Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

For Bernie if he had gotten ahead. I had not seen any anti-gun views and rather a view towards getting people the help they need which many dems in my area ignore over feel good laws. Do you think there would of been the same response as towards Biden. Personally I find Biden far more republican than I feel is fitting of a dem.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    For Bernie if he had gotten ahead. I had not seen any anti-gun views and rather a view towards getting people the help they need which many dems in my area ignore over feel good laws. Do you think there would of been the same response as towards Biden. Personally I find Biden far more republican than I feel is fitting of a dem.
    Bernie is a Senator from a very pro gun rights state. Even tho, the state is also pretty liberal, they have some of the least restrictive gun laws in the Union. One the first states to remove any license requirements for conceal carry handgun licenses. Back in 1969 I think it was. They have been also one of the top safest states in the US for decades.

But the opinion of Biden, for the most part, is best expressed in the politics sub forum. But I will simply say, he is very much a Democrat.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Criminals trying to use Covid -19 virus masks did not work out so well for them....https://www.foxnews.com/us/doorbell-...onavirus-masks

Two armed robbers were caught in a doorbell video attempting to invade a home while wearing coronavirus medical masks and gloves - in an incident that left one of them dead and the other under arrest.

The Illinois homeowner gunned down one of the suspects and chased the other out of his house in Arlington Heights, a Chicago suburb under a coronavirus lockdown.

I also read yesterday, that thief, break-ins and robbery crimes had increased by 75% in New York City the last month.
    You'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to try to break and enter during a time you're almost guaranteed to find someone at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    You'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to try to break and enter during a time you're almost guaranteed to find someone at home.
    For sure. They knew someone was home. What they may have been banking on is most home owners are not armed. I have watched several videos of criminals breaking into a home and then running like a bunch of rats when the home owner starts shooting at them. Acting very surprised and panicking.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Sanders was neutral to mildly pro-gun back in Ye Ancient Olden Days of 80's or 90's, and remember that he's been a pro-Democrat Independent most of that time. When his aspirations went bigger, he ramped up the buzz words and went fully anti-gun along with other policy changes. Biden is Mr "fire your shotgun into the air", and demonstrated a similar complete ignorance of gun laws/ rights as many others. He hasn't really gone overboard with anti-gun rhetoric, instead highlighting very anti-gun folks to do it for him. For the last part, I think the rules of what a Democrat or Republican are, is still settling in after the big changes of the 70's and such.

The gun rights debate does sort of reflect the overall feel of politics I think, the battle is more important than the win. The FOPA of 86 was a compromise gun law, the common sense law of the time. As things shifted more, the AWB of 94 was the new common sense law. Other regulations have been proposed and fought over. If you're not with the newest common sense law, then you are now the enemy. There will never be a final-we-did-it gun law, because they need the battle to pull in voters. If they "won" and banned all guns and erased all borders, folks might turn to vote for the enemy over other matters.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear a judge who ruled in favor of gun owners. And in California of all places......https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-tos...kground-checks

A federal judge blocked a California gun law on Thursday that required people to undergo a background check before purchasing ammunition.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez in San Diego called the regulations "onerous and convoluted," adding that they violate a citizen's Second Amendment rights, the Associated Press reported.

Benitez ruled in favor of the California Rifle & Pistol Association, which had asked him to halt the background checks with a preliminary injunction.

"The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California's new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured," Benitez wrote in his 120-page opinion.

Also note, it was not the NRA who filed the lawsuit. I am disappointed in the NRA lately actually. And have not renewed my membership. It seems this is something they could have filed a lawsuit and other laws in states which are also violating citizen's Constitutional rights. They been mainly just complaining, without doing anything worthwhile.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-04-24 at 11:59 AM.

Good to hear a judge who ruled in favor of gun owners. And in California of all places......https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-tos...kground-checks

A federal judge blocked a California gun law on Thursday that required people to undergo a background check before purchasing ammunition.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez in San Diego called the regulations "onerous and convoluted," adding that they violate a citizen's Second Amendment rights, the Associated Press reported.

Benitez ruled in favor of the California Rifle & Pistol Association, which had asked him to halt the background checks with a preliminary injunction.

"The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California's new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured," Benitez wrote in his 120-page opinion.

Also note, it was not the NRA who filed the lawsuit. I am disappointed in the NRA lately actually. And have not renewed my membership. It seems this is something they could have filed a lawsuit and other laws in states which are also violating citizen's Constitutional rights. They been mainly just complaining, without doing anything worthwhile.
    So...is important to have a background check to buy a gun...and i remember you telling me the laws there protect their citizens well.
    But is reason to throw a party because buying ammo is as easy as buying candy?

(@_@) wut?
    i dont quite understand
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-04-24 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Obama and the Covid-19 best gun sales men of all time.
    And yet, Donald Trump restricted gun rights more than both of them combined.

Yep, your guy did that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and if Biden wins the election in Nov, there will be more records broke. One sure way to stir up the emotions of Americans about their Constitutional right to defend themselves, is anything which threatens to take it away.
    You are saying that people are panicky and ignorant... and you are actually one of them...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I honestly have a hard time seeing how Biden can win. I actually feel sorry for the guy he clearly is suffering from dementia.

Trump isn't running against Trump. He is running against peoples hatred of him, they would vote for a plank of wood if it would get him out of office.
    This is the standard comment from Trumpsters like you, feigning concern for your opponent. Nobody believes you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    it speaks volumes of the liberals that their only current requirement for a president right now is that they aren't trump.
    And the only requirement for you Trumpsters, is that your guy must be a racist and a rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

How so? The guy is as mainline of a Democrat as you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So...is important to have a background check to buy a gun...and i remember you telling me the laws there protect their citizens well.

(@_@) wut?
    i dont quite understand
    I have no issue with having background checks for firearms. Having them for ammo however, is ridiculous. You can easily make your own ammo. A lot easier than making a firearm. It is a bit like having to have a license to purchase gasoline. I also think that would be ridiculous.

And as a side note ; I do not have to show a ID to purchase candy. lol!
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-04-24 at 12:44 PM.

I have no issue with having background checks for firearms. Having them for ammo however, is ridiculous. You can easily make your own ammo. A lot easier than making a firearm. It is a bit like having to have a license to purchase gasoline. I also think that would be ridiculous.

And as a side note ; I do not have to show a ID to purchase candy. lol!
    I will never understand...forget i was here

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand...forget i was here
    You have as much right to your opinion as I do. You are respectful in expressing it. Which I do appreciate.

(@_@) wut?
    i dont quite understand
    they celebrate every time someone is shot by a gun owner, I wouldn't even bother at this point.

Besides if you disagree with a particular poster he will just put you on ignore because you disagree and thus its almost impossible to have an actual discussion.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    they celebrate every time someone is shot by a gun owner, I wouldn't even bother at this point.

Besides if you disagree with a particular poster he will just put you on ignore because you disagree and thus its almost impossible to have an actual discussion.
    Yeah, ghostpanther is pretty thin-skinned for someone his age.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Some swift, common sense gun control coming out of Canada:

Canada bans assault-style weapons after its worst ever mass murder

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/world...rnd/index.html
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Yeah, I guess all that Registration and background checks and all that aren't enough, need to just go ahead and ban the things. You can't trust your citizens with such weapons of war that will never be used for hunting, because this guy killed 13 people with a gun and also animals, but not deer because they can't be used for that. I mean, I guess the article says the gun wasn't registered, so I guess those other laws failed anyway, but this time, this time will be the cure. Remove guns from all the law abiding folks, that'll show 'em.

Ah well, the world marches on.

The list of weapons is pretty funny. It's got pages of AR-15 clones and further down it's like they copy and pasted a list of military weapons used since WW2 to now so you have stuff like 37mm anti tank gun and a few pages of rocket launchers and mortars in it.

They even have a pump action grenade launcher from veitnam of which only 50 total were made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    The list of weapons is pretty funny. It's got pages of AR-15 clones and further down it's like they copy and pasted a list of military weapons used since WW2 to now so you have stuff like 37mm anti tank gun and a few pages of rocket launchers and mortars in it.
    That further down part is due to the other two criteria from the order.

In addition to the ones prohibited by name or model, the order also classes as prohibited:

• Firearms with a bore 20mm or greater (e.g., grenade launchers)
    • Firearms capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 Joules (e.g. sniper rifles)
    So PSC compiles a list of every firearm they can find fitting that criteria to give to the Gazette.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...af-afa-en.aspx

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Some swift, common sense gun control coming out of Canada:

Canada bans assault-style weapons after its worst ever mass murder

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/world...rnd/index.html
    I do not call those common sense gun control, to ban a semi-auto rifle, which the only reason some think the AR-15 is somehow more deadly than any other .223 semi-auto rifle is the fact the AR-15 uses a Nato 5.56 round ( the same round basically as the .223 ) and it looks more militaristic.

So this mass shooter did use a AR-15 during his shooting? The US Virginia Tech mass shooter, who killed more than 30 people, used two handguns and one of them was a .22 cal.

But, it's Canada, so the people up there do not have a Constitutional right to keep and use firearms for self defense, so they can easily make any gun control law they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That further down part is due to the other two criteria from the order.

In addition to the ones prohibited by name or model, the order also classes as prohibited:
    I wonder what part of the "firearm" definition applies, since I'd have imagined grenade launchers would have already been banned in Canada for the most part. Mostly thinking of flare launchers, and not just the fake-grenade-launcher ones.

For "Sniper Rifles", it seems aimed at 50's I think. Sure it might hit some of the big-game rounds, but nothing normally "sniper". Canada does have some big animals though, so don't know what they usually hunt moose/elk/rudolph with.

CZ Scorpion, a big 9mm handgun. Guess the VZ58 market will take a big hit, Canada was one of the larger markets for them.

2 years to hand them in, and Canada might figure out how to pay you some money for them later, out of your tax money.

Amusing aside, while searching for "foot pounds to joules", it kept trying to suggest "how many foot pounds to... kill a squirrel".
    Last edited by Svifnymr; 2020-05-02 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is the standard comment from Trumpsters like you, feigning concern for your opponent. Nobody believes you guys.
    This is the only thing you said that I feel is worth responding to.

As someone who watched their grandfather's fathers mental facilities go until his death, and someone who volunteered to work with veterans suffering from dementia .. you can kindly STFU.

Just because you are not capable of empathy with anyone who disagrees with you .. you really need to stop projecting.

I don't view people who disagree w/me as my enemy. I don't hold my political leanings w/religious zealotry. If you do seek help.

But, it's Canada, so the people up there do not have a Constitutional right to keep and use firearms for self defense, so they can easily make any gun control law they want.
    Is there any other country that protects the right to own firearms?

I have to say the people so against our second have fallen pretty silent since the pandemic. Wonder if it is because of all those people lining up to buy guns in liberal states, or the pandemic itself? Regardless I am thankful for their silence.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right