Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Permadeath so far, but since this is still alpha things might change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Lore aside: What happens to our player characters when we die there? The whole corpserun from the nearest spirit healer stuff would seem rather weird since we already are in the Shadowlands.
    Basically, we're allowed to go fetch our corpses because it's not our time to die. The PC is unique in that we apparently took our bodies with us to the afterlife, and that let us get out of the Maw, so we're kind of operating outside the natural order in the Shadowlands.

I think it's like, instead of us running from the border of life and death back to our corpses, our disembodied souls go back and get nice and comfy in our meatsuits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Permadeath so far, but since this is still alpha things might change.
    Also, this, for the OP's question. You die in the Shadowlands and you permanently die, reduced to base-parts anima.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    They get resurected in the Lightlands, which is where everyone goes when they die in the Shadowlands.

There's this thing called the Arm-beater, it tells you into which Nantcoven you go into, depending on how you lived your life (death?) in the Shadowlands.

And Sylvanas is there causing shit, because reasons.

But she's redeemed now, and we have to save her. After we save ourselves. From ourselves.

We have to find the heart of the Horde. Within Azeroth. Withing ourselves. Our heart = Azeroth = Horde.

Three hearts. Three lies he will offer you. Half Life 3 confirmed.

Death is only the next part of the adventure
    - Gandalf Potter Skywalker, 1976, on the shores of Antarctica -
    Don't forget about the crossroads that the Horde will find itself at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Don't forget about the crossroads that the Horde will find itself at.
    You FOOL, the Horde is always at a crossroads!

That's why they named a whole town after it!

Being at a crossroads is what it means to be Horde. Without armor. Or with armor. Live another day. Or die another night.

Tomorrow never dies, if today you have never lived.

You are all tin soldiers...eating out of tin cans...with tin spoons...which go tin tin tin as you hit them against your tin cans.

There must always be a chosen one. And a chosen crossroads. But there can be no chosen one, because I am my scarz.

Or are my scarz me?

Destiny Destiny Destiny...by Bungie.

Your destiny will cost you a raid tier.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    They become energy to fuel new lifeforms as I understand it so far. Would've just assumed they entered oblivious void.
    That's Ardenweald iirc. But if you were sent to e.g. the vampyre folks realm?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's Ardenweald iirc. But if you were sent to e.g. the vampyre folks realm?
    If a soul dies there, they go poof as well.

The spirits of the characters are immaterial and invulerable in the afterlife lorewise, in the Shadowlands everything that has passed from the Arbiter is considered dead and is already in the afterlife asides from the player characters at this time who go there as adventurers with the help of Bolvar. The other npc characters like Sylvanas have not went into the normal process of entering to the afterlife so they are technically still alive and the mobs on the map die for gameplay reasons until they respawn, like it has always been.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2020-05-01 at 05:53 PM.

Maybe the rules are different for other realms, but in the Maw destroyed souls become Stygia.
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/currency=1767/stygia

So your ultimate fate after life and after death is that you become monies some noob will use to buy off spec boots

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Maybe the rules are different for other realms, but in the Maw destroyed souls become Stygia.

So your ultimate fate after life and after death is that you become monies some noob will use to buy off spec boots
    Imagine being Varian Wrynn and getting disenchanted in the afterlife by some Maw goons.

Can we please go back to the old Warcraft? I wouldn't even be mad if the next expansion started with the "you're finally awake" meme and someone telling us we've been in some drug induced coma since the events of Classic happened.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-05-01 at 06:52 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Can we please go back to the old Warcraft? I wouldn't even be mad if the next expansion started with the "you're finally awake" meme and someone telling us we've been in some drug induced coma since the events of Classic happened.
    On a quest looking for Mankrik's wife, players explore spirit walking as a last option.
    Sweet dreams are made of tears.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine being Varian Wrynn and getting disenchanted in the afterlife by some Maw goons.

Which old Warcraft? The original one, with plain old Heaven and Hell, where Sargeras was just a daemon?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    they turn into anima power maybe?

They get sent to the Lightlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

And here I thought destroying souls resulted in Fel Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Which old Warcraft? The original one, with plain old Heaven and Hell, where Sargeras was just a daemon?
    Nah, I'd probably prefer WoW to be WC3/Classic state. The lore and world building took a pretty nosedive after that. Now we're stuck with esteemed narratives like
    "Uh-oh. Garrosh is in the past. It's rewind time."
    "Gul'dan from the past slipped into our timeline and he's got the Legion and Illidan (who isn't dead btw.) in tow."
    "A Titan stabbed our planet and now we fight each other because Azeroth bleeds crack cocaine. Also Old Gods and complex morally grey storytelling."
    "Uh-oh. Death is broken. Go kill Sylvanas and her new boyfriend in hell."

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    And here I thought destroying souls resulted in Fel Magic?
    I think we know that Fel magic burns souls, maybe the same thing as Anima, as fuel. I wonder if that means Varian didn't go to the Shadowlands, because Gul'dan burned up his soul in that explosion, and there was nothing left to move on.