege done.

Siding with one of the factions is boring. It's really chaotic because you keep getting keeps and towns that are 4003523523532412 days of traveltime apart from each other.

I don't want to add too many mods because I'm bothered about how they are finetuned and mess up the base-game-experience.
    So all my mods have basically been QoL stuff + the bannerpeasant mod (which is a must!)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-21 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I keep capturing enemy lords but they are just getting ransomed 3 days later and reappear with a full stack of 70 units with some elite troops mixed in.
    thats why you go chop-chop and relieve them of their heads

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    thats why you go chop-chop and relieve them of their heads
    I guess I should do that... but doesn't the game end rather quickly then?
    You could basically turn a faction into nothingness in a few days then by executing around 10-20 lords.

I need some middle ground, especially since there seems to be no penalty other than a relation hit (which means nothing right now).
    And it makes me feel bad for them.

Lords make so much money too... hmm. I really don't know how you could even fix that problem. Maybe reduce the amount of money they make, turn up the amount recruits cost and have them refresh less quickly etc.

First thing first though, don't let them spawn with elite troops, because I'm certain that they do spawn with 10-20 high-end units.
    And only allow them to leave the town after having a party strength of 20.
    That should/could do it I think as it will put them in place until they have recruited the current available population a few times.
    If you beat an army with multiple lords and release them/they escape - they could be split onto the remaining towns, if there is only 1 town remaining - tough luck, if you press the attack, you should be allowed to overwhelm them.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-21 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This is another game which I 'somewhat enjoy', but I often feel like I'm stuck in a loop just doing the same thing over and over again in the campaign... namely hunting down small parties of bandits. My clan level is level 3 by now and I'm still in that loop whenever I play. Sometimes I do a series of side-quests to earn favor with certain influentials in the settlements but those are far and few in between and I don't feel like I'm ever progressing much on that either.
    The game basically starts when you go against or with a kingdom.
    You get taxes, garrisons, vassal lords and control big armies, upgrade your castles and cities.
    Without being under a kingdom's banner, you can't even use your companions to create a bigger army.
    You can also get kids that will fight for you (just like companions) and lead their own armies - that does take some ingame time however.

lvl 2 or 3 is where you should pledge loyality (2) or create your own kingdom (3). You could also work as a mercenary and gain gold from that instead of using trade.

As you rule over land and keep them secure, you'll earn favor of all the notables under your direct control. And with some quests, you'll get to their 4th or 5th recruitment slot rather soon.

Eventually, you'll be able to control a big army from taxes alone.
    Not sure why people complain about how little money workshops make.
    I can pay 2 mercenary companies with 5 lords each and 4 parties (including my own 250 strong one) with a single town alone.
    I think most of my money actualy goes into food by now.

I sure wish they'd at least allow us to have 50 units in caravans though, currently I'm not using them because 30 units aren't even enough to defend against looters/bandits.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-21 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the game has really sped up from Warband. I remember having to work as a mercenary or grind tournaments for several hours before I could become a vassal and lead a real army, but in Bannerlord it felt so much quicker. Get some recruits, kill some bandits, level up clan, join kingdom. Can be done in a day. Although, I specialized in a social character, building around MAX MONEY ALL THE TIME, so maybe other character builds might be slower, I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if you can do anything about your kingdom's ruling clan? I'm with the Southern Empire, and I have conquered HALF of Battania myself, and every time I conquer a city or castle, I vote for it to go to myself. But despite my influence being enough to get over half, the queen vetoes my bid and gives it to herself. Since I vote against her every time, she keeps on getting more and more pissed at me. I just want ONE Battanian town/castle so I can recruit forest bandits. If there is a way to kick her out or at least have a civil coup without leaving the Empire, I would love to know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone know if you can do anything about your kingdom's ruling clan? I'm with the Southern Empire, and I have conquered HALF of Battania myself, and every time I conquer a city or castle, I vote for it to go to myself. But despite my influence being enough to get over half, the queen vetoes my bid and gives it to herself. Since I vote against her every time, she keeps on getting more and more pissed at me. I just want ONE Battanian town/castle so I can recruit forest bandits. If there is a way to kick her out or at least have a civil coup without leaving the Empire, I would love to know it.
    Based on my Warband knowledge, that may be counterintuitive.

In Warband, as long as you had a positive relationship with the monarch, after a period of time (and enough castles and villages captured, especially if you were involved in the campaign that captured them, or captured them yourself) you would eventually be offered a fief. Vassals with no fiefs have priority, and awarding them a fief becomes more urgent the longer they go without one AND the more they contribute towards the kingdom, IIRC. Because of this, it was possible to game the system, where the king would offer you a fief and you decline it, until you were eventually offered the one you wanted (ie, a town).

It also helps a lot if you can garner support from other lords (typically by having a good relationship with them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got myself a castle after my army disbanded right before I started the siege. Apparently conquering it ON MY OWN and without supporting nobles backing me up was enough. Right in time for me to fuck the hell off and defend my other fiefs because we just HAD to start a war on the entire other side of the map as soon as I caught it.

- - - Updated - - -

But holy hell where are these guys getting all these troops. I massacred several armies during that war, only for them to swarm me again and again in armies of 400+ every time.

They spawn with it if you aren't using any mods to prevent that.
    Most lords start with roughtly 50-60 guys after they escaped/are being let go.

It prevents steamrolling right now, because the game lacks mechanics to prevent it otherwise (i.e. Wargoals that enforce peace after a certain amount of castles have been taken, alliances and treaties etc.)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the game is still in beta, even tho they released it. My son has been playing it for a while now and he said, it is enjoyable, but not worth $50 in the stage it is now. $25 would be more like what it is worth to buy for now. I will wait until they fix a lot of issues. Which he says there are several.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sounds like the game is still in beta, even tho they released it. My son has been playing it for a while now and he said, it is enjoyable, but not worth $50 in the stage it is now. $25 would be more like what it is worth to buy for now. I will wait until they fix a lot of issues. Which he says there are several.
    Yeah it's early access.

It's a lot of fun, but very unfinished, it's not worth the price unless you know it's a future investment.

It has a long way to go, but I've already gotten my money out of the game even if I never played it again and i was still playing Warband up until about a year ago, so I'm not worried about the money investment. Big patch got pushed this weekend though and it addresses some big issues. I think its just in the beta branch right now, but all that should hit the main branch this week.

I can't seem to marry anyone atm. everyone in my kingdom is too old and can't marry other factions for some reason. Guess my character will be forever alone and never have an heir.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    I can't seem to marry anyone atm. everyone in my kingdom is too old and can't marry other factions for some reason. Guess my character will be forever alone and never have an heir.
    Find a suitable companion, recruit them, and marry them.